Match Preview/Thread - Morton vs Partick (13th January) - Page 4 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Match Preview/Thread - Morton vs Partick (13th January)

46 minutes ago, irnbru said:

Would it not suggest people turning up quite close to kick off and resulting in big queues so it took longer? 

That will absolutely be part of it, sure, but i think it’s still reasonable to hope for the queues to be more efficiently funnelled in. Whether by better queue management, improvements to the turnstiles, by encouraging more people to arrive early or even all three in combination.

A draw will always feel like a bit of a downer after a string of good wins, particularly when we had chances to seal the three points. Hasn’t taken the feel good factor away for me, though. Still can’t quite believe the position the team and Dougie have got us in to given where we were not so long ago. 

Regarding the turnstiles, two fans in front of me scanned their tickets and failed to notice the green-light "please enter" message. They tried again, after the greenlight had "expired" and got a "double use" error message and had to go off in search of a steward.

Regarding the game, it was frustrating not to get the win but I'll take continuing the unbeaten run.

McGhee needs some support, there's no-one backing him up.
Hayes playing it forward, Bell being forced to do it all alone, now forward from Marr, here's Ritchie, still Andy Ritchie, look at the control...

That is a marvellous goal from Andy Ritchie. Twenty minutes on the clock and Morton's supporters come alive. A goal which epitomises the control, the arrogance, the cheek of Andy Ritchie.

Frustrating not to take maximum points today after what can only be described as one way traffic in the first half. Second half we fell of the pace a wee bit I thought, however did not look in any danger of conceding. How bannigan never got a second yellow is beyond me. Felt a bit like the Craig Napier show today.

btw how much better did they look once they took Graham off? Totally different outfit. 

1 hour ago, vikingTON said:

None of the above will have any measurable impact at all. The number of turnstiles (4) are simply not sufficient to meet demand - even for a normal game at peak time never mind a somewhat larger crowd today. Iron Man produced a back of a fag packet estimate of processing a ticket every 10 seconds, which doesn't match up to any real world understanding of the technology, crowd dynamics or indeed primary school level logic and reason. This was all pointed out at the time. 

Cappielow needs at least 6 if not 8 turnstiles to cover the two home terraced sections - some of the manual turnstiles should have been preserved for spare capacity when required. Instead we have a white elephant entry system that is only going to strangle the club going forward. It's not the current board or ownership's fault, but ultimately they have to resolve the problem left to them. 

Nothing to disagree with here. 

• Upvote 1

Their keeper definitely saved them being 3-0 down at halftime. Thought we were by far the better team and their fans started singing when they realized they got something out of that game they didn't deserve.

SFA seem to have just handed out whistles at Xmas to absolute wackos or pantomime rejects. Napier now added to a long list of wallopers who should never be allowed in Sinclair St ever again.

Napier - fud

Bannigan - lucky fud

Graham - can only aspire to be a fud

Will take the point but that first half performance was brilliant, some really nice football on show aswell. If we went in 2 or 3 up there wouldn’t be many arguments about it. Very surprised how passive Partick were in the first half.

Sneddon had his best game for them against us today, he’s usually awful and definitely a weak link. Two cracking saves in the first half, Oakley and Crawford I think?

Disappointing not to take the 3 points but lots of positives to take again. What a turn around it’s been 👏🏻

2 hours ago, vikingTON said:

Cappielow needs at least 6 if not 8 turnstiles to cover the two home terraced sections - some of the manual turnstiles should have been preserved for spare capacity when required. 

I'm sure the old turnstiles are still in place behind the wall. They only ripped out what was needed to fit the new system.

1 hour ago, Toby said:

Embarrassing whataboutery from irnbru, here. 

It was fine about 10-15 minutes before the game. I was there then and was in with time to speak to a mate for 5 mins then go to the bit I stand at so no whataboutery here. I agree improvements are needed but there also needs to be a bit of realism from people turning up so close to kick off. 

• Downvote 3

I joined the queue at 2.45 and didn't get into the ground till 3 minutes after kick off. 2 more turnstiles is probably all that would be needed to resolve most of the issues faced with queuing IMO, and setting up individual queues for each turnstile I feel would also help. Hoping that a new GM in the door seeing these things at first hand will hopefully take it on board.

• Upvote 1

On 1/12/2024 at 4:00 PM, RossMcC1874 said:

Really looking forward to this, I never have a good feeling when we play Partick Thistle as our record recently hasn't been the best but with the form we are taking into this one it's hard to not fancy us. 

I wouldn't imagine the first 11 will be to different as there really isn't much which needs to change but you would imagine Muirhead comes straight back in possibly along with Baird? I think it's really hard on either Broadfoot or O'Connor to miss out but Baird & Broadfoot have been very solid recently, also with King now back it gives us even more options off the bench if needed. 

On a personal note my partner who has never really bothered about football before has been with me to quite a few Morton games and was starting to enjoy it sadly however, she has decided to sit with the rest of her family in the away end as her cousin now plays for Partick after signing this month, even more reason for us to pump them, not that I am bitter or anything....

Divorce her.

• Upvote 1

*insert signature here*