Squad for next Season - Page 136 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Squad for next Season

The only claim to fame of his current/former employer involves the famous WM & CQR (Wrexham, Mold & Connah's Quay Railway) which was absorbed into the Great Central Railway in 1897. It was famous because its lines went nowhere near either Wrexham, Mold or Connah's Quay.

Just thought I'd throw that one in there.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, port-ton said:

French staying at Morton according to Dundee twitter account. 

Hope he manages to improve for the remainder of the season. I thought he was extremely poor against Partick last week and is a weak link in our side. 

2 hours ago, Scott said:

Hope he manages to improve for the remainder of the season. I thought he was extremely poor against Partick last week and is a weak link in our side. 

You can't argue with the defensive performance of the team of the past couple of months but I agree that he's been the least consistent part of the defence in that period. Dundee fans said he was absolutely rapid but I've not really seen evidence of that so far. 

To be fair he has had a bad injury though and didn't play a game until he came to us so even though he may be up to match fitness now he might not be back to his best form yet. 

Good people will do good things, bad people will do bad things, but only with religion do good people do bad things!

32.gif

When we first took French on at RB, I watched a pile of Dundee footage on YouTube from last season. It's honestly like watching a different player, especially regarding his pace going forward. His leg break was a really bad one. Either he's not up to full fitness as PT says, or he's possibly lacking the confidence to get really stuck in, subconsciously protecting himself from another serious injury. He's very highly thought of by Dundee supporters.

Davies is an interesting signing, clearly someone who knows where the back of the net is albeit at a lower level, more than happy to go along with this and trust Dougie's judgement. 

It does make me slightly worried that the likes of Oakley maybe Muirhead might be away in the summer. Oakley has been outstanding this season and I can't see him not getting offers from say a lower half prem team, Muirhead I would say less so it's still an option but I think Oakley has a more all round game and turns up more often than Muirhead does even if his consistency has dramatically improved since Dougie has been here. 

In regards to French I don't mind him being here the rest of the season, he has improved recently but you can definitely tell he is still holding back because of that injury, on another note does anyone know if Harkness is actually still on loan to us? I know he had that really bad injury and went back to Rangers for treatment but I never heard anything official he was away. 

24 minutes ago, RossMcC1874 said:

on another note does anyone know if Harkness is actually still on loan to us? I know he had that really bad injury and went back to Rangers for treatment but I never heard anything official he was away. 

There's never been anything official from either our side or from Rangers.

Rangers publish 'loan review' articles on their website updating on all their players that are out on loan. They still list him as being out on loan, injured and due back over the next couple of months. 

Delighted and slightly surprised that Strapp has extended his stay. When Waters cams back into the squad over the last few weeks I assumed Strapp would just move on as he clearly sees his future as somewhere higher in the food chain than the Championship. Maybe shows the commitment behind the scenes to really make a push at the play offs over the coming months. 

Not gonna lie, been watching with interest as other clubs signed left backs recently - Ross County yesterday, Dundee today - closing some of the potential avenues for Strapp.

Delighted he's sticking around.

Expected strappy to leave for a bigger club but I'm absolutely delighted he's staying. 

There's a storm on the horizon

And for that I can't see the sun

For I'll keep a waiting on the pavement

For the ice cream van to come

I didn't think there was much difference between strapp and waters by the time strapp got injured and was happy enough with waters as a replacement. 

Strapp seems to have got fitter during his injury period and his confidence is high and he's been brilliant since he came back. You notice how much we miss his long throw when he's not there as well as defences just never get a seconds peace against us as they are constantly defending their box. 

It's been a great January so far for the club. 

• Upvote 2

Good people will do good things, bad people will do bad things, but only with religion do good people do bad things!

32.gif

Waters is a more than adequate left back but Strapp is a level above and he seems to have a presence about him that rubs off on his team mates.  Delighted he's staying.

"CORNBEEF IS A BELLEND"