Season Tickets - Page 4 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Season Tickets

Is there an appointment out there that every fan will be happy with I wonder??

Id say Hopkin but no doubt some would say nah feck that, the football will be s***e!

Don't think there is. McIntyre seems to get more positive reactions when suggested than most. Hopkin because of how he has done at Livi but not that exciting. Neilson but most don't think that is possible (St Mirren fans seem unanimous that they want him if (when) Jack Ross goes.

Think many are hoping for an exciting one out of nowhere but struggle to say who.

Anyone who doesn't want Hopkin because of the style of football can sit down, beautiful football is nowhere near the top of our requirement right now. Impact, performance, success. Attractive football would be a bonus but don't give a damn if we are winning.

• Replies 498
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't think there is. McIntyre seems to get more positive reactions when suggested than most. Joplin because of how he has done at Livi but not that exciting. Nelson but most don't think that is possible (St Mirren fans seem unanimous that they want him if (when) Jack Ross goes.

Think many are hoping for an exciting one out of nowhere but struggle to say who.

Anyone who doesn't want Hopkin because of the style of football can sit down, beautiful football is nowhere near the top of our requirement right now. Impact, performance, success. Attractive football would be a bonus but don't give a damn if we are winning.

Scott or Janis?...

^^^ word salad

The fact that an early bird offer at a significantly reduced price is standard practice in football and many other leisure events (e.g. music festivals) must have somehow escaped the mind of a great polymath like yourself.

Except that the point of an early bird deal isn't to attract either 'lapsed supporters' to commit to eighteen games a season nor to pander to berks like yourself who throw a tantrum every June when the club hasn't signed Xavi yet to anchor its midfield. Its purpose is to get regulars to commit to buying a season ticket and doing so up front - providing a guaranteed source of income for the club instead of relying on fluctuating gate receipts as the season goes on. It also encourages those who have bought them to attend as many games as possible instead of picking and choosing. As GMFC has never had more than a derisory number of ST holders - there really was no point in buying one until recently - providing a big financial incentive to change this long-established behaviour is sound business practice. 

So you've made a complete and utter horse's arse of yourself yet again. You must feel so proud. 

Can't be bothered picking holes in the above.  Just one part though... I was responding directly to someone that said the season ticket deal would attract back some lapsed supporters, I doubt that. So, the above is off for starters...

Was it July/early August last year that I said that, given our squad, Morton would finish 8th in the league? Think yourself and another few jumped in to ridicule the idea of Livi finishing ahead of us.. in the usual offensive manner.  Ok, we were 7th rather than 8th... but I was spot about Livi, and the excellent job Hoppy was doing there. Not expecting an apology...

As always, I'm usually pretty much spot on with comments/observations...

"When the seagulls follow the trawler, it's because they think sardines will be thrown into the sea."

£11 a game, effectively half price for those who pay £20 on the day.

£199 vs £360 if paying into all the home games without a fan card.

But you need to remember that "Dr. Z" is hugely wealthy and influential. In fact he could buy and sell every fucker reading this. He doesn't need a discounted season ticket, not him. He might just buy full price for the hell of it. Couldn't give a fat frig, mate!

EOho8Pw.png

Yep. Same here. Have to take the statement on face value which is quite encouraging. Crawford appears to deal with a number of fans concerns. The early bird price is excellent. Asking fans to support the club moving forward and a far few on here seem to be doing so.

I.am actually quite positive about us on the basis of what has been said.

Me too. Talk is cheap but been really impressed by what's happened in the last few weeks, there seems to be a real sense of purpose about the club now; for all that I suspect Rae Snr's involvement was limited over the last few years, the shift since Crawford's officially taken offer would suggest that he was still a presence and was holding the club back every bit as much as everyone thought. We'll see what happens, but the signs are good so far. 

AWMSC

Me too. Talk is cheap but been really impressed by what's happened in the last few weeks, there seems to be a real sense of purpose about the club now; for all that I suspect Rae Snr's involvement was limited over the last few years, the shift since Crawford's officially taken offer would suggest that he was still a presence and was holding the club back every bit as much as everyone thought. We'll see what happens, but the signs are good so far.

Will you be back then

TIME FOR CHANGE!

Can't be bothered picking holes in the above. 

Because you can't. The idea that you have anything better to do with your time on a Saturday afternoon is utter nonsense and fooling absolutely no-one. Not least given that your gormless sixth-tier egg-chasers have already packed it in for the summer. Next. 

Just one part though... I was responding directly to someone that said the season ticket deal would attract back some lapsed supporters, I doubt that. So, the above is off for starters...

Erm no you weren't - you made the quoted claims before someone else referred to lapsed supporters on this thread; that fact is clear for all to see on Page 2 of this thread. Your initial point involved harrumphing about the price of the club's early deal as being a harbinger of the quality of the squad; only after that - a point you've been comprehensively owned on - did you stagger onto the question of bringing back lapsed supporters. An early bird scheme has absolutely nothing to do with that, so sit down. Next.

Was it July/early August last year that I said that, given our squad, Morton would finish 8th in the league? Think yourself and another few jumped in to ridicule the idea of Livi finishing ahead of us.. in the usual offensive manner.  Ok, we were 7th rather than 8th... but I was spot about Livi, and the excellent job Hoppy was doing there. Not expecting an apology...

As always, I'm usually pretty much spot on with comments/observations...

So you were wrong about Morton's finishing position, wrong about the purpose of the club's early bird deal and wrong about what was even being discussed in this thread; all adding to your compendium of fail. The only crumb of comfort that you can take from another season of gormless failure is that you haven't been reduced to yet another tear-drenched resignation yet. It's only a matter of time though. 

Thanks for playing anyway then, chump. 

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

Who you wanting Gary??

Don't really know, to be honest. As it stands, the club have made the right noises about who and what they want so happy enough to see what comes up. There's not a stand-out candidate so I suspect (hope, to an extent) that the right choice won't be one of the standard names being touted about.

AWMSC

Don't really know, to be honest. As it stands, the club have made the right noises about who and what they want so happy enough to see what comes up. There's not a stand-out candidate so I suspect (hope, to an extent) that the right choice won't be one of the standard names being touted about.

Oooooooh you are sooooo....

Went in and renewed my season ticket today. Straightforward stuff and a bargain at £200

There's a storm on the horizon

And for that I can't see the sun

For I'll keep a waiting on the pavement

For the ice cream van to come

Went in and renewed my season ticket today. Straightforward stuff and a bargain at £200

Did the same myself today. Couldn’t have been easier and took about 2 minutes. I even got a receipt e-mailed to me this time.

Archived