Tidser - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Tidser

El gofer

Are we better with him in the Team?

I ask this as I thought Lindsay and Forbes were a big part of Tuesday's win.

Tidser has been injury prone over the last 5 years and he lacks any real energy when he plays now.

A bit of a controversial point here, but the nature of his injuries does ask questions about his desire to play, if you look at the periods he has been out for long spells.

He and Forbes does not seem to work in the same team. I personally think Lindsay should be a starter in the first eleven, regardless of whether rudder is fit or not.

Btw I wasn't there today.

Thoughts?

In this team Tidser needs to play when he's fit. He's the one player that refuses to be drawn into our aimless hoofball tactics and is a calmness in midfield we miss badly, including on Tuesday when everyone was swiping a leg at anything just trying to clear it when there's half an hour left of the game.

Him and Forbes don't work in midfield together without someone else in there with them, but he is easily still our best player, although i'm not overly convinced we have the quality of players around him to bring out the best in him. In years past he would dictate the tempo of the game by running the midfield with players willing to play passes and make quality runs into space, but now more often than not when he opens up the play with a pass the person he's passed it to will just hoof it up the park and we'll lose possession.

Good people will do good things, bad people will do bad things, but only with religion do good people do bad things!

32.gif

I totally agree with regards to tidser being our best play maker and his composure on the ball. His best performances involved a 3 man centre midfielder which Duffy isn't going to play.

I also think that Oliver showed on Tuesday what he brings to the Team as a linking number 10.

I wonder what the signing of Murdoch says about tidsers place as well. Personally, I think lindsays energy is important. With our wide and forward options, tidser and Forbes is not an option really.

I would be interested to know how many games he has missed during his time with us.

It's based on nothing whatsoever, but I remarked at the Ayr game when I was told he wasn't making the squad as he was injured that I thought we'd never see him play for Morton again. I'd absolutely love to be proved wrong, as I've got serious man-love for Tidser, but I think he's finished - at least, I don't think he'll be here next season. Hope I'm wrong.

It's based on nothing whatsoever, but I remarked at the Ayr game when I was told he wasn't making the squad as he was injured that I thought we'd never see him play for Morton again. I'd absolutely love to be proved wrong, as I've got serious man-love for Tidser, but I think he's finished - at least, I don't think he'll be here next season. Hope I'm wrong.

Yeah I'll be gutted but I don't think Tidser will be with us next season unless he can come back from this injury and stay fit whilst making a big contribution on the pitch. It's a shame but it's pretty much been a waste of time/cash signing him. He must feel rotten with his luck.

To answer the original question: yes, we're better with him in the team. I think you only need to look back to the way we started the season to see that. When Tidser is fit he should start (I suspect he wasn't fit in his last couple of starts for us though, and that was a bit of a problem). Hopefully he's back sooner rather than later, but there is certainly the fear that it's been one thing after another with his injuries. Must be sickening for him.

On his day and when fit tidser can be brilliant. Unfortunately we have seen very little of that since his return. I'd have him in CM before forbes but this would then mean Duffy shoehorning forbes in somewhere else which does not work.

I think tidser will be off at the end of the season. He doesn't seem to be enjoying his second spell here and I for one don't blame him with Duffy as manager and his hoofball gamelan.

There's a storm on the horizon

And for that I can't see the sun

For I'll keep a waiting on the pavement

For the ice cream van to come

No doubting his ability but I'm also thinking his better days are behind him now. Maybe I'm wrong but he doesn't seem to have any drive or determination to get himself fit and make an impact on this squad.

Always looks to me as if he'd rather be somewhere else.

Hope I'm wrong and he bounces back bit I'm not going to bet on it.

The few times I have seen Tidser since his eventual return, he hasn't really impressed.  Looks to me as if injuries have taken their toll on him.  If he can get properly fit, he'd be one of the first names on the team sheet, but it may be the case that he just can't shake off the injuries to being get back to the player he was and so can't dominate the midfield the way he did a few years ago.  Could be the new Peaso in terms of percentage of games played per season.

"Any nation given the opportunity to regain its national sovereignty and which then rejects it is so far beneath contempt that it is hard to put words to it."

Tidser remains one of the most accomplished footballers at Morton. His second spell at the club have been plagued with injuries. While he should be able to dictate the midfield regardless of who plays alongside him he is clearly more comfortable with certain types of players who provide balance. For all Forbes attributes he is not the ideal foil to accommodate Tidser and too often when they play together in the centre the midfield gets over-run. Personally I would almost always pick Tidser, if fit, as he plays a passing game and when on form we play 'attractive' rather than hoofball football. Without Tidser Morton are very one-dimensional.

Tidser looked near enough back to his best in the Hamilton game in particular. The whole team performed very well that night but he in particular ran the show. I won't write him off just yet.

This.

Forbes should be dropped for a fit Tidser in a 4-4-2, with the two of them just about accommodated in a 5.

Tidser is head and shoulders above the rest of the squad in terms of his use of the ball and the ability to control and retain it under pressure.

Tidser looked near enough back to his best in the Hamilton game in particular. The whole team performed very well that night but he in particular ran the show. I won't write him off just yet.

Amen. Can't believe folk are saying he won't play for us again. Madness.

EOho8Pw.png

Amen. Can't believe folk are saying he won't play for us again. Madness.

I think it's more that people are worried that his injury record is poor and that we haven't seen him at full fitness for a long time.  Nobody is saying they don't want him in the team.

"Any nation given the opportunity to regain its national sovereignty and which then rejects it is so far beneath contempt that it is hard to put words to it."

I think it's more that people are worried that his injury record is poor and that we haven't seen him at full fitness for a long time.  Nobody is saying they don't want him in the team.

You claimed that he "hasn't really impressed" since his return: presumably you were busy at the Dumfries agricultural show then, while Tidser was actually running the show against Kilmarnock and Hamilton this season. 

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

Archived