Thread About Ex Player - Page 253 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Thread About Ex Player

KingsTON

Ex-manager rather than player, but Jim McInally has overseen a 2-1 defeat in a crucial game at home to Clyde, with the home side leading before Clyde scored twice in two minutes late on.

Where have I seen this before?

Brian Wake my Lord, Brian Wake

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

Ex-manager rather than player, but Jim McInally has overseen a 2-1 defeat in a crucial game at home to Clyde, with the home side leading before Clyde scored twice in two minutes late on.

Where have I seen this before?

Masterton for Clyde. 10 years or so ago or more? Depressing stuff

Just a hunch, but im starting to doubt hes actually injured.

That is Celtic-level paranoia.

Its not paranoia. I really couldn't give a **** either way tbh. No more paranoid than those saying they doubt we'll see him play for us again.

Just a thought.

What possible reason could there be for that though? Why would anyone cover it up?

So you think we’re paying him a fortune (for us) to sit about doing **** all when he’s not injured?

Just like we did with Fred...

Two words:

Dominic Shimmin.

*insert signature here*

Two words:

Dominic Shimmin.

Aye but Shimmin was more interested in pretending he was a musician. It's amazing we managed to get 38 games out of him.

A bit like Abdul Osman in his last year at Partick, far more interested in trying to flog his shite clothing range. Falkirk obviously hoping by signing him that he wants to be a footballer again although, judging by the fact he was dripping from head to toe in his shite clothing in the signing photographs, that looks unlikely.

What's Denny's alternative career that he's more interested in?

Two words:

Dominic Shimmin.

I'm not 100% clear on what shimmins issues were but I remember a lot of people said his problems were mental rather than physical. Is that what you're getting at with Denny?

There's a storm on the horizon

And for that I can't see the sun

For I'll keep a waiting on the pavement

For the ice cream van to come

I don't think for a second there's any sort of cover up with Denny. If I were to pinpoint a tangible decision that has hindered his progress it would be the caretaker managers throwing him into the Partick game to try and earn themselves a job, despite him being nowhere near ready to start the game. 

You address me by my proper title, you little bollocks! 

I emigrated in 2010 and I was at every home game the season of that game so must have been around 2009 or before.

It was February 2008, McInally's last game in charge. McInally's resignation accepted at the third time of asking because he told Rae the fans wouldn't get behind the players again unless he was gone. That had put us 9th, in the end we finished 8th above Clyde by one goal.

Proof that negativity from fans is not only often a good thing, but sometimes entirely necessary. If we hadn't hounded McInally he'd probably still be manager today.

Oh Lord, Brian Wake