TheMortonForum.com

McPherson sacked

TRVMP

Goodbye and thanks for all the varicose veins. 

• Upvote 1

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

Hopefully bring in someone who sees us as a stepping stone to a bigger club and not another failed merry-go-round manager delighted to get a final full time wage. 

• Upvote 2

Good people will do good things, bad people will do bad things, but only with religion do good people do bad things!

32.gif

Good to see him gone, and it’s absolutely the correct decision, but I’m terrified to see who the incompetents in the boardroom have lined up for the next TTG campaign.

Incidentally, as long as it doesn't adversely affect Morton. Good luck to Gus in the future. It didn’t work out for him but in the few dealings I had with him he came across as a thoroughly decent guy.

Although maybe he’s used up all his luck with that handsome pay off.

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, Toby said:

Good to see him gone, and it’s absolutely the correct decision, but I’m terrified to see who the incompetents in the boardroom have lined up for the next TTG campaign.

Incidentally, as long as it doesn't adversely affect Morton. Good luck to Gus in the future. It didn’t work out for him but in the few dealings I had with him he came across as a thoroughly decent guy.

Although maybe he’s used up all his luck with that handsome pay off.

Never dealt with him but I'd agree with that. As my previous reply alludes to, I think the current mindset at the club is far bigger than just lying with him. He didn't do himself any favors but his attitude followed that of those above him, who need to have a right good look at themselves before appointing the next manager. 

EOho8Pw.png

I was thinking today during the game that there's literally no other full time club in Scotland that would be happy to settle for avoiding relegation in the championship at the beginning of a season, so there's no way Morton should either. 

• Upvote 1

Good people will do good things, bad people will do bad things, but only with religion do good people do bad things!

32.gif

6 minutes ago, port-ton said:

I was thinking today during the game that there's literally no other full time club in Scotland that would be happy to settle for avoiding relegation in the championship at the beginning of a season, so there's no way Morton should either. 

Yup, that's how tinpot we've become under MCT, and even before that to be fair. How the fuck do they expect to get fans excited and engaged when the limit of our ambitions is to finish 8th? So much about the current direction of the club is deeply worrying. Let's see how the recruitment of a new manager goes, but given MCT's track record to date, I'm not super optimistic they'll get this one right either.

Edited by Cet Homme Charmant

Off you fuck Gus. You useless cunt. 

Get someone in who has a real hunger and desire to build a reputation in the game.

• Downvote 2

There's a storm on the horizon

And for that I can't see the sun

For I'll keep a waiting on the pavement

For the ice cream van to come

Yeah, I don’t really hold anything against Gus and despite the “personal” abuse today, it was more fans that’d just completely had enough and needed a way to show it. Doubt anyone here wishes him any ill will. 

Credit to whoever bit the bullet and ended this farce. It took longer than I wanted but I'll not complain too much about that.

Next decision will be monumental and it's not one to get wrong. Hopefully the board will be seeking advice and looking to cast the net outwith the collection of usual dinosaurs, has beens and never were's that make up the bottom feeding sewer of Scottish football. 

Energy, commitment and a desire to set standards beyond survival are pre-requisites.

15 minutes ago, Mr.Blue said:

Off you fuck Gus. You useless cunt. 

Get someone in who has a real hunger and desire to build a reputation in the game.

Ouch, bit harsh. He's a bad football manager and had to go, but from what I've seen and heard I think he's a decent bloke, so calling him a cunt is out of order, IMO. He didn't award himself a 2 year contract after all.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1