Thread About Ex Player - Page 250 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Thread About Ex Player

KingsTON

Not quite the same. Morton have a relationship with Motherwell to maintain, as it is one of JJ's most recent clubs I imagine he is in no hurry to sully that relationship.

Bollocks to that. If another club's player isn't pulling his weight (allegedly) or the manager decides he isn't fully focused, they should be booted back to their parent club immediately.  

AWMSC

Not quite the same. Morton have a relationship with Motherwell to maintain, as it is one of JJ's most recent clubs I imagine he is in no hurry to sully that relationship.

Aye, because a relationship that has so far only amounted to them withdrawing a player from loan at us to sell to a rival is of utmost importance to retain.

Looks like Mark Russell has been binned by Falkirk since a new signing has acquired his squad number. Hope he's enjoying that big step up :lol:

All the signs were there when he left us for them only to hook up with King Rat again, I bet he’s effing raging at his career choices since May

I'll still give him pelters but I couldn't really care less about this tbh. As a loan player who was just here for experience, there's little reason for him to be bearing grudges or owing anybody any loyalty. It's one of these things.

Edit: I'd be more inclined to question why Morton didn't send him packing when it became clear he was planning on going to a rival.

I made a wee comment on Twitter about him slithering away to join the other snake and the cunt liked it. Hope he gets a broken leg next time we play them at Cappielow.

All the signs were there when he left us for them only to hook up with King Rat again, I bet he’s effing raging at his career choices since May

And his confidence will be further shot to shit as he has been played out of position (Centre half) for their reserves.

Such a wee shame.

Handing an eighteen month deal to a player who couldn't regularly get a game ahead of Thomson and Tiffoney makes me fear for Falkirk's latest attempt to panic sign their way out of oblivion.

Hopefully King Snake moves to bring Connor Bell over next. 

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

Handing an eighteen month deal to a player who couldn't regularly get a game ahead of Thomson and Tiffoney makes me fear for Falkirk's latest attempt to panic sign their way out of oblivion.

Hopefully King Snake moves to bring Connor Bell over next.

Fingers crossed.

Burn your bridges at The Famous by seeking a 'bigger challenge' at a dross competitor; get punished with failure and spend the rest of your career in seaside league oblivion. Good to see the Bobby Barr Rule still delivering the goods.

Farewell sweet prince. x

• Upvote 1

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

Burn your bridges at The Famous by seeking a 'bigger challenge' at a dross competitor; get punished with failure and spend the rest of your career in seaside league oblivion. Good to see the Bobby Barr Rule still delivering the goods.

Farewell sweet prince. x

Quinongo, Russell, Barr, Monti, Scott Taggart all in the same boat of thinking their too good for Morton.

All of their careers now in ruin. Absolutely delicious

• Upvote 1

Russell is a weird one. The whole position change fiasco here won’t have helped him, but if he was actually amy good he’d have recovered from that. There’s undoubted ability there, enough that made me think we’d be getting decent money for him years ago, think he’s found his level though. I see one of the Facebook groups is asking if we’d take him back. The answer is of course, no. We’re fine at left back, he burnt his bridges and isn’t particularly good. Airdrie awaits.

Edited by TheGoon

Quinongo, Russell, Barr, Monti, Scott Taggart all in the same boat of thinking their too good for Morton.

All of their careers now in ruin. Absolutely delicious

Don't know what Taggart did wrong apart from stay in the Championship.

I'd still take him back now.

Russell is a weird one. The whole position change fiasco here won’t have helped him, but if he was actually amy good he’d have recovered from that. There’s undoubted ability there, enough that made me think we’d be getting decent money for him years ago, think he’s found his level though. I see one of the Facebook groups is asking if we’d take him back. The answer is of course, no. We’re fine at left back, he burnt his bridges and isn’t particularly good. Airdrie awaits.

Looked good for 6 months in league 1. Bang average after that.

He actually got worse as he bulked up. Seemed to lose a bit the bit of the speed and agility that enabled him to glide past players and carry the ball up the park. After that was gone there was fuck all left but a failed winger who couldn't defend.

Looked good for 6 months in league 1. Bang average after that.

He actually got worse as he bulked up. Seemed to lose a bit the bit of the speed and agility that enabled him to glide past players and carry the ball up the park. After that was gone there was **** all left but a failed winger who couldn't defend.

He won club player of the year awards in our first season back at this level. He had a very good season and was touted for bigger things after that. He started the next season impressively as well. He played brilliantly in our 5-0 win at QotS and looked like a certainty for a big move at that point.

Then Duffy started moving him about, he seemed to lose a bit of pace and struggled for consistency. He actually played well at left back in his last few months at the club, but that was only about 4 or 5 games (and his reputation took a pounding with his lacklustre performances in other positions).

At this point he'll need to work very hard and find some very good guidance to get his career back on track.

I think a step down to league one to get his confidence back would be the best thing he could do right now rather than sign for another club at this level (if anyone would even take him) and be a bit part player again.

If he's going to get back to his old form he's going to need a consistent run of games.

Good people will do good things, bad people will do bad things, but only with religion do good people do bad things!

32.gif

He won club player of the year awards in our first season back at this level. He had a very good season and was touted for bigger things after that. He started the next season impressively as well. He played brilliantly in our 5-0 win at QotS and looked like a certainty for a big move at that point.

Then Duffy started moving him about, he seemed to lose a bit of pace and struggled for consistency. He actually played well at left back in his last few months at the club, but that was only about 4 or 5 games (and his reputation took a pounding with his lacklustre performances in other positions).

At this point he'll need to work very hard and find some very good guidance to get his career back on track.

ibid