Dundee Utd vs Morton - Page 6 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Dundee Utd vs Morton

Jamie_M

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This isn't the 1980s anymore, teacher.

True - it feels like the early 90s after that result today.

McGhee needs some support, there's no-one backing him up.
Hayes playing it forward, Bell being forced to do it all alone, now forward from Marr, here's Ritchie, still Andy Ritchie, look at the control...

That is a marvellous goal from Andy Ritchie. Twenty minutes on the clock and Morton's supporters come alive. A goal which epitomises the control, the arrogance, the cheek of Andy Ritchie.

Yet despite that result, we are still sitting 5th.  Shows that it's better to win one and lose one than draw 2 games.  We are on target to finish 5th with 54 points and a goal difference of about -46.

"Any nation given the opportunity to regain its national sovereignty and which then rejects it is so far beneath contempt that it is hard to put words to it."

You’ve clearly not seen the rest of this joke division.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

Yet despite that result, we are still sitting 5th. Shows that it's better to win one and lose one than draw 2 games. We are on target to finish 5th with 54 points and a goal difference of about -46.

Aye 3 points are definitely better than 2....

Could he survive another result like that? Fully expect we’ll find out soon enough.

The target this season is to avoid the drop, and we're on track for that. They aren't going to bin him, and frankly nor should they.

EOho8Pw.png

Could he survive another result like that? Fully expect we’ll find out soon enough.

If we’re sitting 8th or above it’ll be considered a successful season. The odd drubbing won’t be a big deal, as long as we’re not in the bottom two. Do worry what our crowds are going to be like this season.

"When the seagulls follow the trawler, it's because they think sardines will be thrown into the sea."

Just seeing what our starting 11 was today. Seriously, Millar and McAlister in central midfield!? Zero pace in the middle of the park, against probably the most mobile team in the league. Thats just madness... c’mon Davie, never again!

"When the seagulls follow the trawler, it's because they think sardines will be thrown into the sea."

The problem wasnt the defence. The problem was he changed the midfield and put the two slowest players in the league in centre. They offered no protection to the defence and both being defensive mids offered absolutely nothing to attack. Slightly improved in second half when he subbed miller.

Are Millar and McAlister really slower than Lyon and Blues? I'm not defending those players in general, but we've got plenty of slow players - and looking at the goals yesterday there are plenty of problems.

It seems clear that our full backs were targeted as weak points.

I get that Millar’s the scapegoat of choice for the moment, but it’s a bit of a stretch to say the defence isn’t the problem when you’ve got centre backs taking clear air swipes at simple clearances and full backs vanishing whenever someone runs at them.

The midfield is obviously part of the problem, but I’m not having that McAlister or Millar were more to blame than the defence or Rogers yesterday.

Brian Wake my Lord, Brian Wake

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

Just seeing what our starting 11 was today. Seriously, Millar and McAlister in central midfield!? Zero pace in the middle of the park, against probably the most mobile team in the league. Thats just madness... c’mon Davie, never again!

Fingers must've been itching all day to post that.

Actually feel a bit sorry for Millar now. I would never fault his effort, but his legs don’t do what they used to... you can see his frustration. Shouldn’t be there though, that’s the annoying thing.

Archived