Match Preview/Thread - Morton vs Inverness (12th December) - Page 4 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Match Preview/Thread - Morton vs Inverness (12th December)

Admin

58 minutes ago, ChampTon said:

Massive performance, much more like the Morton we know under Imrie.

That ref, Christ.

My favourite decision was to give a free kick for offside against Oakley (great decision from him to disrupt Inverness) inside their half and let's them take it in Morton's half.

Onward and upward. GIRUY "Dunc".

It’s a daft rule, but he actually got that one right. If you’re flagged offside, it’s taken from the point that you made contact with the ball. George came back into our half from an offside position and played the ball there. Doesn’t make up for pretty much every other refereeing decision he made - his performance was diabolical.

Deserved win from us tonight. Got in their faces and never let up. Strapp was immense tonight.

McGhee needs some support, there's no-one backing him up.
Hayes playing it forward, Bell being forced to do it all alone, now forward from Marr, here's Ritchie, still Andy Ritchie, look at the control...

That is a marvellous goal from Andy Ritchie. Twenty minutes on the clock and Morton's supporters come alive. A goal which epitomises the control, the arrogance, the cheek of Andy Ritchie.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, AyrshireTon said:

It’s a daft rule, but he actually got that one right. If you’re flagged offside, it’s taken from the point that you made contact with the ball. George came back into our half from an offside position and played the ball there. Doesn’t make up for pretty much every other refereeing decision he made - his performance was diabolical.

Deserved win from us tonight. Got in their faces and never let up. Strapp was immense tonight.

Interesting, I thought it was from the position the player was in as the ball was played. 

Thought his comments were pretty fair actually.  Can you imagine what Billy Dodds would have been like?

"Any nation given the opportunity to regain its national sovereignty and which then rejects it is so far beneath contempt that it is hard to put words to it."

Thought the post match interviews from both managers were fair and pretty spot on. Great result and performance was good last night. Onto Saturday.

There's a storm on the horizon

And for that I can't see the sun

For I'll keep a waiting on the pavement

For the ice cream van to come

1 hour ago, The Bewilderedbeast said:

So did I,  with the exception of claiming the 1st half was even.

We were better from start to finish.

Don't really agree with the comments on time wasting or that it was just about long throws. They were put under a lot of pressure with our work rate and high press and we actually passed through the midfield a lot better of them and were tidier in possession. Didn't see much time wasting - the ref had a word with O'Connor at a throw where he wasn't any slower than anyone else and Mullens booking wasn't actually that bad - you see a lot worse elsewhere and I actually thought we looked like we wanted another goal more than the just seeing out the game. 

6 hours ago, Alibi said:

Thought his comments were pretty fair actually.  Can you imagine what Billy Dodds would have been like?

Nah, he kept mentioning the long throw-ins into the box as if it was some kind of devious underhand tactic. Perplexingly he admitted they were effective but also said something along the lines of, 'it's the way they play, but not the way I'd play' (can't be arsed rewatching it for the actual quote). Also banging on about time-wasting was weird, it was no worse that every team on the planet does when seeing out a game, including these inbred teuchters.

The classic reaction from a manager trousered at Fortress Cappielow;

* 'Long throws lobbed into the box'

* 'They were time-wasting'

* 'A physical game'

* 'They play how they play, but we don't play like that'

* I was in the stand because I embarrassed myself, having been red-carded for being an unprofessional chump'

There are many here amongst us who are delighted to see Lewis Strapp once again proudly wearing the famous blue & white hoops of the club who mentored him, and to who he's devoted 11 years of his professional career. Apart from his stellar performance last night - the fact that just one of his considerable abilities can instil the flood of salty tears from the likes of Big Dunce is worth the price of his signing just on its own. Fucking priceless actually. Every other team in the Championship blaming their pish-poor performance on the fact that we have a defender who can throw a ball further than six feet.

So my take on Big D's post-match reaction? ......

meter45.gif

I'd like to see us try to hold on to Lewis at least till the summer.  He adds a lot to our left hand side.  Nothing against Waters who has become a steady player, but Strapp's aggression and willingness to attack adds a lot to our play.  Not to mention those long throws that seem to terrify half the division even if we often don't capitalise on them.

"Any nation given the opportunity to regain its national sovereignty and which then rejects it is so far beneath contempt that it is hard to put words to it."

22 hours ago, The Bewilderedbeast said:

So did I,  with the exception of claiming the 1st half was even.

We were better from start to finish.

We weren't better for large parts of the first half after the goal. The first half was fairly even and of Inverness had equalised it wouldn't have been a robbery. The second half we were the better side and mostly controlled the game. 

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

3 hours ago, BishopBrennan said:

If Strapp turns in another few performances like he did on Tuesday night I'd imagine he will have a few offers in January. 

It remains a mystery why he wasn't already snapped up long before we gave him the short-term contract. I would assume it was either because his agent is shite or his fitness was still in doubt after being out so long (or both).  

I totally agree though, if he continues to put in shifts in like he did the other night, you'd think there'll be a lengthy queue waiting to offer him a deal come the end of January.

2 hours ago, TONofmemories said:

Probably what his agent/our chairman might want..

That's the major concerns I have with this arrangement and it has nothing to do with Strapp who just needs to play football and look out for himself. 

Is it in our chairman's best interest to convince strapp to sign until the end of the season (preferably for as low a wage as possible) or for him to find a better financial move elsewhere for the player in January that he will financially profit from? 

Good people will do good things, bad people will do bad things, but only with religion do good people do bad things!

32.gif

1 hour ago, port-ton said:

That's the major concerns I have with this arrangement and it has nothing to do with Strapp who just needs to play football and look out for himself. 

Is it in our chairman's best interest to convince strapp to sign until the end of the season (preferably for as low a wage as possible) or for him to find a better financial move elsewhere for the player in January that he will financially profit from? 

Aye it's a bit of a strange situation. If Dougie wanted to keep him for whatever period then he'd want the best value possible for the club but is the chairman looking for best value for the club or his client where he'll get a percentage of any fee/ wage. 

Sounds like a clear conflict of interest there.  I would have thought that would be a resigning matter.

Archived