The Scottish Gas Scottish Cup 2023-24 - Page 10 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

The Scottish Gas Scottish Cup 2023-24

Toby

21 minutes ago, Toby said:

Don’t want to piss on anyone’s chips, but I haven’t seen it mentioned yet that Strapp will miss the quarter final through suspension.

Such a stupid booking to get last night as well.

Peter Weatherson is the greatest player since Ritchie, and should be assigned 'chairman for life' 

onsP5NR.jpg

41 minutes ago, Toby said:

Don’t want to piss on anyone’s chips, but I haven’t seen it mentioned yet that Strapp will miss the quarter final through suspension.

Ah shit.  Never knew that.

"CORNBEEF IS A BELLEND"

I dont know if anyone else has noticed this, but all the branding this year on the Scottish Cup is calling it 'Scottish Gas Mens Scottish Cup' which is simply ridiculous.  The Scottish Cup is THE Scottish Cup' not to be confused with any other Scottish Cup and not to become something else just because there are some women playing football nowadays.

• Upvote 2

*insert signature here*

It also means that our league game at Ayr on 9th March will be re-arranged.

With all the quarter final games televised, I’d be hoping to avoid the Friday night slot, as we play Dundee United at home on Tuesday 5th of March.

I know there’s no real difference in reality between playing Tuesday/Friday and Wednesday/Saturday but I do feel there can be something psychological about playing what could be perceived as two midweek games.

11 hours ago, LargsTON said:

Tbh i think it's about time Georgeous George Oakley was called up for England.

I think he should invent a Scottish grannie tbh. Or we just naturalise him.

Peter Weatherson is the greatest player since Ritchie, and should be assigned 'chairman for life' 

onsP5NR.jpg

14 hours ago, Toby said:

Pretty sure it's 3 yellows before a one match suspension kicks in for Scottish Cup, he only has two yellows.

image.png

Edited by Boogs49
  • Upvote 1

At least it's at home, but Hearts, should they get through, will be a really tough game.

McGhee needs some support, there's no-one backing him up.
Hayes playing it forward, Bell being forced to do it all alone, now forward from Marr, here's Ritchie, still Andy Ritchie, look at the control...

That is a marvellous goal from Andy Ritchie. Twenty minutes on the clock and Morton's supporters come alive. A goal which epitomises the control, the arrogance, the cheek of Andy Ritchie.

Just now, Pedrodelawasp said:

Airdrie or Hearts at home.

Will take that. 

No one wants to come to Cappielow. 

There's a storm on the horizon

And for that I can't see the sun

For I'll keep a waiting on the pavement

For the ice cream van to come