Falkirk V Morton - Match Thread - Page 4 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Falkirk V Morton - Match Thread

AyrshireTon

I'm conscious that we don't want to have a complete meltdown here given we've done well of late, but the last two league games have been ****ing awful largely down to Duffy fannying around with the team

That's how I feel as well, if Duffy gets the blame for today's HIV infection then he should also get the credit for the great run of form that preceded it. The maddening part is how totally avoidable this was. Ross and Oliver and Iredale not lining up just looks like chucking it to me. I know he's not actually chucking it and there's method to his madness but the outcome is the same.

EOho8Pw.png

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sick of saying it the Rae's have no interest in going any further FFS put the club on the market and GTF

This comment always appears when we are getting beat.

The current score is 100% down to Duffy and his team selection, feck all to do with Rae!

I’ve never seen us defend so badly since Hamilton pumped us 10-2. Far too many players out there not good enough. No surprise Baird has been utter shite, along with Russell who should be hooked and never played again. Had umpteen chances in this team. Iredale is a far better option.

Iredale, Ross, Oliver on for Baird, Russell and McHugh.

That's how I feel as well, if Duffy gets the blame for today's HIV infection then he should also get the credit for the great run of form that preceded it. The maddening part is how totally avoidable this was. Ross and Oliver and Iredale not lining up just looks like chucking it to me. I know he's not actually chucking it and there's method to his madness but the outcome is the same.

100% mate.

Is it really that much to ask that he comes out with a pair of balls and says "we're going for it. Play offs are 100% the aim". I'd have for more respect for that, even if we failed, than this conservative approach.

I said it before, and I'll say it again, he doesn't do it because when we ultimately do we it reflect better.

Farce

TIME FOR CHANGE!

I’ve never seen us defend so badly since Hamilton pumped us 10-2. Far too many players out there not good enough. No surprise Baird has been utter s***e, along with Russell who should be hooked and never played again. Had umpteen chances in this team. Iredale is a far better option.

Iredale, Ross, Oliver on for Baird, Russell and McHugh.

First sub will come on around 80th minute

Can't believe Baird played the full 90 mins against Livi

The fact the Rae’s haven’t set a clear target for the season has led to this shambolic, early holiday by the squad.

TTG.

Precisely. The lack of ambition and direction - rightly or wrongly - will eventually transmit to the dugout and onto the team.

"CORNBEEF IS A BELLEND"

I've always been of the opinion that 2 or 3 good quality players can make a massive difference to a team. Apart from anything else it stops the others from having to carry so much dead weight. I think that's what we've seen recently. It's clear what works and what doesn't work.

Oliver, Ross, and Iredale back in asap or we'll slide down the table.

This comment always appears when we are getting beat.

The current score is 100% down to Duffy and his team selection, feck all to do with Rae!

I agree but watch from now until the end of the season it has been the same since we came back up we seem to do alright then when it comes to the business end of the season we fuck it up and that is not just down to Duffy.

McHugh is OK in the last ten minutes to come on but he shouldn't be starting games.

If there's not a big improvement this half then major questions have to be asked of Duffy. That's a big percentage of recent games he's lost due to poor selections and this is a terrible result.

Archived