McPherson sacked - Page 9 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

McPherson sacked

TRVMP

3 minutes ago, capitanus said:

is it really though?

What happens if he comes and it doesnt work out, or even if it does and he gets his head turned by a Falkirk or a Dunfermline the next time they're due to empty their manager?

ETA: Its hypothetical though, it wont happen.

That would at least mean our furtunes had improved.

Won't happen anyway. Shitebag board will put a mate in again.

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, capitanus said:

is it really though?

What happens if he comes and it doesnt work out, or even if it does and he gets his head turned by a Falkirk or a Dunfermline the next time they're due to empty their manager?

ETA: Its hypothetical though, it wont happen.

Rajamaki is far less likely to get his head turned by a gubbins outfit like 'Falkirk' than the likes of Brian Rice or whatever ol' yeller candidate you were touting before. They have no connection or understanding of the potential of this once-proud football club - it is nothing other than a holding strategy for them. 

Your point is in fact an argument directly against appointing anyone from Scottish football's merry-go-round. They are ultimately mercenaries and when you don't pay comparable to the rest of the full-time game (to the manager or squad budget) then they will slither out the door. 

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

1 hour ago, TheGoon said:

Rutkiewicz is at Cappielow. Worthy of an interview, but I really don’t think he’d be getting so heavily linked if he hadn’t played for us. Would be a properly uninspiring appointment. 

If we're running a recruitment strategy with a degree of ambition and imagination, he really isn't. He would barely get into the top ten for this job and would struggle to get a gig above the fourth tier of the SPFL anywhere else. 

I'm not saying he's a proven dud, but he hasn't done even remotely enough to merit a hearing as well as the confidence to seriously consider him for the post. 

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

11 minutes ago, vikingTON said:

Rajamaki is far less likely to get his head turned by a gubbins outfit like 'Falkirk' than the likes of Brian Rice or whatever ol' yeller candidate you were touting before. They have no connection or understanding of the potential of this once-proud football club - it is nothing other than a holding strategy for them. 

Your point is in fact an argument directly against appointing anyone from Scottish football's merry-go-round. They are ultimately mercenaries and when you don't pay comparable to the rest of the full-time game (to the manager or squad budget) then they will slither out the door. 

The two people that I had mentioned:

Tony Docherty with Derek McInnes as no.2 is as unlikely as Rajamaki, however would be the dream appointment; and Eric Dyer, also a very unlikely candidate but you must surely concede they were decent alternative shouts especially as the suggestions from some of those on here include goofballs like Brian Rice. Paul Sheerin and Kevin Rutkiewicz.

Anyway, why do you have such a hard-on for Rajamaki?  Is that Brain Woke character so 2019 nowadays?

*insert signature here*

1 hour ago, TheGoon said:

Rutkiewicz is at Cappielow. Worthy of an interview, but I really don’t think he’d be getting so heavily linked if he hadn’t played for us. Would be a properly uninspiring appointment. 

Any other sightings of potential managers, at Cappielow today?

35 minutes ago, capitanus said:

The two people that I had mentioned:

Tony Docherty with Derek McInnes as no.2 is as unlikely as Rajamaki, however would be the dream appointment; and Eric Dyer, also a very unlikely candidate but you must surely concede they were decent alternative shouts especially as the suggestions from some of those on here include goofballs like Brian Rice. Paul Sheerin and Kevin Rutkiewicz.

Anyway, why do you have such a hard-on for Rajamaki?  Is that Brain Woke character so 2019 nowadays?

Except they're clearly not 'as unlikely' as Rajamaki, as neither have yet filled a Tele back page with their pitch to take the job. 

You also haven't explained why they would be more impervious to jumping ship to a club offering greater resources somewhere down the line than Rajamaki - who is not seeing the club as nothing other than a holding position on his CV. 

11 minutes ago, vikingTON said:

Except they're clearly not 'as unlikely' as Rajamaki, as neither have yet filled a Tele back page with their pitch to take the job. 

You also haven't explained why they would be more impervious to jumping ship to a club offering greater resources somewhere down the line than Rajamaki - who is not seeing the club as nothing other than a holding position on his CV. 

Oh, the smelly Tele has an exclusive then.  That must mean it's gonna happen.

Thanks for playing champ.

Next.

*insert signature here*

26 minutes ago, capitanus said:

Oh, the smelly Tele has an exclusive then.  That must mean it's gonna happen.

Thanks for playing champ.

Next.

There's a reason why the Tele have an exclusive back page interview with Rajamaki about the vacant Morton job, while neither of your picks are to be seen. One of the three is seriously interested in the role - the other two are not. 

This is extremely straightforward stuff and how local journalism works. See also Imrie's puff piece from last week. 

1 hour ago, vikingTON said:

There's a reason why the Tele have an exclusive back page interview with Rajamaki about the vacant Morton job, while neither of your picks are to be seen. One of the three is seriously interested in the role - the other two are not. 

This is extremely straightforward stuff and how local journalism works. See also Imrie's puff piece from last week. 

