Fans Q&A - Page 11 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Fans Q&A

Call yourselves fans,  When the club needs you most you come on here moaning and groaning about terminal decline.

The Rae's wont kill this club, you shower of greetin face bastards and apathy will kill this club. You lot are desperate for the club to fail so that you can say "I told you so"

Look at the Midden supporters, bottom of the league yet they turn up in their thousands to support the team.

You moaning face bastards are a disgrace to the club your pretend to support.

haha gillians on her bad week agen lol

• Replies 327
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Call yourselves fans,  When the club needs you most you come on here moaning and groaning about terminal decline.

The Rae's wont kill this club, you shower of greetin face bastards and apathy will kill this club. You lot are desperate for the club to fail so that you can say "I told you so"

Look at the Midden supporters, bottom of the league yet they turn up in their thousands to support the team.

I kind of agree to an extent. I'm not on board with the tone of what your saying, but I don't see how fans staying away will help anything. If they're fed up and don't want to go through it, fair enough, that's their choice.

Morton's average position in the Scottish football leagues over the past 30 years is 20th. We're currently in 18th. I think there's a good chance that we'll finish this season in 20th. Our average attendances are around the same figures as 30 years ago. We're not in terminal decline - we're just stuck around the same position. 

The last 30 years is a lower point in the club's overall history (although we're certainly not in an unfamiliar position in terms of our longer history). As a club there has always been the potential to be better than we have been over that time, but failing to live up to that potential is nothing new. 

Cunt.

"CORNBEEF IS A BELLEND"

Call yourselves fans, When the club needs you most you come on here moaning and groaning about terminal decline.

^^ exactly why they got you to chair the Q&A last week..

TIME FOR CHANGE!

I kind of agree to an extent. I'm not on board with the tone of what your saying, but I don't see how fans staying away will help anything. If they're fed up and don't want to go through it, fair enough, that's their choice.

Morton's average position in the Scottish football leagues over the past 30 years is 20th. We're currently in 18th. I think there's a good chance that we'll finish this season in 20th. Our average attendances are around the same figures as 30 years ago. We're not in terminal decline - we're just stuck around the same position.

The last 30 years is a lower point in the club's overall history (although we're certainly not in an unfamiliar position in terms of our longer history). As a club there has always been the potential to be better than we have been over that time, but failing to live up to that potential is nothing new.

The problem, I think, is that it no longer feels like that potential exists. Even in the midst of the McInally malaise, there was always at least a sense of "well, at least it will get better eventually", but even that sense of distant hope has all but evaporated. It's hard to see how you return from that.

That's the Rae family's legacy to the club, to drain all enthusiasm and optimism from the fanbase.

AWMSC

St Mirren fans turned up for a reason. They could see a club, board and management team desperate for success and tangible evidence to support this. We have none of the above so fuck off and give us peace.

"CORNBEEF IS A BELLEND"

The Raes decision making has led us to where we are today, although I’m always grateful for what Dougie did.

The last 15 years or so hasn’t been good to us, we’ve had very little to brag about. For the size of the Morton support back in the third division we had massive potential and should have been in the first Division in two seasons. We spent a hundred grand on big Templeman, or there abouts, instead of say putting it towards the love street stand or investing in youth back then. Cappielow has lost its charm a bit too for me, there was hardly any singing yesterday other than TTG JJ. Can’t help but think moving away and new ownership would give everyone a fresh start and we can rebuild as a club

I don’t want us to ever leave Cappielow. If a new stadium came with guaranteed sources of extra income then I’d maybe be swayed, but to be honest I’d just see it as us taking a step towards being another Airdrie. The idea of watching Morton in a mostly empty, hollow lego effort (in this division anyway) is enough to put me off going entirely.

I was thinking that on Saturday when the place started to empty in the second half. It's a massive empty waste of space. We don't need the Dublin and Sinclair st. ends at all. Plenty of championship clubs are making their stadiums, hospitality, office space and function rooms work for them during the week. That's the second area any new owner should be looking at after emptying the backroom staff.

I was thinking that on Saturday when the place started to empty in the second half. It's a massive empty waste of space. We don't need the Dublin and Sinclair st. ends at all. Plenty of championship clubs are making their stadiums, hospitality, office space and function rooms work for them during the week. That's the second area any new owner should be looking at after emptying the backroom staff.

I’d like to see home fans in the wde instead of Sinclair st. Best view of the park by a mile. Bit tricky to organise though with away fans using those turnstiles

Thanks for saving the club, Douglas, but the biggest irony is that you've almost run it into the grave.

The club will be there though and there's effectively no debt. Dougie was wreckless and Crawford in less than a year has addressed that and is trying to get someone with money to take over.

The truth lies somewhere in between here. The club has put its cards on the table and to an extent we’re just going to have to accept a transition with crap players and results to show for it. Anyone who didn’t see that coming once Douglas Rae’s tenure ended has been kidding themselves for years - and if we want the club to get through it in one piece then to some degree we just have to continue backing it. Unless we want to join Rangers in the list of fanbases who did do walking away and let their own club die.

But there’s only so much that fans can take. Declining quality and aspirations for a short time is one thing but there’s no reason why the football should be so eye-bleedingly fucking awful every week as well. When a part time pub team like fucking Alloa are able to score more goals and display greater ambition on the park every week than Morton then there is a serious problem in the dugout. The club cannot persist with those clowns and expect anything less than disaster. Though I think their position will be untenable soon enough, as what counts for atmosphere at the games is turning poisonous.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

That's it exactly. If we were scrappy and battling and could cause problems for any team in the division, that would count for a lot of goodwill. Even if all isn't well in the boardroom, people forgive a lot of the first team is capable. But right now that's not the case.

EOho8Pw.png

That's it exactly. If we were scrappy and battling and could cause problems for any team in the division, that would count for a lot of goodwill. Even if all isn't well in the boardroom, people forgive a lot of the first team is capable. But right now that's not the case.

I was saying that yesterday. I think we've actually got a decent squad but even if it wasn't then a manager should just make us hard to beat. JJ gives us absolutely nothing.

Relying on golden casket to pay wages this month too. Grim

I took this more as a comment on the lack of forward planning or proper cashflow management we've had. Dougie let the club burst whatever budget was set every season and covered the overrun with soft loans.

Archived