TheMortonForum.com
advertisement_alt

3 minutes ago, Jamie_M said:

Why...

Well they already abused the furlough scheme so nothing ruled out.

Quite serious allegations to be chucking out!

• Downvote 1
  • Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hello everybody its been a few weeks, looks like nothing has changed...same old patter. Jim McAlister is retiring topic starts and just over an hour later the first reply of the Rae/GC and the us

There's complete cynicism from the support about Golden Casket's motives in everything they do. That cynicism is entirely down to their own management of the club over the last 20 years, with the last

The point I'm making CHC The election was stolen, we hear over and over and over.........without a shread of evidence that can be substantiated, provided or held up in Court. Yeah but it's a fact

Posted Images

On Jim - he’s got an off field role at another club. Understandable at his career stage to take the opportunity.

Just now, Jamie_M said:

Then Ewan Boyle situation was an abuse of furlough.

I don’t think it was but been round the houses on that.

And there’s a long way from there to trousering half a million pounds!

7 minutes ago, cmdc said:

On Jim - he’s got an off field role at another club. Understandable at his career stage to take the opportunity.

Have you got a source on that?

5 minutes ago, Renfrew said:

Have you got a source on that?

Was in the paper today. Can’t remember which - at the end of an article about MacKinnon leaving. 

If only we'd the cash to bring in a backup goalie, even on a part time basis, for 3 months.

Peter Weatherson is the greatest player since Ritchie, and should be assigned 'chairman for life' 

onsP5NR.jpg

Yeah sure, it’s obvious fans are cynical about the running of the club. I just think there’s a huge leap from ‘the club has been badly run’ to ‘the owners are stealing half a million pounds’. The former is a reasonable debate. The latter is a serious allegation.

I assume that with match day income significantly reduced the £500k is being used to stabilise what was previously described by MCT as a perilous financial position. 

• Like 1
  • Downvote 2

It isn't fair to assume that the Raes are pocketing a government grant. On the other hand, it also isn't reasonable to just assume that the current owners will act entirely selflessly and in the club's best interests.

The owners need the fans to take the club off their hands. They need the government grant. It isn't unreasonable to expect more transparency (and less spin) than is usually the case with the Raes, given the circumstances.

• Upvote 2
1 hour ago, cmdc said:

I assume that with match day income significantly reduced the £500k is being used to stabilise what was previously described by MCT as a perilous financial position. 

In what ways are they doing this? Six employees were asked to leave during Hopkin's showdown meeting before this windfall was announced - six employees have left regardless. 

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

21 minutes ago, Stevie Aitken's Love Child said:

tenor-3.gif

I am fully assimilated. Found myself saying 'pop the trunk' instead of 'open the boot' the other day.

The stadium was just resting in my account