Pre Season Tours and Fixtures - Page 6 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Pre Season Tours and Fixtures

capitanus

The site is a security hazard. I strongly advise anyone logged into it to change their password to something unique (i.e. something that isn't shared with any other sites.) The one saving grace is that it doesn't seem to save your card info between transactions, so at least that is unlikely to be a problem - expired security certificate notwithstanding.

Still, pretty hilarious that the club still finds this acceptable. I had to try four different browsers before I found one that would load the 'seat map', which uses Adobe Flash - a platform that will be deprecated next year and is already unsupported by, as I say, many major browsers.

If you use mobile, on the other hand, there is a simple dropdown interface, which is miles better (although it doesn't explain the difference between 'CS' and 'SS'). You can even buy a ticket for the WDE for the Dumbarton game - is it going to be open?

Once again, minor things compared to the first team squad, but another set of examples about how the club just could not care less about its customers.

EOho8Pw.png

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The site is a security hazard. I strongly advise anyone logged into it to change their password to something unique (i.e. something that isn't shared with any other sites.) The one saving grace is that it doesn't seem to save your card info between transactions, so at least that is unlikely to be a problem - expired security certificate notwithstanding.

Still, pretty hilarious that the club still finds this acceptable. I had to try four different browsers before I found one that would load the 'seat map', which uses Adobe Flash - a platform that will be deprecated next year and is already unsupported by, as I say, many major browsers.

If you use mobile, on the other hand, there is a simple dropdown interface, which is miles better (although it doesn't explain the difference between 'CS' and 'SS'). You can even buy a ticket for the WDE for the Dumbarton game - is it going to be open?

Once again, minor things compared to the first team squad, but another set of examples about how the club just could not care less about its customers.

The website is an utter disaster. As you say, you have to go through several browsers to complete your task (and this can actually be a different browser depending on what you're trying to do - the last time I managed to find one which bypassed the stadium map page). The http(s) issue seems like a fairly major one. I actually found it to be inconsistent (I'm not sure how they managed that) - sometimes it had it for the login page, sometimes it didn't.

It's really not fit for purpose. More than once I've purchased tickets which were never delivered. I got my daughter a season ticket last season but it was never delivered. I got cup tickets for a game against Dumbarton a couple of seasons ago which were never delivered.

/

The website is an utter disaster. As you say, you have to go through several browsers to complete your task (and this can actually be a different browser depending on what you're trying to do - the last time I managed to find one which bypassed the stadium map page). The http(s) issue seems like a fairly major one. I actually found it to be inconsistent (I'm not sure how they managed that) - sometimes it had it for the login page, sometimes it didn't.

It's really not fit for purpose. More than once I've purchased tickets which were never delivered. I got my daughter a season ticket last season but it was never delivered. I got cup tickets for a game against Dumbarton a couple of seasons ago which were never delivered.

For a laugh I tried the 2019-20 season ticket option just there. I'm already logged into the site, on the homepage. I click the season ticket banner. Under 'Your Existing Memberships' I can see 'Website Membership - Perpetual Product'. So I click 'Buy Season Cards / Other Memberships', at which point I get this:

snEdeay.png

At the bottom of the page I can see my brother's info. A note on that: I had to re-register for the site today because, try as I might, I was unable to reset my password for my old account; no matter which permutation of my postcode I tried, it simply wouldn't let me rest it. So I registered completely anew - separate email address, physical address, the lot. I used my old address back in Scotland, where my brother still lives. I don't actually live there. But now I can see my brother's info and, should I choose to, 'quick renew' his season book from last year (the one purchase option that actually works.)

This seems very odd to me in light of the GDPR agreement and older data protection laws. The GDPR does allow for third-party information sharing, true, but these have to be enumerated in a privacy notice. The GDPR agreement on login refers to such a notice, but if it's available on the site, I can't see it. Furthermore, as I said, I was able to enter an address at which I haven't lived for a decade, and then see the first and last name and the season ticket info (area of ground, seat number) of its occupants. No big deal when he's in the terracing, as he is, but if I wanted to know where someone sat in the main stand, and I looked up their address in the phone book or online, I'd be able to do so simply by registering. That seems, on its face, a fairly massive breach of data protection.

