McPherson sacked - Page 12 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

McPherson sacked

TRVMP

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, TheGoon said:

Didn’t Imrie come over and apologise that day?

I don’t remember too many being left or too much of a reaction that day, tbh. More a sort of stunned silence amongst the crowd. There’s an agenda to be pursued here though, so just give him it.

There are a lot of Morton fans who seem to be really enjoying the club’s current predicament.

Despite captaining a team to a horrible result and a relegation, very few Morton fans have a bad word to say about him, retcon about the fans hating him being complete fantasy. A few people might hold a grudge but they're in a tiny, tiny minority.

EOho8Pw.png

1 minute ago, TRVMP said:

Despite captaining a team to a horrible result and a relegation, very few Morton fans have a bad word to say about him, retcon about the fans hating him being complete fantasy. A few people might hold a grudge but they're in a tiny, tiny minority.

I hope that’s the case. Over the past couple weeks he certainly seems one of the more popular options going by comments made. The club badly needs a guy the fans will get behind, who is not going to divide the support from day 1 the way Duffy and McPherson did. 

Imrie did everything he could that season, including that game. 
Shiels was the wrong appointment for a relegation battle. 
If Imrie takes the attitude he had on the park into the managers role he could be the right one.

6 minutes ago, HeidTheBaw said:

I hope that’s the case. Over the past couple weeks he certainly seems one of the more popular options going by comments made. The club badly needs a guy the fans will get behind, who is not going to divide the support from day 1 the way Duffy and McPherson did. 

Imrie did everything he could that season, including that game. 
Shiels was the wrong appointment for a relegation battle. 
If Imrie takes the attitude he had on the park into the managers role he could be the right one.

I agree completely. If Imrie indeed is getting the job, I think he'll have some buy-in from day one. There'll be people who'd rather an old hand, but I bet he is given time by most fans.

EOho8Pw.png

Happy with this appointment if the rumour is true. Yeah it's a gamble but at this stage we could say the same for anyone who was appointed. I'm glad it's someone who will hopefully be their own person and be honest and upfront with the fans and players.

There's a storm on the horizon

And for that I can't see the sun

For I'll keep a waiting on the pavement

For the ice cream van to come

Would be glad it's not one of the usual names from the procession of losers.

Think he will be a welcome deviation from the 'poor little Morton' attitude.

Before you leave Livi Dougie - get Jack Hamilton's impending loan to Arbroath scrapped and give him a lift this direction.

Personally I'm not fussed either way about him being an ex-Morton player, it's his coaching reputation and attitude which make me think we've made a good appointment here. That said though, his reputation as a player really is something the club needs to capitalise on.

You've got a chance to rebuild the relationship between the club and fans through a manager a large proportion of the fanbase respect because of his playing career. It's not just a chance to turn things round on the pitch, they need to absolutely hammer this on social media and give us nothing but relentless positivity over the next few weeks.

Brian Wake my Lord, Brian Wake

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

9 hours ago, Jamie_M said:

Before you leave Livi Dougie - get Jack Hamilton's impending loan to Arbroath scrapped and give him a lift this direction.

Wait, what? Have I missed something?  Although maybe Derek Gaston is coming home…

"Any nation given the opportunity to regain its national sovereignty and which then rejects it is so far beneath contempt that it is hard to put words to it."

1 hour ago, Alibi said:

Wait, what? Have I missed something?  Although maybe Derek Gaston is coming home…

Livingston centre forward who was on loan at Arbroath last season Jack Hamilton, rather than our goalkeeper Jack Hamilton. Dick Campbell has said they'll be bringing him back in January when Nouble goes back to Livingston.

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

49 minutes ago, dunning1874 said:

Livingston centre forward who was on loan at Arbroath last season Jack Hamilton, rather than our goalkeeper Jack Hamilton. Dick Campbell has said they'll be bringing him back in January when Nouble goes back to Livingston.

Oh aye, I had forgotten about him.  Thought he would have been a good signing for us.

"Any nation given the opportunity to regain its national sovereignty and which then rejects it is so far beneath contempt that it is hard to put words to it."

Good luck Dougie. 

Hopefully a clean break from the 'old regime' and fingers crossed for some results on the park, which are much needed to calm tensions. 

I believe we have a squad that are good enough to win games, not just draw them, and finish ahead of, at least, QoS and Ayr. Hopefully relatively comfortably. And if Dunfermline and Hamilton don't get their act together, lets take 8 or 10 points off them in the 2nd half of the season. 

And that starts on Boxing Day!

12 minutes ago, dunning1874 said:

Quite happy with this, bit of a gamble but I think he has a bit more about him.

Like Gerrard, it could go either way. Sadly (for the rest of us) it went the right way for the Orcs. Hope this goes the right way for us.

Archived