Match Preview/Thread - Morton vs Montrose (20th January) - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Match Preview/Thread - Morton vs Montrose (20th January)

Is this game likely to go ahead?

"Any nation given the opportunity to regain its national sovereignty and which then rejects it is so far beneath contempt that it is hard to put words to it."

Dougie says one or 2 will be missing tomorrow and there will be one or 2 changes.  Imagine baird will miss put and i heard that Crawford had a niggle during the week as well. Be interesting to see how we line up. Wouldnt mind:

Mullen 

French  O'connor Broadfoot strapp

Wilson       O'Boy

Quitongo          Muirhead            Bearne

Oakley

Subs- murdoch, waters, Gillespie, King, Boyd, McGrattan, Power, Garrity 

There's a storm on the horizon

And for that I can't see the sun

For I'll keep a waiting on the pavement

For the ice cream van to come

Couple of changes too many here. I can account for players being a bit short of match sharpness, but our inability to defend from the front and play as a cohesive unit has made for a frustrating half. If we keep giving Montrose time and space to fire crosses into the box then we'll get punished. 

• Upvote 1

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

5 minutes ago, Drew Busby's Moustache said:

Since The Snakes are no longer an option..... fancy the Midden @ Cappielow?

No. Not when there are tiny little teams left in.

Bonnyrigg, Brora or Ayr.

• Upvote 1

Flat would be the best word to describe that first half. Penalty looked soft but good work from Blues to get into that position. Once the second went in it was a question of how many, a job comfortably done.

Wilson played very well, Oakley held the ball up well. The gulf in quality between Waters and Strapp was very clear contrasting the performance before and after that sub. It's not just his own contribution on and off the ball, he makes every player around him better and carries the team up the park.

As an aside that's Oakley, Muirhead, Quitongo, Crawford, King, Garrity, McGrattan and Bearne all getting some game time in attacking positions today, while Blues (who had a decent game at right back) has also been starting out wide. Surely Boyd is a prime candidate for moving on on loan?

Brian Wake my Lord, Brian Wake

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

Poor first half performance. Didn't really kick on after the penalty and let Montrose have the better of it.

Jai looks like he is struggling to come back from his injury and looks timid to me. 

Once we scored the second we were comfortable but that's about all we can say of that game. 

10 minutes ago, TONofmemories said:

Didn't appreciate Blue's very clearly telling the cowshed to "shut the fuck up" after a few groans.

Gillespie motioned to the shed to relax as well in the first half.

I think this all came from frustration as montrose were competing well and making it difficult for us to get the ball forward. I so think we could have had a bit more urgency with the ball at tomes but we also need to be realistic that it won't go forward every time.

Personally i don't mind players giving some back if they're getting it from the fans. 

There's a storm on the horizon

And for that I can't see the sun

For I'll keep a waiting on the pavement

For the ice cream van to come

Guys like Blues have to remember that fans will be shelling out a lot of money for consecutive home games at the time of the year when it's usually most tight.  Disappointing to hear this though I wasn't there today.

"CORNBEEF IS A BELLEND"