ICT vs Morton - Page 6 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

ICT vs Morton

TheGoon

Yes you can because they’re gubbins. They won’t even make the playoffs.

Ayr are far from gubbins (which is a crap word btw) and will comfortably make the play-offs unless they lose players in January.

"CORNBEEF IS A BELLEND"

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ayr don't have the squad or the resources to seriously challenge for the title. I'd fancy them for a Duffy-style collapse in February (still expect them to finish above us though).

Thats a good point for us to steady the ship. McKinnon's skin shedding has cost us 4 or 5 points over the last few weeks but we're nowhere near as bad as last week's result suggests. Hopefully the international break allows JJ to coach some of the uncertainty out of our play.

Ayr don't have the squad or the resources to seriously challenge for the title. I'd fancy them for a Duffy-style collapse in February (still expect them to finish above us though).

Thats a good point for us to steady the ship. McKinnon's skin shedding has cost us 4 or 5 points over the last few weeks but we're nowhere near as bad as last week's result suggests. Hopefully the international break allows JJ to coach some of the uncertainty out of our play.

It's impossible to say at this stage. Remember what was being said about Livi at the same point last year.

Ayr's season could well be defined by how much they manage to stay injury free and whether or not they can hold onto Shankland beyond the January window.

Given the turbulent events at Cappielow so far I think we aren't too badly placed and I hope after today we will kick on.

Ayr are far from gubbins (which is a crap word btw) and will comfortably make the play-offs unless they lose players in January.

Ayr are indeed gubbins - as shown by them getting drubbed 5-0 at Palmerston just last month - not to mention the utterly horses*** squad that they possess. Their current promotion bounce should fool absolutely no-one; they'll be assuming their rightful place near the bottom of the Championship table in due course.

Morton are far more likely to reach the promotion play-offs, just as we were before a ball was kicked in August.  

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

Correct, they’ve got decent depth in their squad, Moore, Shankland and Moffat would all walk into our squad at present.

Shankland is an ever-present starter so I've no idea why you cited him as an example of Ayr having 'decent squad depth' in their squad. The no-marks who will actually replace him and the rest of the starting XI are one of the many reasons why they'll sink down to their natural level. 

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

I love that, if they are gubbins, what exactly are we then, a major horsing at home to a tiny wee gubbins seaside league team, glad you don't do humble.......I do think they will be there or there abouts

It really says a lot about the Morton fanbase right now that despite the team earning an entirely creditable draw up in Teuchter country people are too busy wetting their knickers about diddy no-marks like Ayr United to give credit where it's due. Last Saturday was both i) an utter disgrace of and ii) a clearly freak result. It's also done now. It's therefore time that people got over it instead of making wild assumptions that we will be doomed to relegation or that Ayr will be anything other than their usual dogs*** smeared mess on the carpet of the Scottish Championship by May 2019. 

The Ayr game was clearly a freak result as I said last week as well. Ayr have been beaten 5-0, Dundee Utd have lost 5-1 to a Ross County team that we have already beat. 

It was bad but surely a one-off that will happen to most teams at this level once or twice.

Peter Weatherson is the greatest player since Ritchie, and should be assigned 'chairman for life' 

onsP5NR.jpg

Ayr are indeed gubbins - as shown by them getting drubbed 5-0 at Palmerston just last month - not to mention the utterly horses*** squad that they possess. Their current promotion bounce should fool absolutely no-one; they'll be assuming their rightful place near the bottom of the Championship table in due course.

Morton are far more likely to reach the promotion play-offs, just as we were before a ball was kicked in August.

Apart from the fact they're not.

Accept it. They know how to finish teams

TIME FOR CHANGE!

Are we fuck.

That hammering at QoS looks like a flash in the pan.

"CORNBEEF IS A BELLEND"

The Ayr game was clearly a freak result as I said last week as well. Ayr have been beaten 5-0, Dundee Utd have lost 5-1 to a Ross County team that we have already beat.

It was bad but surely a one-off that will happen to most teams at this level once or twice.

Ayr have humped us twice this season though.

Some of those saves from Scully are outstanding, but the defending is absolutely abysmal. 

As much as I defended him earlier in the season, McAlister is really beginning to irk me. Most games I've seen him in are bypassing him completely. 

You address me by my proper title, you little bollocks! 

World class save from Scully. He has pulled off some absolutely belters in his short time here. 

Looked like it could have been handball by Oliver for our goal, surprised the ref  gave it given his history of " hand ball" goals for us!

Great finish by Telfer.

Our defensive line at their goal is really poor. Waddell is beaten by a very simple ball, but Buchanan's man also had a decent head start if it had gone to him. We'll concede far too many goals defending like that.

I don't think Scully does enough to manage the defense in front of him and doesn't come off his line enough which forces us to defend the edge of the box.

Wasn't at the game and it sounds like he made some good saves but I think he's a shot stopper and that's about it. Would much rather Gaston back in as I think he's more vocal and works better as part of a unit.

I don't think Scully does enough to manage the defense in front of him and doesn't come off his line enough which forces us to defend the edge of the box.

Wasn't at the game and it sounds like he made some good saves but I think he's a shot stopper and that's about it. Would much rather Gaston back in as I think he's more vocal and works better as part of a unit.

You're an idiot.

<span style='font-size: 14px;'><em class='bbc'>"That LinwoodTon's a c*nt, eh?"</em></span>

Archived