Match Preview/Thread - Morton vs Inverness CT (2nd March) - Page 2 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Match Preview/Thread - Morton vs Inverness CT (2nd March)

Admin

Mullen is a big miss here.

"Any nation given the opportunity to regain its national sovereignty and which then rejects it is so far beneath contempt that it is hard to put words to it."

4 minutes ago, TRVMP said:

Ref's absolutely fucked it, what an ineffectual performance.

Just when you think you’ve seen it all, this c*nt takes it to another level. 

4 minutes ago, LargsTON said:

I hope if today is the day the run goes the fans don't turn on the team. If anything they deserve acknowledgement for a tremendous effort.  This wasn't going to last forever.  Fingers crossed we can turn it around though.

Absolutely but it shows how we cannot afford to miss any of our first choice team

This is very reminiscent of the early season performances when Oakley was injured. We're clueless in possession without him, Muirhead is not a centre forward in this system. He is not making the correct runs and can't hold anything up

Chocolate wrists MacDonald is pish btw

• Upvote 1

We have looked toothless up front. Too many players out.

Need to see the highlights but first impression was that Macdonald could have walked over to get that shot at the post. I have no confidence in him.

Edited by Alibi

"Any nation given the opportunity to regain its national sovereignty and which then rejects it is so far beneath contempt that it is hard to put words to it."

1 hour ago, TRVMP said:

Ref's absolutely fucked it, what an ineffectual performance.

The referee could have been the second coming of Pierluigi Collina and we still wouldn't have won today. Far too many players underperformed from the first minute, French and McGrattan shut down our right game side all by themselves. 

Edited by vikingTON
  • Upvote 1

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

1 minute ago, vikingTON said:

The referee could have been the second coming of Pierluigi Collina and we still wouldn't have won today. Far too many players underperformed from the first minute, French game McGrattan shut down our right game side all by themselves. 

Agreed completely, we've been very poor and even though the second half is a slight improvement there is still no chance of us properly testing them.

EOho8Pw.png

What a shame. I fondly hoped that our unbeaten run would end in a blaze of glory against Hearts. Sad that it's ended in a whimper at the hands of teuchter relegation candidates. But nothing will ever take away from the magnificent run. Huge admiration for Dougie and the team. Let's hope that our key players return soon.

Mon eh Ton.

• Upvote 1

Bad day at the office, without Oakley we have no threat, back to the drawing board.

No point in tears and snotters, we just had a record-breaking run and now we're back down to earth, it'll happen. Got to stay right behind Dougie and the team.

• Upvote 2

EOho8Pw.png

Inverness are a bunch of thugs. Must get it from their manager.

Today shows we have a very decent team but lack of squad depth kills us when we get injuries to key players. And I recon with Mullen in goal we wouldn’t lose that one.

It had to end at some point but we could have at least put up a fight. The injuries gave those normally on the bench the opportunity to step up and make a claim to be starting but sadly they fluffed their lines. Memories of our start to the season came flooding back. Hopefully with the fans support we can bounce back quickly.

I don't think many individuals actually played that badly today, we just looked completely devoid of a coherent gameplan. 

Muirhead can't play as an effective target man, its just not his strength. Hopefully Imrie can come up with a tweak to the system to compensate for Oakley missing the next handful of games. Otherwise we're going to be under a lot of pressure if we're not carrying an attacking threat.

A bad day and defeat was inevitably going to come after such a long run, but unfortunate that it was today considering the upcoming fixtures. The concern is if that's going to be typical of performances without Oakley and Wilson: without them we have no physical presence to speak of outwith the centre backs and every team in the division could bully us the way Inverness did today.

Inverness well worth the win, managed having an early lead superbly and outwith the disallowed goal we created absolutely f**k all, because they didn't let us.

Brian Wake my Lord, Brian Wake

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

2 hours ago, TopCat said:

I don't think many individuals actually played that badly today, we just looked completely devoid of a coherent gameplan. 

Muirhead can't play as an effective target man, its just not his strength. Hopefully Imrie can come up with a tweak to the system to compensate for Oakley missing the next handful of games. Otherwise we're going to be under a lot of pressure if we're not carrying an attacking threat.

When the system works properly, we don't rely on Oakley as a target man. We also get the ball back from pressing and winning second balls* in dangerous situations on a regular basis. The bigger issue today was that the four players behind Muirhead didn't press effectively at all. Garrity was the most effective of the four on the ball, whereas McGrattan was both anonymous in possession and a headless chicken off it until he got a bad hit and came off. Blues and Crawford looked a yard off the pace too, which at least in their cases could be seen as the impact of the fixture list. 

You can't have both game plans completely fail and expect to get anything from the game, but there's no decisive reason why that plan shouldn't still work in Oakley's absence.

* Not just a midfield issue: we lost too many 50-50s and second balls in every area of the park in the first hour, including at the first goal. It was just a write-off performance all round. 

Edited by vikingTON
  • Upvote 1

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are