Morton v The Queenies - Page 6 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Morton v The Queenies

Hej

In all seriousness Morton; all the open days and birthday parties in the world won't count for a thing if you're not producing highlights. There is demand there and you can easily find sponsors for them. Get your fingers out your arses and get it sorted ASAP.

You address me by my proper title, you little bollocks! 

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That 3rd QOTS goal...yikes.

First one didn't look too clever either. Both sides need to look quickly for something more reliable or face a real battle near the bottom.

The deflection is no excuse for Ramsbottom at the second goal. That's not a difficult stop to make. He was good at the penalties though, the second save was excellent. That doesn't in any way make up for his performance though, which was a long way below the level required. 

I can't believe some people thought that Kilday's foul on Strapp wasn't a penalty. As easy a decision as your going to get. Kilday is so slow. 

Neither keeper looked good in that game.

i'm still not certain on the deflected goal, he has start to move to his right when the ball is struck, his attempted flap has made it look worse than if he just stood there. 

McCrorie also drooped his fair share of balls and fair play to the queens highlights for showing it.  

The multiple angles is also a very nice touch, makes it worse that we can't even put out just the goals never mind a 15 minute package. 

Im making perfect sense, your just not keeping up.

My Twitter - 
https://twitter.com/RJChesh

McRorie looks as if he's started losing his hair.  Which is a bit how I feel after watching Ramsbottom actually.  Although to be fair, two good penalty saves.  Seems to be a shotstopper rather than a fully fledged goalkeeper at this stage in his career.  He's going to have to learn quickly unless we have plans to get in a more experienced keeper.

Ramsbottom is a big tall guy and should be claiming everything that comes near him.

"Any nation given the opportunity to regain its national sovereignty and which then rejects it is so far beneath contempt that it is hard to put words to it."

Neither keeper looked good in that game.

i'm still not certain on the deflected goal, he has start to move to his right when the ball is struck, his attempted flap has made it look worse than if he just stood there. 

McCrorie also drooped his fair share of balls and fair play to the queens highlights for showing it.  

The multiple angles is also a very nice touch, makes it worse that we can't even put out just the goals never mind a 15 minute package. 

For me it just emphasises how poor his footwork is. A decent 'keeper at this level would have been able to shift his weight back much quicker (stopping himself himself before taking the additional step to his right - he steps away from the ball after the deflection). If he manages to stop, the ball is coming straight for him and he doesn't need to flap at it. His footwork is just far too laboured there. 

When you watch those videos of suspected fixed matches, that's what most of the goals in this game look like. Not because it's fixed, but because defensively that was atrocious.

As with ST I think that deflected goal was savable. It's not like it wickedly spun off to the other side of the goal. Had he been standing perfectly still he could have stopped it one-handed.

And the third goal would make an excellent "here's what not to do" light-hearted segment for a video aimed at ten-year-old aspiring footballers.

Credit where it's due for the shootout but it's clear as day - this guy's a dud.

Also that was as clear a penalty as you'll see.

EOho8Pw.png

I thought the foul on Cadden looked a penalty as well, and also there was a shot that hit a defender's arm in the area but not given - sort of thing that VAR would pick up although I think the rules about handball now are pretty stupid.

"Any nation given the opportunity to regain its national sovereignty and which then rejects it is so far beneath contempt that it is hard to put words to it."

For me it just emphasises how poor his footwork is. A decent 'keeper at this level would have been able to shift his weight back much quicker (stopping himself himself before taking the additional step to his right - he steps away from the ball after the deflection). If he manages to stop, the ball is coming straight for him and he doesn't need to flap at it. His footwork is just far too laboured there. 

He doe's seem awfully slow to do anything, as everyone else has said its clear he isn't ready for this level yet, unfortunately we will need to work with what we have got as i don't see us spending another wage on a third goalkeeper with two Senior keepers already on the books.

You can only hope he progresses quickly with proper coaching and full time training, otherwise the hopes fall onto the injured Pearson.

Im making perfect sense, your just not keeping up.

My Twitter - 
https://twitter.com/RJChesh

The deflection is no excuse for Ramsbottom at the second goal. That's not a difficult stop to make. He was good at the penalties though, the second save was excellent. That doesn't in any way make up for his performance though, which was a long way below the level required. 

I can't believe some people thought that Kilday's foul on Strapp wasn't a penalty. As easy a decision as your going to get. Kilday is so slow.

As mince he was for the 1st & 3rd, I think that's extremely harsh on him for the 2nd, not a lot he could have done about that.  The replay shows he was already going the other way & tried to get a hand on it, cant blame the keeper for that IMO

"He's not the messiah........He's a very naughty boy!.............Now P*ss Off!"

As mince he was for the 1st & 3rd, I think that's extremely harsh on him for the 2nd, not a lot he could have done about that.  The replay shows he was already going the other way & tried to get a hand on it, cant blame the keeper for that IMO

I can't agree. The more I watch it, the worse his footwork seems to get. 

Yeah i agree with that. 

He was at fault for the first, but so were others for not getting out quick enough to prevent the cross and more concerning, giving the boy a free header 6 yards out. Poor goal all round.

Archived