Inverness vs Morton - Page 9 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Inverness vs Morton

BishopBrennan

Bring back Ramsbottom.

^^^ idiot found

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

McAlister is playing well out of position and is still the fittest in the team, he's not finished. We're going to need another centre half in, unless the new boy from Celtic is any good there. We'd then need a new right back as McAlister and Jacobs are no use out of position. Bit of a strange one letting Tumilty go.

We've got too many options in midfield and up front (I can't imagine Muirhead has been happy with his game time so far, and Orsi seems a bit pointless), and bugger all at the back. Strapp starts by default with no one as back up, the centre half position is roached, and the right back position has McInally-Morton written all over it. Who needs a full back when you have Dean Keenan and Alex Walker?

From what I've seen of Rogers, I'd rather have Ramsbottom in goal (who is nowhere near as bad as he's being made out to be).

Salkeld in at rb, move Welsh into centre half - his actual position - get McLean in the stand. Can’t be any worse than that pish last night.

Salkeld's moment in the right back area last night ended with him wrong side of his man and getting booked. Hopkin described him as being able to play wing back when he joined - I'm not sure the evidence is there that he is a solution to our right full back problem. We've tried too many square pegs in round hole solutions to problems already this season. The only solution I can see here is signing a decent right full back.

The centre half area is a nightmare. Maybe we could make McLean watch his performance last night and that will inspire him to retire from playing. That being said, our defensive recruitment has been so poor we would probably just sign another dud.

Aye, I was deadly serious.

Let us all know when you’re actually trying to be serious as opposed to all the blue sky vision, helicopter thinking nonsense that has served you so well thus far.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

I'm going to become an expert on things I've not seen.

Like Henk Van Schaik's pedigree or the quality of the tax-free Brunei club? This line of attack only works if you actually follow your own advice, instead of being a hypocrite.

Stay mad.

EOho8Pw.png

We won’t be playing ICT every week. Big strong team with a bit of ability. I reckon the league will be more stretched out this season, and we have enough to see off quite a few teams. Hopefully starting with QoS in a fortnight - if Alloa can do it, we should manage. That said, we need to get this defence sorted out. Mclean is horrendous. Get the defence working and we will do ok. Don’t and we will be bottom half.

One bright spot - Colville looks a player. Got great feet. Get him fit and up to speed, and we may have found a good one. Also get Lyon in ASAP.

"Any nation given the opportunity to regain its national sovereignty and which then rejects it is so far beneath contempt that it is hard to put words to it."

No worse than Strap. Seems to get let off easily as he is a young boy.....

Strapp is considerably better than Welsh.

Peter Weatherson is the greatest player since Ritchie, and should be assigned 'chairman for life' 

onsP5NR.jpg

We won’t be playing ICT every week. 

And our next game is......

McGhee needs some support, there's no-one backing him up.
Hayes playing it forward, Bell being forced to do it all alone, now forward from Marr, here's Ritchie, still Andy Ritchie, look at the control...

That is a marvellous goal from Andy Ritchie. Twenty minutes on the clock and Morton's supporters come alive. A goal which epitomises the control, the arrogance, the cheek of Andy Ritchie.

Strapp is considerably better than Welsh.

They both struggled as badly as each other last night, so that judgment is based solely on previous games that Welsh hasn’t had in the jersey.

I thought that Welsh was the best of our back line in the first half. Getting stood up for a cross by Aaron Doran towards the end of it is both i) standard at this level and ii) not actually decisive - if Rogers doesn’t make a cunt of claiming the ball then the goal still doesn’t happen. The second half is a total shambles but the last person I’d be blaming for it is someone who literally walked into the club for the first time 24 hours earlier. I’m not criticising Strapp too much either as you should expect that sort of chasing now and again when you play a young defender.

The blatantly fucking obvious issue is at centre back and the total lack of tactical organisation from there. Without resolving that issue we could play a 2004 Gianlucca Zambrotta at right back and it wouldn’t make much of a difference right now.

Archived