Match Preview/Thread - Morton vs Queens Park (30th March) - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Match Preview/Thread - Morton vs Queens Park (30th March)

Bizarre selection again.  Baird and O'Connor should always be our first choice pairing.  Bearne in from the cold ahead of Garrity is a strange one too and Muirhead needs a kick up the arse after a string of woeful performances.  I'd have preferred Jai or Garrity opposite Bearne tbh.  

"CORNBEEF IS A BELLEND"

Strapp out is dreadful news, especially with Broadfoot & French keeping their places ahead of O'Connor. That defence is nightmare fuel.

I've not got an issue with Bearne coming in really, but it should be as well as Garrity rather than instead of him. Muirhead needs a performance today after not kicking his own arse for two months.

• Upvote 1

Brian Wake my Lord, Brian Wake

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

We made heavy weather of that. Two good goals plus Broadfoot hit the bar with a header at 0-0. QP looked feeble up front although did have a couole of close things. I was shocked how much pace Quitongo has lost. The previous Quitongo could have outrun those defenders easily but currently he looks done.

Not a great game to watch but got the win and now 8 points clear of Inverness who only have 5 games left. So far they have roughly 1 point per game olayed so looking like ending with maybe 37-39 points. I’d say we should be safe. A win at Airdrie needed next to edge us further ahead of them, and a win at Ayr, would set us up nicely for a playoff spot.

• Downvote 1

"Any nation given the opportunity to regain its national sovereignty and which then rejects it is so far beneath contempt that it is hard to put words to it."

Shame Arbrosth couldn't complete their comeback to send us 4th but delighted to get back to winning ways, to hit 40 points at last, can put to bed the late worry of sinking into the wrong playoffs.

All to play for.

• Upvote 1

Fully deserved that, controlled the game from start to finish. A man of the match performance from Bearne who has to keep his place now.

Really encouraged that we could keep going after taking the lead and put it to bed, hopefully that's all we need to turn the confidence of the squad round after such a low scoring run. Even after such a bad run, we looked in absolutely no danger of losing that after getting the first goal.

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

A great and much needed result and clean sheet. Jack Bearne was terrific and must start next week.

Special mention to the referee on possibly the worst performance of the season, so far! 

28 minutes ago, Cappiecat 1.2 said:

He said he was shocked how much pace Quitongo has lost and postulated that the Quitongo of old could have outrun those defenders easily but currently he actually looks done.

Aye he was horribly wrong. 

• Upvote 1

A fairly open game in terms of chances at either end. Hopefully a good wee confidence booster for Bearne and Muirhead as well. I thought Imrie's subs and formation switch at the end were a bit strange - we basically conceded the midfield at a point Queens Park looked like they'd lost the plot.

Edit - I actually thought Quitongo looked properly fit today. He attempted a few proper sprints for a change.

Edited by TopCat

Agree that Bearne was no doubt MotM, needs to keep his place. Thought the ref made the game all about him and wasn’t letting the game flow, how the boy wasn’t booked for that tackle on Bearne was astonishing! 

Special mention to Louis Longridge for the banter with the cowshed. He even had a little giggle to himself after he let a ball go right under his foot and out for a throw after getting it tight. Fair play lad! 

French was absolutely honking today and though Baird looked a little nervy at times. Much needed 3 points.

• Upvote 1