Squad for next Season - Page 94 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Squad for next Season

1 hour ago, C B said:

Falkirk offering silly deals to ‘m’ybes aye, m’ybes naw’ Morton players is a formula they are determined to get right, so far it hasn’t worked with Tidser, Buchanan, MacLean, Johnstone, Telfer, McGuffie, Nisbett or Oliver. Maybe Miller will be different ???

Only one in that list I'd have bitten your hand off to stay at the time is tidser

There's a storm on the horizon

And for that I can't see the sun

For I'll keep a waiting on the pavement

For the ice cream van to come

He was hardly great with us but echo what someone said in that his latter performances reeked a bit of "playing for a contract". I reckon he'd be more of a 6/10 for a full season. Still reasonable but in no way irreplaceable. 

However, due to his new employers, I hope it goes fucking dreadful for him.

As long as its a backup I'm happy enough with that still a decent age and has some experience playing at a lower level, you can't really argue with Imrie track record so I'm happy to go with it. If its as a starter that wouldn't fill me with any confidence but always happy to be proved wrong. 

3 hours ago, ChampTon said:

If he's coming in as the new starter, no wonder they started selling season tickets early. 

Some folk really do take everything posted on here rather seriously. 

I said that, as a season ticket holder for the upcoming season.

• Downvote 2

We're surely not going to waste a wage on having two first team goalkeepers: even with the improved financial situation compared to last summer we'll probably still have a smaller budget than everyone other than Airdrie. I'd be very surprised if we're signing a 22 year old who ended last season as a first choice in League One as a backup goalkeeper, that'll likely be another teenager with Mullen as first choice.

Grimshaw was never realistically staying, he was both the best full back and best midfielder in the division and if he's in this league rather than moving to England or the Premiership it'll be with a club flinging Premiership wages around.

Brian Wake my Lord, Brian Wake

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

Gutted but not surprised Grimmy isn't coming back. Time to wish him all the best and move on to other targets. 

There's a storm on the horizon

And for that I can't see the sun

For I'll keep a waiting on the pavement

For the ice cream van to come

Not surprised he isn't signing but hope he goes down south. We are never going to replace everything that he brought to the team but looking at it with a glass half full we can maybe bring in someone with a bit better attacking qualities from fullback. 

Good people will do good things, bad people will do bad things, but only with religion do good people do bad things!

32.gif

Still needing quite a few signings. I was expecting Pignatiello to take Grimmy's place after his inevitable departure but Carlo leaving was a bit of a shock. 

2 more defenders, 2 midfielders and a winger/wide forward I'm assuming. 

So far, we can line up something like:

Mullen

Broadfoot O’Conner Baird Waters

Blues Gillespie Crawford

Muirhead Oakley Quitongo

Bench - King, McGrattan, Garrity

Got to assume a starting RB will be high on Dougie’s list. After that a wide forward? Another signing in the mould of Grimshaw that can cover a couple of defensive positions would be welcome too.

• Upvote 1