ton v alloa - Page 14 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

ton v alloa

beetee

• Replies 427
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just curious but anyone know why Robert Thomson has not been in squad for the last 2 games.His height alone I thought would merit inclusion.Thought his recent contributions were decent and a good foil for Kiltie.No mention of him being injured from what I see from earlier posts.

Just curious but anyone know why Robert Thomson has not been in squad for the last 2 games.His height alone I thought would merit inclusion.Thought his recent contributions were decent and a good foil for Kiltie.No mention of him being injured from what I see from earlier posts.

Probably because he's pish and doesn't put any effort in.

Except that your youth academy has delivered precisely £0 in transfer revenue and your under-10 futsal ‘community programs’ are irrelevant in terms of building a fanbase when most of the adults in the room can also see that the club is a totally rudderless ship that they no longer wish to support with their hard-earned cash. Which also happens to be the exact same conclusions that have led Golden Casket to offload the club ASAP.

But aye, so long as Iron Man’s precious ‘league survival’ target is secured for next season then I’m sure that Emirati investors will be queuing round the block to take us over instead.

Whether it's good or bad really isn't the point. The point is that if anyone comes in they have an infrastructure there to work from.

The legacy of the Raes would be they saved the club, mismanaged it for 20 years and had some ups and downs along the way but ultimately left it in a better position then they got it in albeit it's probably our natural position and we've never really looked like progressing.

There obviously needs to be change but the club is there to be taken and it's not in a terrible position in the grand scheme of things for someone to start afresh.

Since the end of December we've scored nil or 1 in every game. ****ing howling.

This is the one of the biggest points for me. Up to the win against Ross County, JJ had a 31% win rate, had to deal with an error prone defence, and had the transfer window to make some changes. He was failing, we were playing poor stuff, but he could at least point to his defensive set-up scraping out some wins and ask for patience while he brought in reinforcements (not that many fans were at all convinced by that). But we've only squeezed out a handful of draws and one win since then. The transfer window helped nothing. We have scored 12 goals in our last 20 league matches. JJ has made the choice to play the way he has decided to - the way we are playing means we are not likely to score and we are still conceding far too many goals. It is not working. It is leading us to relegation. 

We're still making dumbfounding errors at the back, and we're not scoring goals. JJ has sorted out none of our problems and is only making us worse. 

This is the one of the biggest points for me. Up to the win against Ross County, JJ had a 31% win rate, had to deal with an error prone defence, and had the transfer window to make some changes. He was failing, we were playing poor stuff, but he could at least point to his defensive set-up scraping out some wins and ask for patience while he brought in reinforcements (not that many fans were at all convinced by that). But we've only squeezed out a handful of draws and one win since then. The transfer window helped nothing. We have scored 12 goals in our last 20 league matches. JJ has made the choice to play the way he has decided to - the way we are playing means we are not likely to score and we are still conceding far too many goals. It is not working. It is leading us to relegation. 

We're still making dumbfounding errors at the back, and we're not scoring goals. JJ has sorted out none of our problems and is only making us worse. 

Buttttttttt, puppet Hawke says our defence is something to be proud of and a real positive of JJ's reign. It must be true. 

TIME FOR CHANGE!

There's many remarkably bad things about Johansson, but contriving to make the area of the team you claim to be focussing on such a disaster is pretty spectacular. It's astonishing just how badly it's went, the entire team has become so much worse collectively and individually since he came in. It's got even worse since January when he brought in his own "I'm fussy and don't rush in" Dream Team.

I've said this before, but I think it comes down to a mixture of ignorance, arrogance and indifference. From day one it was clear he was a dud and you could see the players weren't sure what they were meant to be doing leading to the hammerings against Ayr etc. Rather than acknowledge any sort of culpability in those results, Johansson clearly decided that it was everybody else's fault for not being good enough leading to the "everybody's just trying to survive" type comments and the preposterous "defensive changes" (which Houston apparently proposed) and all this rubbish about "hungrier" young players being better options.

It's never occurred to Johansson that the Championship is professional league full of teams who want to win and whose players are mostly better than the mediocrities that make up Rangers' youth team. His attitude to the job, the club and the league is an absolute disgrace and it speaks volumes about Rae and Hawke's own mentality that they've tolerated it and even think it has been "sublime".

It's a s***e state of affairs and it's clear now that there's no future for the club in any relevant sense unless there's a change of leadership and ownership. 

AWMSC

Bin this idiot. The worst we’ve ever had, just doesn’t have a clue.

In my lifetime, the custodian of that particular accolade was safely in the hands of Willie McLean. He was truly dreadful, and unsurprisingly he never managed again after his one abysmal season with us. We've had more than our fair share of duffers since then of course, but none till now have come close to Willie when it came to levels of sheer ineptitude and incompetence.

I never thought we'd have anyone as bad as him at the helm ever again, but seems like I may have been be wrong.

I’ve just noticed in the next two weekends Alloa play Queens and then Thistle. That means the teams below us are guaranteed to pick up points m. If we lose to Falkirk next Saturday there’s every chance we’re going down automatically. They also have Dunfermline on a Saturday which is a winnable one.

I’ve just noticed in the next two weekends Alloa play Queens and then Thistle. That means the teams below us are guaranteed to pick up points m. If we lose to Falkirk next Saturday there’s every chance we’re going down automatically. They also have Dunfermline on a Saturday which is a winnable one.

We could potentially relegate Falkirk a week on Saturday, or they could put us in bottom place. Our biggest hope is that Falkirk lose this weekend and we manage a couple of draws in the next two games. That might just save us from bottom place.

We need to be avoiding both bottom spot and the play-off spot. We won't win a play-off.

Absolutely. We need to hope that one of the other teams collapse as well. Maybe QotS. It might be best for us if Alloa just continue this run of form.

Alloa's highlights. The penalty looked like our players fouled each other.

That 2nd goal is a fucking shocker.

http://youtu.be/y14uJxpx1vs

McGhee needs some support, there's no-one backing him up.
Hayes playing it forward, Bell being forced to do it all alone, now forward from Marr, here's Ritchie, still Andy Ritchie, look at the control...

That is a marvellous goal from Andy Ritchie. Twenty minutes on the clock and Morton's supporters come alive. A goal which epitomises the control, the arrogance, the cheek of Andy Ritchie.

First goal. Commentator pinpoints Mcallister as ball watching. McCrorie doesn't exactly covered himself in glory either, but Graham had the space and time to control the ball, turn (like a tractor) and then shoot (under the goal and thru Buchanan)

Oliver miss in the first half by the way......

First goal. Commentator pinpoints Mcallister as ball watching. McCrorie doesn't exactly covered himself in glory either, but Graham had the space and time to control the ball, turn (like a tractor) and then shoot (under the goal and thru Buchanan)

Oliver miss in the first half by the way......

McCrorie looked promising when he arrived. 

Now we've somehow turned him into a Morton keeper - punching the ball to opposition players, goal-kicks going into touch etc..

McGhee needs some support, there's no-one backing him up.
Hayes playing it forward, Bell being forced to do it all alone, now forward from Marr, here's Ritchie, still Andy Ritchie, look at the control...

That is a marvellous goal from Andy Ritchie. Twenty minutes on the clock and Morton's supporters come alive. A goal which epitomises the control, the arrogance, the cheek of Andy Ritchie.

Alloa's highlights. The penalty looked like our players fouled each other.

That 2nd goal is a ****ing shocker.

http://youtu.be/y14uJxpx1vs

They are both shockers. Kilday and Buchannan are the worst CBs in this league. Kilday might be the worst CB in FT football.*

*Jack Ireadale is also absolutely useless in defence.

Archived