Match Preview/Thread - Morton vs Bo'ness United (25th November) - Page 3 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Match Preview/Thread - Morton vs Bo'ness United (25th November)

Admin

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
26 minutes ago, Deego said:

Anyone know anything about O’Boy? Is he local? How old is he?

I’m aware I sound like I’m looking to groom him. I’m no.

I believe he is local and I know he’s been banging them in for the U18’s on regular basis! Lennon Duffy another to keep an eye on 

54 minutes ago, Deego said:

Anyone know anything about O’Boy? Is he local? How old is he?

I’m aware I sound like I’m looking to groom him. I’m no.

Do you not have history grooming Morton players or was it just irnbru? Just because the boy is banging them in...

O’boy certainly has a name that is made for use in a Buddy Holly song with amended lyrics…

"Any nation given the opportunity to regain its national sovereignty and which then rejects it is so far beneath contempt that it is hard to put words to it."

The scoreline massively flattered us and our performance last week (second half at least) was better than today. Despite Dundee United getting dumped out themselves, we need to do better or can expect a pasting on returning to league business next week. The work rate was fine throughout but the execution was poor; especially from Muirhead who is now in a trough of form after carrying us in terms of goals at the start of the season. At least we almost have serious options to choose from again now. 

Get me Brora away in the next round. 

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

A professional performance yesterday and into the hat which is all that matters.

Who we all fancying in the next round? We have had a good run of 3 home cup ties this season so far in a row, so can't help but think the awful away draw beckons.

Would absolutely love buckie, brora away or something along them lines.

On 11/25/2023 at 5:44 PM, Toby said:

Terrific to see DreamOakTree trying to slaughter Imrie for his attitude to the club’s young players, only for him to bring on a young debutant and see him bag his first goal  on said debut.

Feeling like a complete fanny yet?

Actually I’m delighted to be proved wrong if Dougie’s going to give youngsters an opportunity. I said I wasn’t going back until I saw evidence of this, so I’ll be back on Saturday!

On 11/26/2023 at 12:52 AM, vikingTON said:

The scoreline massively flattered us...  

Not sure in the end that was the case as in the last half an hour we could and maybe should have scored a couple more. Turning point was clearly the sending off, which I thought was quite harsh, as up till then they were still very much in it (they squandered an excellent opportunity to equalise just a few minutes earlier). Without that sending off, I'm not at all sure we would have seen out the game as comfortably as we did.

18 hours ago, DreamOakTree said:

Actually I’m delighted to be proved wrong if Dougie’s going to give youngsters an opportunity. I said I wasn’t going back until I saw evidence of this, so I’ll be back on Saturday!

He had already introduced Davidson and Keay to the squad and given them game time before your nonsensical boycott, grow up.

1 hour ago, Cet Homme Charmant said:

Not sure in the end that was the case as in the last half an hour we could and maybe should have scored a couple more. Turning point was clearly the sending off, which I thought was quite harsh, as up till then they were still very much in it (they squandered an excellent opportunity to equalise just a few minutes earlier). Without that sending off, I'm not at all sure we would have seen out the game as comfortably as we did.

We used the man advantage well after the second goal, but until that point (even against ten men) our use of the ball was too slow and they were still getting a few good set-piece opportunities too. 

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

On 11/27/2023 at 5:27 PM, DreamOakTree said:

Morton fans themselves are pissin’

Dougie’s arse Dream Oak Tree’s kissin’

Archived