Thread About Ex Player - Page 377 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Thread About Ex Player

KingsTON

18 hours ago, TRVMP said:

Tbh the anti groundhopper stance is partially out of jealousy. Some of the MLS grounds here are great but generally not within driving distance. Beyond that it's high school pitches and public parks. 

I have been at grounds on 'groundhopper day' and can assure you that your original stance is appropriate. It is a curious mix of a trainspotter convention with cameras thrown in.

1 minute ago, HamCam said:

I have been at grounds on 'groundhopper day' and can assure you that your original stance is appropriate. It is a curious mix of a trainspotter convention with cameras thrown in.

That's probably what I'm driving at. Going to visit a different ground because you're at a loose end or it's about to close down or something - acceptable. Being part of some organized group that goes about "rating" pies and pestering committee members - certifiable.

EOho8Pw.png

1 minute ago, TRVMP said:

That's probably what I'm driving at. Going to visit a different ground because you're at a loose end or it's about to close down or something - acceptable. Being part of some organized group that goes about "rating" pies and pestering committee members - certifiable.

Don't get me wrong, I love visiting new venues at home and abroad but the 'groundhog day' is a strange experience.  On the upside for clubs in the lower leagues it can be a bit of a cash windfall as the groundhoppers make a day of it buying everything in sight! 

10 hours ago, Ray Von said:

That’s what the pyramid system is all about. Some of those teams have been languishing at the bottom of the lowest tier for years knowing they couldn’t get relegated.

Fuck them.

To be fair, I'm not actually against the concept of the pyramid system, in fact if it were Queens Park who were relegated to the Lowland Juniors i would be partying like the Harry Dunn's were last weekend.  I kinda feel for Brechin in a similar way I feel for Berwick too.  These are proper professional football clubs whereas that league has got some amount of shite in it eg. BSC Glasgow, Caledonian Braves, Edusport etc. It just takes some rich person to come along and financially dope one of these joke outfits and it ruins the integrity of the game we love.

*insert signature here*

The reason he was getting slated for his performances is that he was by far and away the worst regular 'keeper we've had in my time watching the club (so, since the mid 1990s.) Nobody else comes close. If that spilled over into the personal then that's unfortunate, but hardly unique to Morton.

That said, I think the fact that he's managed to come back and recover his career at Dumbarton speaks well of him, and if he used his negative experience at Morton productively - spurring him on to improve - then good for him.

EOho8Pw.png

He was simply awful and if he's managed to find some form across the Clyde that's good for him.

I just pray we never get something as howlin as that again between the sticks.

“Morton fans don’t say nice things online or in person” 

The boy was literally throwing them in at every opportunity, wtf does he want a pat on the back and the keys to the town hall?

By far the most out of his depth keeper we’ve had in my time watching the club anyway. He should take a bit of responsibility for his shocking performances, slow motion dives, palming the ball straight out to the opposition, diving over the top of shots. Still trying to forget about it, it was just bizarre and he’s papering over the cracks a bit after the state of his part in the famous own goal with McGeever this season 😂

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, TRVMP said:

The reason he was getting slated for his performances is that he was by far and away the worst regular 'keeper we've had in my time watching the club (so, since the mid 1990s.) Nobody else comes close. If that spilled over into the personal then that's unfortunate, but hardly unique to Morton.

That said, I think the fact that he's managed to come back and recover his career at Dumbarton speaks well of him, and if he used his negative experience at Morton productively - spurring him on to improve - then good for him.

I'd give you Andy carling. 

20 minutes ago, gmfc23 said:

I'd give you Andy carling. 

I just looked it up and he played 23 games?! I'd have guessed five or six. OK, Sam has competition then.

EOho8Pw.png

8 hours ago, TRVMP said:

That said, I think the fact that he's managed to come back and recover his career at Dumbarton speaks well of him, 

Turning out for our D side marks the end of one.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

45 minutes ago, Toby said:

I do wonder however if his attitude towards the Morton support is influenced by Hopkin’s disdain for us, rather than the Morton fans being typical of most supports.

I'm not convinced he'd know much about crowds given the pub league that we signed him from. Perhaps the occasional dealings with the Judean People's Front organisation known as FCUM, but otherwise a bunch of bearded pub bores in a pub league. 

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

Didn't play for us but I'm sure Alloa (or a team like them) had a fucking ridiculously bad keeper in the lower leagues when we were there. Had never seen a professional keeper make the mistakes he would make against us. Ramsbottom is the closest to him I've seen since. 

Good people will do good things, bad people will do bad things, but only with religion do good people do bad things!

32.gif

2 minutes ago, port-ton said:

Didn't play for us but I'm sure Alloa (or a team like them) had a fucking ridiculously bad keeper in the lower leagues when we were there. Had never seen a professional keeper make the mistakes he would make against us. Ramsbottom is the closest to him I've seen since. 

Are you thinking of one time Championship Manager superstar Gary McGlynn? Had a series of howlers against us, particularly when we beat them 5-2 at Cappielow in 05/06.

Brian Wake my Lord, Brian Wake

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

2 minutes ago, dunning1874 said:

Are you thinking of one time Championship Manager superstar Gary McGlynn? Had a series of howlers against us, particularly when we beat them 5-2 at Cappielow in 05/06.

It was Allan Creer that came to my mind. Could be either from the description!

Allan Creer was who I was thinking of! Loved going to games where he was playing 

Good people will do good things, bad people will do bad things, but only with religion do good people do bad things!

32.gif

On 5/31/2021 at 10:29 PM, TRVMP said:

“Spilled over”

Very apt choice of words given that he spilled endless tame shots straight to the incoming forwards.

McGhee needs some support, there's no-one backing him up.
Hayes playing it forward, Bell being forced to do it all alone, now forward from Marr, here's Ritchie, still Andy Ritchie, look at the control...

That is a marvellous goal from Andy Ritchie. Twenty minutes on the clock and Morton's supporters come alive. A goal which epitomises the control, the arrogance, the cheek of Andy Ritchie.