Morton V Falkirk 13/8/16 - Page 9 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Morton V Falkirk 13/8/16

AyrshireTon

Think you might have to blame the Programme Editor for that  (schoolboy error)

On the subject of the match programme, I find it bizarre that having been appointed Communications Officer, Jonathan Mitchell isn't editing the match programme. It would make sense for this to be part of his remit, and would ensure consistency in what the club publish. On top of the "Jose" errors yesterday, there were a number of errors in the "Champions" article that I picked up on. Quite a disappointing effort.

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

On the subject of the match programme, I find it bizarre that having been appointed Communications Officer, Jonathan Mitchell isn't editing the match programme. It would make sense for this to be part of his remit, and would ensure consistency in what the club publish. On top of the "Jose" errors yesterday, there were a number of errors in the "Champions" article that I picked up on. Quite a disappointing effort.

I fervently hope he can "tackle" the Chairman's "maverick" use of inverted commas.

I fervently hope he can "tackle" the Chairman's "maverick" use of inverted commas.

That has irritated me for many years.

"Any nation given the opportunity to regain its national sovereignty and which then rejects it is so far beneath contempt that it is hard to put words to it."

Did anyone think the Falkirk equaliser came about after the scorer handled it? Jim Duffy mentions it in his interview with Jonathon on gmfc.net.

That was mentioned in the match report on the official site too.

We really need a broadcast service. There can't be that many teams in the division without one. In fact, I'm going to check who has one and who doesn't right now.

EOho8Pw.png

Championship teams with online match broadcasts (outside UK/Ireland)

• Falkirk

• St. Mirren

• Raith

• Hibernian

• Dundee United

• Dunfermline

Championship teams with highlights only

• Dumbarton

• Queen of the South

Championship teams with fuck all

• Greenock Morton

• Ayr United (I'm assuming; their website is down)

EOho8Pw.png

• Falkirk
  • St. Mirren
  • Raith
  • Hibernian
  • Dundee United
  • Dunfermline

• Dumbarton
  • Queen of the South
Championship teams with **** all

• Greenock Morton

We have a guy in the stand filming games, and at away games as well. See his infamous "YEAHHHHHH" when we took the lead in Hamilton. He is still there, the issue obviously lies in someone putting a highlights package together - which really could not be more simple and I'd gladly do it for free. But, hopefully this is something JM will look to address

• Falkirk
  • St. Mirren
  • Raith
  • Hibernian
  • Dundee United
  • Dunfermline
  • Dumbarton
  • Queen of the South
  • Greenock Morton

Ayr united have a youtube page - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCR4zrXEbSUj9kXsPfAfRYQg  it has the highlights from Saturday up.

We are now the only team in the league who offer nothing to the public in terms of video highlights (aside from goal cam), as mentioned above hoepfully that is rectified soon.

Whoever does end up doing it should work with David Bell (Tontastic) for different angles.

Im making perfect sense, your just not keeping up.

My Twitter - 
https://twitter.com/RJChesh

Even Stranraer have a YouTube channel FFS!

McGhee needs some support, there's no-one backing him up.
Hayes playing it forward, Bell being forced to do it all alone, now forward from Marr, here's Ritchie, still Andy Ritchie, look at the control...

That is a marvellous goal from Andy Ritchie. Twenty minutes on the clock and Morton's supporters come alive. A goal which epitomises the control, the arrogance, the cheek of Andy Ritchie.

Absolute joke that we are the only club in the division without one. We shouldn't have to scramble around a series of opposing club websites/youtube channels to try to find some footage of us in action.

We have guys filming - what is that for? Purely for the team to watch back? Those vests that the guys filming wear with 'Morton TV' or something to that effect on the back - WTF is that about?

• Falkirk
  • St. Mirren
  • Raith
  • Hibernian
  • Dundee United
  • Dunfermline
  • Dumbarton
  • Queen of the South
  • Greenock Morton

Good research. Useful.

Your work is not done. Do all of the teams with broadcasts also do highlights (I assume so)? Could you also ascertain which clubs cover both their home AND away matches as some are home only. Then get that post pinned - because it's unlikely we'll get our own any time soon.

Archived