Annan v The Famous - Page 4 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Annan v The Famous

vikingTON

Very clinical, good to see. 

Some great finishes in there, Muirhead took his very well.

Shame Jim got in the way from that well worked corner!

If only we could produce a highlights package like the mighty Annan!

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why can we not have highlights like that?

We looked great, could maybe do with being a wee bit more clinical but that can come over the season. Nesbitt’s going to be massive for us this season.

We were even more dominant than I thought at the time - that could have been double figures quite easily. Hopefully we'll land Berwick in one of the cups to smash our all-time record victory (well seeing that total fucking loser Ray 'Ray' McKinnon only managed three against them last night). 

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

Great to see us creating chances and finishing with some style and composure? Annan looked very poor but we did a lot to expose them rather than fannying about.

A couple of real defenders would be nice.

Great to see us creating chances and finishing with some style and composure? Annan looked very poor but we did a lot to expose them rather than fannying about.

A couple of real defenders would be nice.

Another 2x Peter Grant and we will win the league at a canter :lol:

We seem to have a lot of pace now. Last night's game was played at a high tempo much of the time and that is something we have lacked in recent seasons. We are no longer pedestrian. I'm told QoS lack pace, so there's your strategy for Saturday.

"Any nation given the opportunity to regain its national sovereignty and which then rejects it is so far beneath contempt that it is hard to put words to it."

The Motherwell game showed that we really don’t have much pace, particularly at the back, but with a direct style of play it takes less effort to get in behind an opponent than waiting for the one through ball in seventy slow, sideways passes.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

Interview with Hoppy in today's telegraph following the win at Annan. He finishes the interview by saying that we're still 2 or 3 players away from having a finished squad.

Glad he recognises that. Hopefully see some more movement soon.

I was looking at the squad last night and we've already got quite a few options. Another two or three decent signings and we should have a pretty decent side on our hands.

Every fan forum on P&B is eagerly awaiting a plethora of loan signings to boost their squad, something tells me this is going to be a risky and competitive market. Maybe the plus side for us is the approach we're taking with sports science which could be seen as a positive by the parent club if it gets the players' fitness level up.

Archived