Match Preview/Thread - Cove Rangers vs Morton (5th May) - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Match Preview/Thread - Cove Rangers vs Morton (5th May)

Admin

ezgif-1-ef45de76c3.gif

Our match thread is brought to you in association with Titan Spiced Rum. The Morton Club Edition is almost sold out, so make sure you act quickly and secure your bottle now! Make sure you check out the new Titan Orange Rum for a brand new twist on a classic spirit! 

Visit TitanSpiritsLTD.com and secure your bottle today! 

Titan Spiced - Rum, Reggae, Retro.

Tail O’ The Bank Credit Union invites you to the new Warm Hands of Friendship Initiative. Join the team in their Kilblain Street office every Wednesday between 10am-12pm. This new scheme offers a safe environment, resources, advice, support, a warm cuppa and a friendly face.  

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Buzzing for this, and £13 a ticket is good stuff. This is the first time the final league game of the season which fans can actually attend has mattered since 2015, so hopefully we get a good crowd up for this.

You'd obviously rather have Oakley available but if he's not fit after limping off I'm happy enough moving Muirhead and Crawford forward. Crawford hasn't started in that more advanced role in any of our games with Cove so far this season and his pressing could be vital here.

Brian Wake my Lord, Brian Wake

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

I didn't believe this stat until I checked it myself: we haven't won away from home since Cove last November, Kabia opening the scoring, McIntosh equalizing late on, then Robbie Crawford winning it at the death.

With that said, since the defeat at Celtic we've gone five games unbeaten on the road, scoring in each of them - in fact managing an average of two goals per game.

A late error cost us against Dundee. Just got to make sure the same doesn't happen here, because even with injuries we have enough about us getting forward to net at least one.

EOho8Pw.png

Gutted to be missing this as I'm flying out to Turkey at 4pm. Not the best forward planning 🙈

There's a storm on the horizon

And for that I can't see the sun

For I'll keep a waiting on the pavement

For the ice cream van to come

Looking forward to this one, massive game for both clubs! Makes me think back to similar occasions when you’re watching the match and keeping your eye on other matches for the entire 90 minutes! Nerve shredding stuff but it’s the reason we love the game!

Can't think of a more important game we have been involved in years. Disappointed if Oakley misses out as he has been brilliant and is a real force up top who will be missed. Just need to do our bit and hope for a decent result or two in other games. I do think we will win but given how much is at stake I think it will be very tight and probably not the best game. We are going into this in great form which is a plus. This would be my starting 11

Schwake

Grimshaw Baird O'Connor Waters

Blues       Gillespie 

Quitongo       Crawford          Miller

Muirhead  

Oakley up top if fit and Muirhead just behind him with Crawford dropping back and blues going on the bench. 

I think we look at our most dangerous with Crawford pushing forward.  The number of times he nicked the ball off QP players before they even realised he was there was impressive.  More of the same on Friday.  Press Cove incessantly and they'll buckle.  We don't want to get drawn into a hoofball contest.  That team above looks decent to me.  If Oakley makes it, even better.

"Any nation given the opportunity to regain its national sovereignty and which then rejects it is so far beneath contempt that it is hard to put words to it."

Quitongo, Miller and Crawford must be a bastard to play against. So much energy, movement and pace between them, they never stand still. You then have Mcgrattan coming on who will do the exact same.

Oakley being potentially out is a loss, but I much prefer a set of more energetic players behind a number 9 so not a huge fan of Muirhead as a 10 or on the left in any case, the above team looks much more balanced and should have enough to beat Cove.

Just make sure we win! The last thing we want is to blow our own game and other results go the way we wanted.

Going to be a nervy night with hopefully 7-800 away fans in attendance, bring it on.

Hope I'm wrong but I took the Oakley comment as not wanting to give Hartley or Cove any potential information about the line up. If it was cramp then he wouldn't be giving him until Thursday to be fit like he also said in the interview. 

Good people will do good things, bad people will do bad things, but only with religion do good people do bad things!

32.gif

2 hours ago, port-ton said:

Hope I'm wrong but I took the Oakley comment as not wanting to give Hartley or Cove any potential information about the line up. If it was cramp then he wouldn't be giving him until Thursday to be fit like he also said in the interview. 

Really bad cramp can knock you off your feet for a couple of days. In Oakley's case that could mean missed training and conditioning. It's not impossible for the timeline to be cramp here.

EOho8Pw.png

11 hours ago, Stevie Aitken's Love Child said:

Question on tickets - are most fans going for the ground tickets or the stand tickets? Be good to keep us as tightly packed together as possible for some atmosphere.

Assumed standing. Must be in danger of a sell out for away fans. Only about 3000 capacity so wouldn't have thought there would be a big away end. 

Archived