Squad for next Season - Page 123 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Squad for next Season

Dundee fans not happy with this move on their club twitter post confirming it. Strange not to see fans delighted about a player leaving for Morton. 

Good people will do good things, bad people will do bad things, but only with religion do good people do bad things!

32.gif

On 9/12/2023 at 4:28 PM, TRVMP said:

Season-long deal, too. Assuming no recall clause, that means we won't get the rug pulled from under us in January.

On its face this is an excellent signing.

Tony Docherty supposedly just said on DeeTV that if French is doing well, they will recall him in January.

Good news that he's signed an extension.  There's been rumours for a while that he was off out on loan so shouldn't come ad a surprise to anyone. Would hope that he'll come back a better player if he's playing every week

There's a storm on the horizon

And for that I can't see the sun

For I'll keep a waiting on the pavement

For the ice cream van to come

I don't understand this move at all, King should be getting more minutes of Championship football. Not to mention the fact we already hardly have enough players to fill a bench.

I assume we'll be getting someone more experienced in exchange but not a fan of this one.

• Upvote 2

Peter Weatherson is the greatest player since Ritchie, and should be assigned 'chairman for life' 

onsP5NR.jpg

Baffling. While you can see King getting a benefit from playing every week and this hopefully helps nail down his best position, if Crawford is going to be out for any length of time King should be in the starting XI, and even if Crawford isn't then if either Gillespie or Quitongo are out for a time he should still be featuring regularly, from the bench at least. He should be ahead of Boyd and Bearne in the pecking order for the three behind the striker and ahead of Wilson for the deeper two, although admittedly that may have changed soon as Wilson gets fully fit.

The squad is just too short to let him go.

• Upvote 1

Brian Wake my Lord, Brian Wake

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

He could certainly get competitive game time at a higher standard than an absolute nick of an outfit like Clyde. Presumably their clear effort to run as our tribute act (McLean, McCluskey, Millar - Duffy until a few weeks ago) explains the choice.

I'd rather we used our Annan link even if they're well up against it in League One this season.

• Upvote 1

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

1 minute ago, dunning1874 said:

Baffling. While you can see King getting a benefit from playing every week and this hopefully helps nail down his best position, if Crawford is going to be out for any length of time King should be in the starting XI, and even if Crawford isn't then if either Gillespie or Quitongo are out for a time he should still be featuring regularly, from the bench at least. He should be ahead of Boyd and Bearne in the pecking order for the three behind the striker and ahead of Wilson for the deeper two, although admittedly that may have changed soon as Wilson gets fully fit.

The squad is just too short to let him go.

He's a central midfielder in a squad that has got about 17 of them now. There's no actual evidence to support the roles you're shunting him into, Jim McInally style. 

And presumably the club wouldn't be letting King go out on loan of Crawford is injured for an extended period of time. That's information that they have at their disposal.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

King's the kind of player who could have popped up with 2 or 3 important goals between now and Christmas, so while it should be good for his development in terms of continuing to learn about roles, following instructions, game discipline and so on, it will definitely be a loss for us. 

13 minutes ago, Jamie_M said:

McCluskey?

I could swear blind that Duffy added Stefan McCluskey to his usual coterie of ringers this summer - apparently he's inexplicably* ended up at Kelty instead. 

* only explicable in a coaching/doing the kit man job capacity - at League 1 level.