Fans Q&A - Page 12 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Fans Q&A

Call yourselves fans, When the club needs you most you come on here moaning and groaning about terminal decline.

The Rae's wont kill this club, you shower of greetin face bastards and apathy will kill this club. You lot are desperate for the club to fail so that you can say "I told you so"

Look at the Midden supporters, bottom of the league yet they turn up in their thousands to support the team.

You moaning face bastards are a disgrace to the club your pretend to support.

People like you are part of the problem.

• Replies 327
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Call yourselves fans,  When the club needs you most you come on here moaning and groaning about terminal decline.

The Rae's wont kill this club, you shower of greetin face bastards and apathy will kill this club. You lot are desperate for the club to fail so that you can say "I told you so"

Look at the Midden supporters, bottom of the league yet they turn up in their thousands to support the team.

You moaning face bastards are a disgrace to the club your pretend to support.

Almost to the last man, when Crawford came out with the three-year plan, there was support and enthusiasm, and people like me who were previously skeptical aye humble pie and bought into the vision. A few months down the line and it's on the scrapheap. Even if 'terminal decline' is an exaggeration, explain to me why anyone should be blamed for apathy right now.

Also, you don't get to call anyone else a moaning face bastard. Anytime someone crticizies the BoD you're greeting at them. It's Stockholm syndrome at this point.

EOho8Pw.png

To be fair, I think Chris scored more goals than the stand. Even if he was slightly less mobile.

Putting the stand up would have been a bad investment, I think. If spending that kind of money on the stadium it has to be in ways that incorporate revenue generation. We’d be in no better position now with a roof over the WDE. At the time it was purchased I guess there was logic in planning against the then top flight stadium criteria but once that was relaxed it was always best to write it off.

Almost to the last man, when Crawford came out with the three-year plan, there was support and enthusiasm, and people like me who were previously skeptical aye humble pie and bought into the vision. A few months down the line and it's on the scrapheap. Even if 'terminal decline' is an exaggeration, explain to me why anyone should be blamed for apathy right now.

Also, you don't get to call anyone else a moaning face bastard. Anytime someone crticizies the BoD you're greeting at them. It's Stockholm syndrome at this point.

By my count, in thirty years of supporting Morton we’ve had three objectively good seasons (95-96, 04-05, 12-13 (or was it 13-14?)). Some others have been passable (winning the Second Div a few times, maybe the season under Irons - a weird one to judge that). Even of those good seasons in two we ultimately failed to win promotion and in one we were at a huge advantage, but it was important following Scott/administration. It’s pretty grim.

If we hadn’t collapsed 2016/17 would’ve been up there.

Yeah, agreed. I’d still have it at the upper end of the passable seasons. Enjoyed that season for the most part, as well as (but to a lesser extent) the season before - though I think we should have finished at least third when we finished fourth and at least fourth when we finished fifth.

Putting the stand up would have been a bad investment, I think. If spending that kind of money on the stadium it has to be in ways that incorporate revenue generation. We’d be in no better position now with a roof over the WDE. At the time it was purchased I guess there was logic in planning against the then top flight stadium criteria but once that was relaxed it was always best to write it off.

But to that end, the turnstiles we have bought don’t bring in extra revenue. I know the reasoning was to remove the cash handling element, but I wonder what financial difference this has actually made.

My own opinion but of course but improving the stadium can only be a good thing, it would be long term and show ambition to be a better club. It’s our second largest stand after the cowshed and isn’t being used.

Rather than talking about outright ownership and running the thing - an unworkable idea all round - there's no reason why a fans' umbrella group couldn't pool resources to invest in the club in return for a stake of the shareholding. Investment is what the club is looking for but it doesn't always have to come from a private source.

GMST however has been conspicuous by its inaction while Douglas Rae was racking up the £2 million worth of IOUs and diluted its former stake in the club to practically nothing. Rightly or not, it has earned a reputation as a group that couldn't be trusted to run a piss-up in a brewery, so a new organisation would be needed IMO to regain the support of a broad section of the fanbase. 

Something along these lines?

https://www.foundationofhearts.org/1116

https://www.foundationofhearts.org/news/redevelopment-contributions-statement/

I would pledge to a organisation of this type if I felt it was governed properly, and there wasn't going to be a three year forum based argument about a bucket of money going missing that one time...

In terms of how the club is currently run, I'm staggered by how amateur it still seems from the outside. From a media and communications perspective we are in the dark ages and have been for years now.

Jonathon Mitchell does/did a great job in closing that gap so why hasn't a temporary replacement been filling in while he's off ill?

Where's the matchday content?  Where's the pre-match build-up info? Training ground footage? Something to show that the team / players care and something to deflect from the league position and try and keep interest high?

What Carew can do with a ball, I can do with an orange

By my count, in thirty years of supporting Morton we’ve had three objectively good seasons (95-96, 04-05, 12-13 (or was it 13-14?)). Some others have been passable (winning the Second Div a few times, maybe the season under Irons - a weird one to judge that). Even of those good seasons in two we ultimately failed to win promotion and in one we were at a huge advantage, but it was important following Scott/administration. It’s pretty grim.

04-05??? 

Tele now reporting the admin error RE. Quitongo and Tiff.

Why are these **** at our club continuously allowed to make these mistakes?

The people running our club appear to be out their depth at every level. Embarrassing stuff yet we have people like 9SC calling us all moaning faced bastards. We're a shambles from top to bottom.

"CORNBEEF IS A BELLEND"

I missed the Q & A as I was in Poland. However it just appears to have been another "spin" exercise.

How many times did Hawke mention "Sustainability or Sustain" just for interest?

Great player for us but I just cannot listen to him for any length of time.

JB.

Power To The Powerless,

Strength Unto The Weak!

Your turn iron man:

"John Ward has stood down as Livingston chief executive and will no longer be a director of the club, saying: "It's time to get some new investment and talent in." (Daily Record, print edition)"

Archived