Morton V Falkirk 13/8/16 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Morton V Falkirk 13/8/16

AyrshireTon

Same again please, Morton.

Especially given that it's those moaning faced b'st'rds. Very delicate bunch of fans they've got on P&B.

McGhee needs some support, there's no-one backing him up.
Hayes playing it forward, Bell being forced to do it all alone, now forward from Marr, here's Ritchie, still Andy Ritchie, look at the control...

That is a marvellous goal from Andy Ritchie. Twenty minutes on the clock and Morton's supporters come alive. A goal which epitomises the control, the arrogance, the cheek of Andy Ritchie.

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is as good an opportunity as we're going to get to beat Falkirk. We're in good form, whilst they've not had a great start to the season and are still bedding players in/working out a new system. Their fans don't seem particularly optimistic anyway.

This is as good an opportunity as we're going to get to beat Falkirk. We're in good form, whilst they've not had a great start to the season and are still bedding players in/working out a new system. Their fans don't seem particularly optimistic anyway.

So...Away win then.

In all honesty though i would agree, we have had a much stronger start than Falkirk and our limited pool of players had led to early consistency regarding the starting 11 players.

Im making perfect sense, your just not keeping up.

My Twitter - 
https://twitter.com/RJChesh

First game of the season for me and really looking forward to it, for the first time in years I actually feel excited about the season ahead, we may not have the biggest squad but we do have passion and a fighting spirit. Looks like Duffy has built a team and the players want to keep their place in it. Good to see the some of the development squad getting a chance.

The team spirit has been so clear over the past few years. Bigger turnover of personnel this year, but good to see the togetherness looks like it's still there.

Oyenuga seems to have fitted in to that really well judging by the reaction after the win on Tuesday.

Kudus-Oyenuga-celebrates-v-Hamilton_925x581_acf_cropped.jpg

Reckon we might see the same starting 11 as Tuesday night. Defence has been solid so not really in a rush to change that up, especially if Russell isn't fully fit.

Oyenuga has to prove himself from the bench before looking to start I would say. He's got a job getting an in-form Quitongo out of the team, that's for sure.

Lamie had been excellent at left back the last two games, keep it the way it is.

He's been good, excellent is pushing it. He's been good when the balls in the air and has improved from his previous excursions at left-back, but when the ball is on the ground he's still leaving a lot of space behind him, and also contributes less going forward than Russell. Given Falkirk's style of play I'd feel far more comfortable with Russell* there, although I don't think Duffy will change it.

*if fully fit, obviously.

26/4/18

A Decade of Wakeism.

Reckon we might see the same starting 11 as Tuesday night. Defence has been solid so not really in a rush to change that up, especially if Russell isn't fully fit.

Oyenuga has to prove himself from the bench before looking to start I would say. He's got a job getting an in-form Quitongo out of the team, that's for sure.

Not sure if you meant that its Quitongos jersey he has a chance at? Oliver's surely?

I want a pretentious signature too.

So...Away win then.

In all honesty though i would agree, we have had a much stronger start than Falkirk and our limited pool of players had led to early consistency regarding the starting 11 players.

Not impressed by them in all our games last season

Think we will win this one

Unfortunately missing it

Archived