ton v alloa - Page 16 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

ton v alloa

beetee

I've went on about this many times, but there's absolutely no way he sat in that interview room and produced a performance so convincing and inspiring that his complete and utter lack of any experience could be overlooked.

There were a few interviews early on where he offered a TV pundit analysis of games but it was never more than superficial. How on earth did he manage to get the job and a two year deal? If he could talk a good game he'd have shared the talent with us all at some point.

AWMSC

• Replies 427
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm loving that massively self-assured claim that the players were hiding. The team quite clearly needed freshening up before yesterday's game, which is why Alloa's part-time status wasn't a disadvantage at all in terms of fitness. Yet the only decision that the clown in the dugout has made over four games of football in ten days is to say 'same team again lads!' on a repeat loop. If you feel that certain players are 'hiding' during the match then replace them with substitutes. You didn't though: instead you hid in the dugout, emerging only to happy-clap balls getting shelled out of play. You also made no tactical changes at all until shoving Buchanan up front in the last ten minutes. 

The biggest culprits of 'hiding' in the entire ground, even including Iron Man and the rest of the board, are the two charlatans in the dugout. 

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

I'm loving that massively self-assured claim that the players were hiding. The team quite clearly needed freshening up before yesterday's game, which is why Alloa's part-time status wasn't a disadvantage at all in terms of fitness. Yet the only decision that the clown in the dugout has made over four games of football in ten days is to say 'same team again lads!' on a repeat loop. If you feel that certain players are 'hiding' during the match then replace them with substitutes. You didn't though: instead you hid in the dugout, emerging only to happy-clap balls getting shelled out of play. You also made no tactical changes at all until shoving Buchanan up front in the last ten minutes. 

The biggest culprits of 'hiding' in the entire ground, even including Iron Man and the rest of the board, are the two charlatans in the dugout. 

the players were fabuluous lol

Crawford needs to communicate more with the fans, he should actively be seeking fresh investment /buy out of the club and

He's said the debt will be written off, the club won't be run at a loss and the club is there to be taken off him. He also said he's looking to getting investment.

There's pretty much a for sale sign on the door so anyone that is willing or has an interest will know. It's now on them to make a move. If the Easdales don't come in now, they never will.

Whether it's good or bad really isn't the point. The point is that if anyone comes in they have an infrastructure there to work from.

Why would they care about whether a youth setup that has delivered precisely £0 in revenue exists or not? Just because you think that some beloved pet projects are worthwhile does not make them even remotely relevant to a potential investor. None of that 'infrastructure' adds value to the club nor increases its turnover. 

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

Why would they care about whether a youth setup that has delivered precisely £0 in revenue exists or not? Just because you think that some beloved pet projects are worthwhile does not make them even remotely relevant to a potential investor. None of that 'infrastructure' adds value to the club nor increases its turnover. 

The Community Trust does make a contribution to turnover by renting office and facility space at Cappielow (at a commercial rate that's in line with local office/facility space).

Never known a manager who is so keen to throw his players under a bus. How many of the great man's January signings have made an impact or made us better?

See, I would’ve said McCrorie a couple of weeks ago but even he seems to be going backwards, and his distribution was never great to begin with.

The Community Trust does make a contribution to turnover by renting office and facility space at Cappielow (at a commercial rate that's in line with local office/facilities).

Yes I'm sure that some fatties doing their workout on the pitch will form an integral part of any hard-nosed investor's plans for the club. 

He's said the debt will be written off, the club won't be run at a loss and the club is there to be taken off him. He also said he's looking to getting investment.

There's pretty much a for sale sign on the door so anyone that is willing or has an interest will know. It's now on them to make a move. If the Easdales don't come in now, they never will.

Indeed. If somebody wants the club with good intentions then the summer's really the time to do it. If anybody wants to wait until we're further along our current route, I'd be suspicious about them: if you want the club to succeed on and off the pitch, you're not going to wait until it's lurking about the third tier with about 40 fans each week before getting involved.

AWMSC

correct

Indeed. If somebody wants the club with good intentions then the summer's really the time to do it. If anybody wants to wait until we're further along our current route, I'd be suspicious about them: if you want the club to succeed on and off the pitch, you're not going to wait until it's lurking about the third tier with about 40 fans each week before getting involved.

only if the price is rigyt surely

In what state was the club in when Douglas Rae took over, how many people were going to games back then and why didn't he do so when it was more solidly established in the second tier than this current omnishambles?

The sort of people who are rich enough to invest in a football club have usually got plenty of other matters on their plate as well. This idea that just slapping up a For Sale sign will flush out all potential investors in the space of three months and that anyone else coming after that is probably an asset-stripper is nonsense. The timing of any takeover will be determined far more by the other commitments and support secured of the buyer(s) rather than which division we're in; and far less the laughable idea that GC is currently presenting the club at its prime investment potential when that just isn't the case at all. 

Never known a manager who is so keen to throw his players under a bus. How many of the great man's January signings have made an impact or made us better?

He's in the tele today saying he's been protecting the players all season but can't do it anymore. He's been throwing them under the bus from his first few weeks in the job.

He's so delusional it's unreal.

Good people will do good things, bad people will do bad things, but only with religion do good people do bad things!

32.gif

In what state was the club in when Douglas Rae took over, how many people were going to games back then and why didn't he do so when it was more solidly established in the second tier than this current omnishambles?

The sort of people who are rich enough to invest in a football club have usually got plenty of other matters on their plate as well. This idea that just slapping up a For Sale sign will flush out all potential investors in the space of three months and that anyone else coming after that is probably an asset-stripper is nonsense. The timing of any takeover will be determined far more by the other commitments and support secured of the buyer(s) rather than which division we're in; and far less the laughable idea that GC is currently presenting the club at its prime investment potential when that just isn't the case at all. 

the easdails are jist waiting till the price drops lol

Archived