Season Tickets - Page 8 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Season Tickets

Jamie_M

No chance. About 1000 people queuing up at one booth and the expense of printing tickets? I suspect they'll need to come up with a better shout than that because that is chaos.

I think they could have went with barcode turnstiles and also cash turnstiles.

As you've mentioned, a massive queue at the ticket booth otherwise by the looks of it, then they join the turnstile queue after that.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

hi guys system is poor i managed to regester but what happens next how do you get a fan card and buy games as the site just gives you games to buy click on it and nothing :bouncy: 

[MADNESS IS ALL IN THE MIND

hi guys system is poor i managed to regester but what happens next how do you get a fan card and buy games as the site just gives you games to buy click on it and nothing :bouncy:

Only the early bird cards are available right now. When the other cards are available you can either get them at Cappielow, or arrange to have htem mailed out to your address or to Smith's.

EOho8Pw.png

Managed to purchase fan card on website with no hassles this afternoon. However I have no idea if the fan card will be posted to my home address or will need to collect from Cappielow or Smiths. Thought it might have gave you an option when purchasing.

Managed to purchase fan card on website with no hassles this afternoon. However I have no idea if the fan card will be posted to my home address or will need to collect from Cappielow or Smiths. Thought it might have gave you an option when purchasing.

For the early birds it was Cappielow by default unless you contact them to say Smiths or to pay for postage. Presumably this will be the same. I saw this on the official site in a news update on Monday.

EOho8Pw.png

Anyone know yet when season tickets are being sent out. If these are also to be used as prepayment cards for home league cup games its getting worryingly close.

As mentioned pick up season book from Cappielow. If you want it posted you need to call them

forever optimistic

Or given an expected arrival date, given that our first home match is in six days time. That appears to be but one of many issues that have sadly, yet predictably, cropped up so far. Will for example the fan card system be ready for people to purchase admission for the Queen's Park game online - seeing as the link to do so led to yet another dead end (select your non-existent seat in the stand!) page yesterday? Will the bulk of the home crowd be expected to instead use a single ticket booth to gain entry instead, and if so, why is that considered acceptable for a scheme that was actually launched fully 13 months ago, then quietly dropped because the obvious challenges made it unrealistic to implement? Why - fully a year later - is the ticket site on which such a project ultimately depends such an omnishambles?

To a degree these are teething problems that any reasonable customer would expect; although the point stands that they've actually had a full year to plan for this, so it shouldn't really be this much of a farce. You'd certainly like to think though that a certain board member would refrain from puffing up the club's supposed commercial nous on fan forums until such basic details are actually resolved.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

As mentioned pick up season book from Cappielow. If you want it posted you need to call them

Top of the range electronic turnstiles and yet commercial practices still rooted in the 1970s. Typical Morton.

Why didn't they set up a 'select delivery' option on a website specifically set up to handle season/fan card sales? Yes it's probably a slight inconvenience to the club/website designers handling the details but not remotely as much as requiring people to phone to actually get their order sent to where they want in 2017. You'd be as well requiring for communication in Morse Code.

When there wasn't an online function, up to and including last year, then that sort of issue was excusable to a degree. We now have a site though, which seems designed to gladly take a customer's money without actually taking any hassle out of the process for the customer.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

Top of the range electronic turnstiles and yet commercial practices still rooted in the 1970s. Typical Morton.

Why didn't they set up a 'select delivery' option on a website specifically set up to handle season/fan card sales? Yes it's probably a slight inconvenience to the club/website designers handling the details but not remotely as much as requiring people to phone to actually get their order sent to where they want in 2017. You'd be as well requiring for communication in Morse Code.

When there wasn't an online function, up to and including last year, then that sort of issue was excusable to a degree. We now have a site though, which seems designed to gladly take a customer's money without actually taking any hassle out of the process for the customer.

If the cards are in - it shouldn't be down to the customer to discover on twitter or on the official site that they have to call to sort out how they are getting the thing they have paid for. As said above, that should either have been sorted at time of purchase by selecting a delivery/collection method or the club should be emailing or calling everyone that has purchased, to inform them that the cards are here and to select their method.

And I bet there will be no chance of collecting them immediately before the game on Tuesday unless we rock up before 5 to the office.

I got an email from Antonia saying that the cards were in and asked if I wanted it posted out or to collect it from cappielow.

There's a storm on the horizon

And for that I can't see the sun

For I'll keep a waiting on the pavement

For the ice cream van to come

I haven't even bothered sorting out the fan card yet as I knew there'd be teething problems, not quite to this degree though. Need to be at Cappielow early next Tuesday if I'm wanting in by kick off by the sounds of things.

Well, my season card turned up in the post today. They must have already put me down for delivery somehow. Nice.

Having ordered over the phone, my card isn't listed on my account on the tickets website so need to find out if it can be added, whether you can add cup games to your season ticket or whether I need a fan card as well for that purpose.

The whole set up is a bit of a joke. Tried to log in and the log in details werent accepted. Entered my e-mail address to reset password and still waiting for an e-mail after an hour. When i purchased the season card last month i didn't receive e-mail confirmation, but the money was taken so didn't think anything of it. E-mailed the club on Tuesday to have the season card posted as i can't get to Cappielow before Tuesday. I have received no response/ confirmation. Very poor so far and you just know there will be issues on Tuesday at the gate.

I assume they're only going to charge something like 50p to send out a £2 fan card?  The charge for ticket delivery last time I ordered tickets over the phone was £5, albeit that was for recorded delivery (but still a hug mark up on the actual cost).  

"Any nation given the opportunity to regain its national sovereignty and which then rejects it is so far beneath contempt that it is hard to put words to it."

Archived