2024/25 Squad and Transfers - Page 7 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

2024/25 Squad and Transfers

1 hour ago, ChampTon said:

True. I'd suggest he's on the keep list. O'Connor hasn't travelled up tonight either..

I think O'connor is our best centre back.  I'd be disappointed if he's released.

"CORNBEEF IS A BELLEND"

6 minutes ago, LargsTON said:

I think O'connor is our best centre back.  I'd be disappointed if he's released.

I suppose we can think what we like, and I probably agree, but given he's not played most of the season and Broadfoot has, I don't think Imrie sees it the same way. Doubt O'Connor wants to hang about and not play.

8 minutes ago, Doddie said:

You sure? 

O'connor was on the pitch after the game

There's a storm on the horizon

And for that I can't see the sun

For I'll keep a waiting on the pavement

For the ice cream van to come

15 hours ago, LargsTON said:

I think O'Connor has the potential to be our best centre half. In some respects he has the best attributes for the role. But there are also parts of his game that let him down. One being his erratic distribution (we were much better with Broadfoot, or Ambrose last season, in the team in that respect), the other being that he just switches off in the box occasionally. It's frustrating because there's every chance we could let him go and really regret it, but I understand if Imrie isn't convinced. 

2 hours ago, SpoonTon said:

I think O'Connor has the potential to be our best centre half. In some respects he has the best attributes for the role. But there are also parts of his game that let him down. One being his erratic distribution (we were much better with Broadfoot, or Ambrose last season, in the team in that respect), the other being that he just switches off in the box occasionally. It's frustrating because there's every chance we could let him go and really regret it, but I understand if Imrie isn't convinced. 

Agree with this. I think him and Baird are liable to just launch it so Broadfoot kept his place for being better on the ball and a bit of balance. Definitely potential there - actually thought he'd go on to a career like Lamie or something at first. 

Big George clearing up at the Poty night. He's won players player, mct poty, player of the year and goal of the season.

Mullen wins ypoty and Muirhead wins top goalscorer.

• Upvote 1

There's a storm on the horizon

And for that I can't see the sun

For I'll keep a waiting on the pavement

For the ice cream van to come

I'd take Gaston back as he is freed up. Mullen still number 1 for me but maybe we could have him in full time whilst allowing him to do his coaching. I actually thought young Sam was a bit older than 16, I wonder if he will get a loan move? 

However, I understand a strong second choice keeper may not be the priority if we are running a tight squad again.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, DumfriesTon said:

Robbie Crawford away to Partick according to Scott Burns.

Bad news when we can't offer an important player such as Crawford a 2 year deal but handed one out last season to *check notes* Steven Boyd.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I’m sure Crawford was in the tele the other day saying he’d have been keen to stay at Morton providing he got offered a deal. So we either haven’t offered him one or the more likely is that we’ve offered him a deal, that is pretty crap. 

• Downvote 1

Will be gutted to lose anyone to that lot. He’s been there a few years back and didn’t play so hopefully we can get a decent 2 year deal put together for him and get him signed up.

28 minutes ago, ChampTon said:

Bad news when we can't offer an important player such as Crawford a 2 year deal but handed one out last season to *check notes* Steven Boyd.

You’re really hard work on here.

• Upvote 1

Crawford was a key player in our system but with such a potential high turnover in squad there’s nothing to say we will definitely be playing in the same way next season. Imrie brought out his strengths as a player with his pressing ability but if we can recruit well in midfield this summer and bring in someone  who contributes more with goals and assists in his position then he won’t be as big a miss as it first seems.

if we continue to play the exact same way next season then he will be a massive loss as there’s no one better in the division at pressing high from midfield. 

• Upvote 1

Good people will do good things, bad people will do bad things, but only with religion do good people do bad things!

32.gif

Dougie mentioned at the Q&A about wanting more pace in the team and particularly at top end of the park, I would imagine Crawford will be part of that plan.