Raith Rovers V Morton - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Raith Rovers V Morton

gmfc23

After that crushing defeat tonight we head to raith looking to secure our spot in the playoffs. A win for us and hibs confirms it. Duffy will have a job on his hands picking the boys up after tonight and maybe its time for some changes.

Gaston

Doyle

Kilday

Lamie

Strapp

Nesbit

Tidser

O'Ware

Tiffony

McDongha

Kudus

Cant see duffy going with that team but i think it would be good enough not to lose and then get the job done at home to ayr the following week.

• Replies 370
  • Created
  • Last Reply

After that crushing defeat tonight we head to raith looking to secure our spot in the playoffs. A win for us and hibs confirms it. Duffy will have a job on his hands picking the boys up after tonight and maybe its time for some changes.

Gaston

Doyle

Kilday

Lamie

Strapp

Nesbit

Tidser

O'Ware

Tiffony

McDongha

Kudus

Cant see duffy going with that team but i think it would be good enough not to lose and then get the job done at home to ayr the following week.

That's the sort of line-up that saw us heading for relegation at the start of the season. Agree a shake-up may well be needed, but that line-up is frightening. 

Can't really suggest what I'd do to be honest, but certainly no development squad players or Oyenuga.

Was going, ain't going. That front two would give me PTSD.

There's only a few games left and if I didn't have tickets for the boxing I'd be there.  It's noticeable the boys look spent so now's the time to do our bit by dragging them over the line.  Fuck chucking the towel in at this stage. 

"CORNBEEF IS A BELLEND"

We'll take an embarrassing crowd through. 300 odd. Not that I blame anyone after the last month. Some brutal, brutal performances.

Some big shake-ups needed in the team.

Gaston

Doyle Kilday O'Ware Lamie

Nesbitt Lindsay Murdoch Tidser

McDonagh Onyenuga

There's only a few games left and if I didn't have tickets for the boxing I'd be there.  It's noticeable the boys look spent so now's the time to do our bit by dragging them over the line.  **** chucking the towel in at this stage.

I'm totally scunnered and have something else on anyway. I'm not chucking the towel in, just have no real desire to go on Saturday.

There lies the issue. Folk can't be ared going after a few shaky results. Still all to play for.

That's why we're a diddy like supported club

It's well documented that for financial reasons fans might pick and choose their games these days. The playoffs are all but secure bar a horrible collapse, performances have been below par for a while now and we've lost to feckin Dunfermline, Dumbarton and St Mirren in recent weeks. What is there to motivate the fans until the playoffs? What is 'all to play for?' We WON'T get 2nd and they seem to have accepted that.

That game last night meant so much to the fans (both with an eye on the top end of the table but also the bottom). That performance was completely unacceptable in that game. Once again, St Mirren win the head to head record against us. 'Forever in Our shadows' was mocked when we beat them but that's 2 rancid years of St Mirren teams that still bested us.

I love this team and it has been a great season. But it's fizzling out at the wrong time and I fear it'll be remembered as a season where we blow such a glorious chance.

It's well documented that for financial reasons fans might pick and choose their games these days. The playoffs are all but secure bar a horrible collapse, performances have been below par for a while now and we've lost to feckin Dunfermline, Dumbarton and St Mirren in recent weeks. What is there to motivate the fans until the playoffs? What is 'all to play for?' We WON'T get 2nd and they seem to have accepted that.

That game last night meant so much to the fans (both with an eye on the top end of the table but also the bottom). That performance was completely unacceptable in that game. Once again, St Mirren win the head to head record against us. 'Forever in Our shadows' was mocked when we beat them but that's 2 rancid years of St Mirren teams that still bested us.

I love this team and it has been a great season. But it's fizzling out at the wrong time and I fear it'll be remembered as a season where we blow such a glorious chance.

The runner up spot is still very much all to play for.

Maximum points against Raith and Ayr will set us up nicely for a trip to, a nothing to play for Dunfermline. I don't see either Falkirk or United taking full points from St Mirren.

Failure to get six points from our next two games and we won't deserve the runner up spot anyway.

<span style='font-size: 14px;'><em class='bbc'>"That LinwoodTon's a c*nt, eh?"</em></span>

Maximum points against Raith and Ayr will set us up nicely for a trip to, a nothing to play for Dunfermline. I don't see either Falkirk or United taking full points from St Mirren.

Failure to get six points from our next two games and we won't deserve the runner up spot anyway.

No reason why we can't get second spot. Just need some belief from and positivity transferred to the players from our manager. A fit Quitongo would also help

No reason why we can't get second spot. Just need some belief from and positivity transferred to the players from our manager. A fit Quitongo would also help

Duffy also needs to get Tidser in the starting line up, imo.

<span style='font-size: 14px;'><em class='bbc'>"That LinwoodTon's a c*nt, eh?"</em></span>

Gaston

McDonagh - Kilday - O'Ware - Lamie

Forbes - Tidser - Murdoch - Nesbitt

Oliver - Kudas

We aren't scoring goals and while Kudas has hardly been prolific this season, I think he could do more of a job complementing Oliver than anyone else we have available and we know he's not afraid to get stuck in, unlike the majority of last night's team. Russell clearly needs a break so I'd bring Kilday back into centre half and give McDonagh a go at right back.

Dropping one of Lindsay or Murdoch is something we need look at in order to try and get some service to the forwards. Both these guys are good, industrious players but cannot use the ball the same way Tidser can.

I'd even consider dropping Forbes for a bit more pace on the wing though he's been unquestionably productive most of the season despite a drop in form lately.

Given our distinct lack of goals recently, changes must be made and I Trust The Duff to do so.

TRUST THE DUFF

It is. But then, the title was in our hands only a few weeks ago and if the team can't muster a competitive performance is a Derby, what makes us think they will gun for 2nd?

Conservation until the playoffs seems far more likely.

I reckon Kilday should be brought in and Lamie moved to left back, with off form Russell dropped to the bench.  Lamie is decent at CB but he can also play LB so that sorts out that problem.  I also think Duffy should instruct the team not to play the ball any higher than 300mm above the ground as that is what we do well - we do not have the height for hoofball.

I wouldn't let Shankland anywhere near the team.  He looks unfit and slow.  If we wanted someone unfit and slow, I could do that.

"Any nation given the opportunity to regain its national sovereignty and which then rejects it is so far beneath contempt that it is hard to put words to it."

We need to get back to pressing teams high up the park and not giving them time on the ball. I'd probably go for Nesbitt and Oliver up top for a bit of pace and energy - that would take away the temptation of the long ball too.

Gaston

McDonugh        Kilday        O'Ware       Lamie

Forbes            Lindsay      Murdoch      Tidser

Oliver   Nesbitt

Archived