Aye okay, i'll look it out along with John Gisbey's "column" then.  ::lol:

*insert signature here*

1 hour ago, capitanus said:

Aye okay, i'll look it out along with John Gisbey's "column" then.  ::lol:

^^^ verge of tears

That 'Tony (sp. editor) Docherty' shout has really caught fire. People can't stop talking about that revelation. :lol:

Have you considered that Tony Docherty has never applied for a job because he has absolutely no interest in being a manager?

Anyway, whoever gets the job, their number one task is ridding that squad of their absolutely outrageous and baseless persecution complex. This 'why are the big bad fans so mean to us' attitude oozing out of the pores of the Robbie Muirheads of the world is indicative of a group of players who want everything to be someone else's fault. Alan Lithgow throwing in three of the six goals we conceded yesterday is because people are being mean to him, not because he's a fucking shite excuse for a footballer.

As long as the players have this siege mentality that blames someone else for their own uselessness, they aren't going to take any responsibility for the mess they have put themselves in with their own incompetence.

I'd love to see the treatment Neil Warnock would give them if he was to walk into training and hear a guy who's scored two goals in 46 games against Championship opposition whining about the big bad fans being mean to him.

Brian Wake my Lord, Brian Wake

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

3 hours ago, dunning1874 said:

I'd love to see the treatment Neil Warnock would give them if he was to walk into training and hear a guy who's scored two goals in 46 games against Championship opposition whining about the big bad fans being mean to him.

Me and my pal spoke about this last night. It's highly unlikely Warnock comes in, but someone with his no nonsense attitude is exactly what we need. These "big personalities" in the team need brought down a few levels and/or get rid of them. A manager that's going to take this team by the scruff of it's neck. 

Duffy may have been the only manager in recent times that I remember the players having any form of respect for as their manager and not as "a good guy".

I'd be happy if rajamaki or rutkiwiecz (sp) got the job until the end of the season. From the list of names mentioned so far it's a bit different from the usual managerial merry go round. The board have to be very implicit in their expectations though. Not entirely sure that will happen.

There's a storm on the horizon

And for that I can't see the sun

For I'll keep a waiting on the pavement

For the ice cream van to come

The shortlist as i seen in a whatsapp group (credibility questionable, but not really given its Morton. In no order:

• Dougie Imrie
  • Darren Young 
  • Joe McGlaughlin
  • Brian Reid 
  • Kevin Rutkiewicz

Uninspiring, but from that i'd take the gamble on Imrie. Hypocritical/Ironic as we don't need gambles but he intrigues me.

TIME FOR CHANGE!

18 minutes ago, TONofmemories said:

The shortlist as i seen in a whatsapp group (credibility questionable, but not really given its Morton. In no order:

• Dougie Imrie
  • Darren Young 
  • Joe McGlaughlin
  • Brian Reid 
  • Kevin Rutkiewicz

Uninspiring, but from that i'd take the gamble on Imrie. Hypocritical/Ironic as we don't need gambles but he intrigues me.

Jesus.

Fuck it, take Rutkiewicz - stuck £5 on him at 16/1 when he left Stirling. 

Brian Reid should be no where near the job. Shocked he's even being interview (if true). It would suggest the applications were as grim as expected.

On 12/12/2021 at 7:42 AM, dunning1874 said:

Have you considered that Tony Docherty has never applied for a job because he has absolutely no interest in being a manager?

Anyway, whoever gets the job, their number one task is ridding that squad of their absolutely outrageous and baseless persecution complex. This 'why are the big bad fans so mean to us' attitude oozing out of the pores of the Robbie Muirheads of the world is indicative of a group of players who want everything to be someone else's fault. Alan Lithgow throwing in three of the six goals we conceded yesterday is because people are being mean to him, not because he's a fucking shite excuse for a footballer.

As long as the players have this siege mentality that blames someone else for their own uselessness, they aren't going to take any responsibility for the mess they have put themselves in with their own incompetence.

Apologies Craig, never saw this till just now.  Anyway, the bit in bold, I reckon that its only a matter of time before he gets his first management role, and it will either be at a club at our level or a fringe Premier club.  I've no idea if he has applied for any manager posts, nor have you I suppose, but he has a very good history - Schools Football, Youth Football, Reserves Coaching, First Team Coach, then Assistant Manager in the premier for over a decade - someone who has earned his move in to a management role if that's what he wants.  From the outside looking in, we aren't the most attractive prospect for a new manager though.

Anyway I'm just a guy on a messageboard and have no influence over such matters, but thats who I would like to see at Cappielow.  It wont be him though.

*insert signature here*

7 minutes ago, ChampTon said:

Jesus.

Fuck it, take Rutkiewicz - stuck £5 on him at 16/1 when he left Stirling. 

Brian Reid should be no where near the job. Shocked he's even being interview (if true). It would suggest the applications were as grim as expected.

Why should Brian Reid be 'nowhere near the job'?

Interested.

*insert signature here*

Archived