Morton v The Queenies - Page 4 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Morton v The Queenies

Hej

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Grant and the keeper had a shocker. We were decent other than that. Cadden and Nesbitt will cause most teams problems this season. Their corners are pretty good as well. Jacobs is a good shield in front of the defence, if we can get that sorted and get a new goalie in and I'd be confident of our chances this season. 

We just cant have a keeper as bad as that playing if we want to do anything this year. We shouldn't have to score 3 because he will probably throw in 2. Apart from Ramsbottom we looked okay, quite optimistic about the season ahead.

I want a pretentious signature too.

Grant and the keeper had a shocker. We were decent other than that. Cadden and Nesbitt will cause most teams problems this season. Their corners are pretty good as well. Jacobs is a good shield in front of the defence, if we can get that sorted and get a new goalie in and I'd be confident of our chances this season.

I thought Grant was OK although there were some mistakes. The few times he put us under pressure seemed to me like he was hesitant about going back to the keeper though.

When we went to 442 there was some really good stuff played and a midfield of Cadden, Lyon, Jacobs and Nesbitt is a pretty good unit. Thought big Sutton done a good job too.

Need a new keeper though if we're going to do anything this year.

I thought Grant was OK although there were some mistakes. The few times he put us under pressure seemed to me like he was hesitant about going back to the keeper though.

When we went to 442 there was some really good stuff played and a midfield of Cadden, Lyon, Jacobs and Nesbitt is a pretty good unit. Thought big Sutton done a good job too.

Need a new keeper though if we're going to do anything this year.

Wasn't at the game but if what you are saying about Grant being hesitant about passing it back I think that maybe tells it's own story about the goalkeeper to be honest.

His kicking from pass backs is fine.

Sam's issues are that hes hesitant to come off his line which makes him look really slow.

And his confidence to catch a ball, right now he seems happy to parry everything away, he started to get sarcastic cheers towards the end of the 2nd half when he did catch a few balls. I'm hoping that's something that can be sorted fairly soon otherwise we need to hope Pearson is a decent replacement.

Im making perfect sense, your just not keeping up.

My Twitter - 
https://twitter.com/RJChesh

Sam's issues are that hes hesitant to come off his line which makes him look really slow.

And his confidence to catch a ball, right now he seems happy to parry everything away, he started to get sarcastic cheers towards the end of the 2nd half when he did catch a few balls. I'm hoping that's something that can be sorted fairly soon otherwise we need to hope Pearson is a decent replacement.

Really some achievement to have become such a joke figure so quickly. The sarcastic cheers maybe a bit harsh on a young player but the goalkeeper position is too important for patience.

Really some achievement to have become such a joke figure so quickly. The sarcastic cheers maybe a bit harsh on a young player but the goalkeeper position is too important for patience.

100% hes either needs to get his game together and instil confidence back in both the fans and the backline

Or we need to hope Pearson is a much better option and sam can work with the goal keeper coach and the reserve squad to improve his game.

Edit - I will give him credit for his 2 excellent penalty saves in the shootout.

My Twitter - 

Slow start but once we changed it, we started to control things before the keeper threw it away for us.

Cadden and Nesbitt really impressed me. Good skill, movement, pace and will cause a lot of problems this season. Dangerous corners too...

Fullbacks were fine and thought Jacobs did well in the holding role.

Special mention to big Henk for that tackle and reaction!

Not sure Mchugh worked alongside Sutton though, 433 probably better.

A lot to be optimistic about but boy do we need a new keeper!

We controlled nothing in that game - as soon as we changed things after Strapp’s injury a goal was coming. We need to find a comfortable middle gear between full on pressing and attacking the opposition and a shapeless mess when no longer committing to the former. We found the legs again at 3-3 to push for a winner so the ability was there, it needs to be sensibly managed throughout the game.

No idea why Millar isn’t getting a game ahead of that ringer btw.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

What ringer are you talking about?

Millar would have replaced Jacobs, Lyon from the starting line up, would he not?

Millar's dad was in the pub before the game and knew he was on the bench - all I caught was "he's just back from..." - I'm guessing either injury or Magaluf.

McGhee needs some support, there's no-one backing him up.
Hayes playing it forward, Bell being forced to do it all alone, now forward from Marr, here's Ritchie, still Andy Ritchie, look at the control...

That is a marvellous goal from Andy Ritchie. Twenty minutes on the clock and Morton's supporters come alive. A goal which epitomises the control, the arrogance, the cheek of Andy Ritchie.

Fair enough.

Blues did have a look of the Dylan Dykes about him.

Not convinced by von sheik. I get that he came on as we changed formation but he was caught under the ball a couple of times and generally didn't fill with confidence. Had a whiff of the Ryan Hardings about him.

He made a great tackle on the halfway line and then got up and roared to the crowd.

I actually quite like that passion. He really should have scored, and few of passes were wayward but he is probably rusty and will need a few weeks to settle in.

My Twitter - 

I thought it was a cheap way of getting the crowd behind him but each to their own.

Hope he proves me wrong but not convinced.

If he does become a regular, would it be fair to say that neither Millar nor Mcallister would make our starting 11?

He could also have the top number of assists!

He made a great tackle on the halfway line and then got up and roared to the crowd.

I actually quite like that passion. He really should have scored, and few of passes were wayward but he is probably rusty and will need a few weeks to settle in.

That was a load of birthday caird pish, And this ‘rustiness’ theory doesn’t jive with the near universal verdict of ‘pretty crap’ that comes from his previous clubs either.

Perform like Sir Gavin Gunning first, then try to rally fans to your standard.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

Archived