Morton vs Partick - Page 6 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Morton vs Partick

BishopBrennan

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I say it every week but Cameron Blues is fucking hopeless. If he starts next week it’ll be quite clear there’s some contract agreement that he must start every game as he literally does fuck all. Millar as well was brutal for the most part tonight. Fingers crossed Lyon is alright. New CM looked not bad but need to see more

Cadden but. What a boy.

Cadden and Strapp had excellent 2nd halves. Hopkin hairdryer working a treat.

Peter Weatherson is the greatest player since Ritchie, and should be assigned 'chairman for life' 

onsP5NR.jpg

Best signing since Forbes, easily.

Hopefully we can get him and Nesbitt signed up longer term. Both seem to be enjoying themselves and didn't had the best of seasons before this so it could work in their longer term interests too if they keep this up.

Really poor first half especially with thistle being pretty shite too. As Caldwell said, we gifted them two goals, they created nothing else of note the whole game and Rogers had a very quiet game.

What a turn around though. Credit to every single player for refusing to accept they were beat. That strapp thrown in is so useful, can see us scoring more goals from it. Thought he had a really good game too. Nesbitt and Cadden again impressed.

Felt for McHugh as we just kept firing long balls up to him first half, thought he done well considering and a great flick on for Suttons goal.

Get Caddis and a quality CB in and it will make a huge difference.

Bit disappointed with our crowd, prob around 1500. I know it's on TV and a friday night but hopefully the wins, goals and drama will entise a few more back.

Was thinking on the way home how good our record is for TV league games, especially at home. Can't think of last time we lost a home TV league game, I remember Raith beating us a good few years back but struggling to think of many others, Rangers maybe.

Just of their fans forum it is in total meltdown very pleasing to read.

I can honestly say that conceding those three goals has made them more angry than any time since the 9/11 debacle.

EOho8Pw.png

If only we’d ‘kept the baw on the deck’ like many Morton fans were shrieking for while 0-2 down then we’d have got a Jonatan Johansson inspired, insipid 0-3 fail instead with 55% possession stats. That turnaround is testament to the glorious efficiency of Ironsball - right down to the long throw in that once again resulted in a goal just like when Wake dicked them at Firhill a decade ago.

Anyone who wants to see a team play according to some gubbins ‘philosophy of football’ should book tickets to watch Man City instead. At this level of Scottish football effective, direct football will drub all those wannabe Guardiolas nine times out of ten, which last time I checked was meant to be our purpose as a football club at this level.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

If only we’d ‘kept the baw on the deck’ like many Morton fans were shrieking for while 0-2 down and we’d have got a Jonatan Johansson inspired, insipid 0-3 fail instead with 55% possession stats. That turnaround is testament to the glorious efficiency of Ironsball - right down to the long throw in that once again resulted in a goal just like when Wake dicked them at Firhill a decade ago.

Anyone who wants to see a team play according to some gubbins ‘philosophy of football’ should book tickets to watch Man City instead. At this level of Scottish football effective, direct football will drub all those wannabe Guardiolas nine times out of ten, which last time I checked was meant to be our purpose as a football club at this level.

I absolutely loved seeing Thistle try to play goal kicks to defenders inside the penalty the box like every team in Britain besides man city and Liverpool have tried and failed to do successfully so far this season.

I've seen Arsenal try and fail miserably at it on two occasions this season yet Gary Caldwell thought Scott Fox, Steven Saunders and Sean McGinty in the Scottish championship had the ability to do it.

Good people will do good things, bad people will do bad things, but only with religion do good people do bad things!

32.gif

Thought the game changed when Grant went off. 

giphy.gif

Aye that was definitely the turning point of the game right there m8; not when Blues slithered off for Sutton instead.

It's genuinely disturbing that your brand of blue-sky vision and helicopter-thinking was ever let within a hundred yards of the decision-making apparatus at Cappielow tbh. Thank fuck Iron Man is gone. 

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

giphy.gif

Aye that was definitely the turning point of the game right there m8; not when Blues slithered off for Sutton instead.

It's genuinely disturbing that your brand of blue-sky vision and helicopter-thinking was ever let within a hundred yards of the decision-making apparatus at Cappielow tbh. Thank fuck Iron Man is gone.

Aye I was right in amongst the decision making for the first team. Great point.

Firstly, I wasn't. Secondly, even if I was with your example, there's a difference between off the park and on the park. And thirdly, his poor positioning left big gaps at the back they were exposing (mainly with Miller's movement) and the whole team looked shaky - when he went off we were a lot more solid and the team had more structure. Blues going off had an impact too but for me, Grant not being very good at sticking to his position and leaving space was a bigger factor.

For a guy that struggles to even kick a ball when playing, it's amazing that you're such an expert on the game.

Archived