So to be clear: I think knowing where people in your household sit, and whether or not they've renewed yet, is a justifiable service for a football club to offer. I don't think taking no steps to verify whether or not I'm rightfully accessing that information is justifiable.

I'm not a lawyer but it's my (call it uneducated if you wish) opinion that Morton are playing with fire here under the information sharing and information security provisions of the Data Protection Act, not to mention the GDPR itself.

Club fluffers will be absolutely raging once again that someone's had the temerity to point this stuff out, but just be thankful that it's a blowhard on a message board doing it and not the regulators themselves, who absolutely do not fuck about.

EOho8Pw.png

So I registered completely anew - separate email address, physical address, the lot. I used my old address back in Scotland, where my brother still lives. I don't actually live there. But now I can see my brother's info and, should I choose to, 'quick renew' his season book from last year (the one purchase option that actually works.)

Yep, that's what happened with me. It might not be the most important information in the world, but it's still not acceptable for it to be freely available. 

AWMSC

To continue banging this drum, I just looked at my email, and the confirmation I got for signing up begins as follows:

Subject: Greenock Morton FC Purchase

(a broken image goes here)

Thank you for purchasing or renewing your 2017-2018 season ticket on the Greenock Morton Ticket Website www.gmfctickets.co.uk

Your purchase history can by found in the "MY ACCOUNT" page at gmfctickets.co.uk

The details of the transaction are as follows:

Then the transaction details, complete with the area of the stadium for my season ticket of two seasons ago that I didn't buy.

EOho8Pw.png

To continue banging this drum, I just looked at my email, and the confirmation I got for signing up begins as follows: Subject: Greenock Morton FC Purchase Then the transaction details, complete with the area of the stadium for my season ticket of two seasons ago that I didn't buy.

I renewed last week and got a similar generic email, what I would like I sent confirmation that my card has been activated (if that’s the right term) for the coming season as I don’t want to turn up for the first league game to find it doesn’t work. Although I have to say that I’ve never had a problem with it before, would just like that confirmation safety net.

I spoke to Ironman about the site and was told there were no known issues. He was perplexed, I thought it was an amateurish mess that put off people like me buying tickets. I was promised it would be looked into...

Maybe worth informing the new CEO, trumpy? I know you shouldn't have to but this would be a good test to see how receptive he is to making changes and listening to what people are saying.

It really is tragic that people on a message board are picking holes all over the place in just about everything Morton do.

TIME FOR CHANGE!

There's serious questions to be asked of how this chancer managed to get the contract in the first place - much like with Johansson, surely somebody so wildly incompetent should be weeded out before doling out contracts - but at this stage of the game they should be suing the cunt for his ineptitude. Two years on and he still hasn't produced a working system.

AWMSC

Maybe worth informing the new CEO, trumpy? I know you shouldn't have to but this would be a good test to see how receptive he is to making changes and listening to what people are saying.

It really is tragic that people on a message board are picking holes all over the place in just about everything Morton do.

Long story short, I'm not willing to do this one-on-one with the club because that's consultancy, and if I'm consulting I want to be paid for it. Anything I post here is fair game for others to send to them if they want to.

EOho8Pw.png

It's the biggest bag of shite I've ever seen. It needs binned. The guy that sold the product is a chancer. These things need done by professionals.

It's like asking me to build you a house.

I blame the guy(s) who agreed to introduce it to cappielow. Surely they had a demo of it. Then again, you just need to look at the rest of our IT to see how valued it is at the club.

I do all my banking and most other things online nowadays, and buying tickets is generally fairly straightforward from most places.  However that website is appalling.  I think I have 2 accounts set up but I've abandoned them as the website just doesn't work, certainly not with Chrome, and the time taken to buy a ticket through it would be greater than the 30 seconds it takes to walk up Sinclair Street and buy a paper ticket from the ticket office.

If they want to have online purchasing of tickets they need to scrap that website and start again from scratch.  Or maybe just do what most other clubs seem to do and have a ticket office that can cope with demand on the day.  And sue that scouser, who appears to be a con man from the days before the internet was invented.

"Any nation given the opportunity to regain its national sovereignty and which then rejects it is so far beneath contempt that it is hard to put words to it."

Archived