Fans Q&A - Page 13 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Fans Q&A

• Replies 327
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Your turn iron man:

"John Ward has stood down as Livingston chief executive and will no longer be a director of the club, saying: "It's time to get some new investment and talent in." (Daily Record, print edition)"

Dide a wee search of John Ward.

His linkdin profile has him having roles in other companies, which ties in with his quote of simply not having the time to devote to what is a full time position.

He was previously involved with the club through shirt sponsorship and does appear to have a vast amount of business experience.

Livingston stadium will allow for considerable investment I would imagine although success on the park will have led to more investment naturally.

Comparing to Hawkes experience......

In terms of how the club is currently run, I'm staggered by how amateur it still seems from the outside. From a media and communications perspective we are in the dark ages and have been for years now.

Jonathon Mitchell does/did a great job in closing that gap so why hasn't a temporary replacement been filling in while he's off ill?

Where's the matchday content?  Where's the pre-match build-up info? Training ground footage? Something to show that the team / players care and something to deflect from the league position and try and keep interest high?

Ok, now tell us where the club will get the money for a temporary replacement for Jonathon. Keeping in mind the club is losing money hand over fist.

The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.

Almost to the last man, when Crawford came out with the three-year plan, there was support and enthusiasm, and people like me who were previously skeptical aye humble pie and bought into the vision. A few months down the line and it's on the scrapheap. Even if 'terminal decline' is an exaggeration, explain to me why anyone should be blamed for apathy right now.

Also, you don't get to call anyone else a moaning face bastard. Anytime someone crticizies the BoD you're greeting at them. It's Stockholm syndrome at this point.

I don't think when Crawford came up with his three year plan that he in mind that the shareholding in Golden Casket would change dramatically and that the other shareholders would want to turn off the financial tap to Morton.

Supporter apathy is the one thing that will kill this club, not the Raes.

The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.

I don't think when Crawford came up with his three year plan that he in mind that the shareholding in Golden Casket would change dramatically and that the other shareholders would want to turn off the financial tap to Morton.

Right, and as I've said elsewhere I do sympathize with him to some extent, but at the same time he i) has been talking about sustainability for years and ii) ultimately has more of an inkling with how GC is going than anyone else does, so it's really his responsibility to plan for these outcomes. It's not ideal for him to have the rug pulled out from under him, sure - but it's not ideal for the supporters either, and they have even less control over it than he does.

EOho8Pw.png

I’d heard a story , and it’s nothing more substantive than that, that the club had been left solely to Mrs Rae snr.

It could be someone interpreting that from Companies House as she has been added as a person with significant control. Unless I’m mistaken though the owner of Morton was Golden Casket rather than Douglas Rae so Morton wouldn’t necessarily have changed hands as such with his death (it’s just that the internal dynamics at GC will have changed).

Hawke needs his bags packed

The ‘Admin Error’ should have been him ushered out.

Do we actually need a chief exec or would a competent admin assistant be suffice?

Ok, now tell us where the club will get the money for a temporary replacement for Jonathon. Keeping in mind the club is losing money hand over fist.

No one is suggesting they do that. It's a ridiculous point. What would be absolutely reasonable would be for e.g. Hawke himself to get the password for the Twitter account and do the bare minimum. There was literally nothing about the QoS game until 2 o'clock on matchday when they posted the team lines.

You're at it, but f**k it I'll bite. 

Supporter apathy is a symptom, not the disease. Supporters under the age of 30 have had a f**king miserable time following Morton. I've followed the club for the last 15 years or so. I'm not old enough to have watched Morton in the Premier League or achieve anything of note. I was 23 years old before I watched us beat St Mirren for the first time FFS. A betting scandal, with a snake at the helm desperate to rupture the rapport between the club, the players and the fans in a desperate attempt to deflect away from his own failures. A chairman that was too lackadaisical to see the damage his wee pet Jim was doing to the club on and off the pitch. A ten goal pumping and being relegated while sharing a league with three part time teams. 

After all the s***e, underachieving and outright humiliation following Morton over the last 15 years, are you seriously telling me that I, and other supporters my age and older, owe the club something more? No chance. 

You address me by my proper title, you little bollocks! 

You're at it, but f**k it I'll bite.

Supporter apathy is a symptom, not the disease. Supporters under the age of 30 have had a f**king miserable time following Morton. I've followed the club for the last 15 years or so. I'm not old enough to have watched Morton in the Premier League or achieve anything of note. I was 23 years old before I watched us beat St Mirren for the first time FFS. A betting scandal, with a snake at the helm desperate to rupture the rapport between the club, the players and the fans in a desperate attempt to deflect away from his own failures. A chairman that was too lackadaisical to see the damage his wee pet Jim was doing to the club on and off the pitch. A ten goal pumping and being relegated while sharing a league with three part time teams.

After all the s***e, underachieving and outright humiliation following Morton over the last 15 years, are you seriously telling me that I, and other supporters my age and older, owe the club something more? No chance.

I think he's at the wind up but gross mismanagement of the club on all levels for decades is what has put the club in this position. Disgraceful post if 9SC is actually being serious.

"CORNBEEF IS A BELLEND"

I think he's at the wind up but gross mismanagement of the club on all levels for decades is what has put the club in this position. Disgraceful post if 9SC is actually being serious.

Unsurprisingly he’s still not prepared to reveal his identity, too.

Hawke’s position is untenable, really. It was him who talked up the youth system as the future of the club and the path to sustainability, as Chief Executive he has ultimate responsibility for administrative errors which have resulted in getting £0 for three players who progressed through the youth setup to the first team, who we’d have been entitled to a fee for if the club had done their job properly.

How can we have any faith in the same personnel getting that revenue which is supposedly the future of the club when youngsters move on in the future, knowing they’ve already made a complete mess of it not one but three times?

Brian Wake my Lord, Brian Wake

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

I'd still like to know if he's speaking as someone connected to the club. Would be giving us a real insight if he is.

Well, when the club asked him to chair 2 x Q&A sessions, it seems pretty obvious to me that his thinking is very much aligned with those at the helm. 

TIME FOR CHANGE!

17 days on from Crawford & Warren telling us we won’t be relegated and that we’ve actually played ‘sublime’ football this season, we are now only 1 point from 9th & 2 points from 10th with no wins in six and only 1 in 12.

How can the fans not be excited by the prospect of going into next season with Dylan Dykes and more players like him, throwing six or seven untested youth players into the first team at once and continuing with the worst manager in the club’s history regardless of what division we’re in?

Truly, we are all disgustingly fickle for not lapping this up.

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

Archived