Season Tickets - Page 6 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Season Tickets

Sounds like a pile of s***e dressed up to convince supporters they are helping their* club.

*it isn't.

It quite clearly is going to help the club in terms of raising more money, otherwise they wouldn't be launching it. It probably won't all go to the 'football operation' though, in the same way that IronMan almost certainly wasn't taking the £2 charge on Saturday tickets to directly fund youth development.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

• Replies 498
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Being serious. password must be at least 8 characters and contain letters and numbers. Not sure if punctuation/symbols are allowed or uppercase but I can be sure that if you try a password like atleast8 (7 lowercase letters followed by 1 number) it will allow you to register. (I'm sure other combinations work, but that's the sequence that worked for me and someone else).

Tried again using one of the same passwords as earlier (honest!) and it allowed me to register. The site now instructs me to contact the club in order to update the fan card. Luckily I emailed admin earlier anyway to ask for their assistance, as well as sympathise with the mountain of bollocks they’ll undoubtedly have been wading through due to that shambles of a service from Interstadia.

Spotted that earlier on Twitter. Quite clearly a good incentive.

I wonder if we could do something on a smaller scale?

so what is meant to be one of our top clubs in the country is having to turn to a model used by a seaside club to provide cash for the playing squad: make a monthly payment on top of your season ticket/turnstyle payment and don't get any direct involvement in the club in return

https://www.au500fund.com/

so what is meant to be one of our top clubs in the country is having to turn to a model used by a seaside club to provide cash for the playing squad: make a monthly payment on top of your season ticket/turnstyle payment and don't get any direct involvement in the club in return

https://www.au500fund.com/

I'd look at it as throwing things at the wall and seeing what sticks. Generally I'm not a fan of these "playing squad" funds: a football club needs to take into account all of its expenditure, and ring-fencing money for the first XI hardly encourages efficiency elsewhere. However, it's a lot easier to get fans on board by saying "this will go towards signing great players" than "this goes towards admin staff and fixing the plumbing." So I wouldn't necessarily write it off, either.

EOho8Pw.png

I'd look at it as throwing things at the wall and seeing what sticks. Generally I'm not a fan of these "playing squad" funds: a football club needs to take into account all of its expenditure, and ring-fencing money for the first XI hardly encourages efficiency elsewhere. However, it's a lot easier to get fans on board by saying "this will go towards signing great players" than "this goes towards admin staff and fixing the plumbing." So I wouldn't necessarily write it off, either.

There needs to be an target or some sort of contract (for want of a better word) so fans buy in.

I wasn't convinced at first but think it's a good idea if there are some extra benefits too.

I think it's an excellent idea that is marketed well. It's essentially a cap-in-hand request for more money for no extra output, but it's been dressed up well and I think supporters will buy into it. I reckon you'll see this become a widely implemented scheme in a few years time. 

You address me by my proper title, you little bollocks! 

Tried again using one of the same passwords as earlier (honest!) and it allowed me to register. The site now instructs me to contact the club in order to update the fan card. Luckily I emailed admin earlier anyway to ask for their assistance, as well as sympathise with the mountain of bollocks they’ll undoubtedly have been wading through due to that shambles of a service from Interstadia.

Tried to buy a season ticket online just there and keep getting the same message. The password must be at least 8 characters. I've tried upper case and lower case, numbers, symbols you name it and i keep gettin the same message. This is why I just gave up last season and it STILL hasn't been sorted. Pathetic.

"CORNBEEF IS A BELLEND"

Tried to buy a season ticket online just there and keep getting the same message. The password must be at least 8 characters. I've tried upper case and lower case, numbers, symbols you name it and i keep gettin the same message. This is why I just gave up last season and it STILL hasn't been sorted. Pathetic.

Takes 2 minutes over the phone. They'd be better ditching the website and hiring someone to take calls.

:lol:

Giving up because you failed to register on a webshite.

:lol:

Aye. I bet I'm not alone either.

I know you are not alone in having password issues.

But giving up/not buying something you want because of the website when there are simple alternatives (1 phone call) is pretty lame.

But giving up/not buying something you want because of the website when there are simple alternatives (1 phone call) is pretty lame.

Is it? Or is Morton's inability to get this sorted a year after its launch the lame part?

EOho8Pw.png

You're probably correct but the onus is on Morton to provide an efficient and reliable service in the first instance. I shouldn't have to go out my way.

"CORNBEEF IS A BELLEND"

Both demonstrations of lameness are not mutually exclusive.

Ok call it petty principals. I'm not going to give Morton my money in the manner which is their preference when they can't be arsed getting the basics right.

"CORNBEEF IS A BELLEND"

Archived