ton v alloa - Page 13 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

ton v alloa

beetee

• Replies 427
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In reality, not a lot has changed. We started the night 4 from bottom, we remain 4 from bottom. We've burned our game in hand (and given Partick one) but it wasn't actually a 'must win'. Nothing was decided tonight.

Alloa, battling for their lives, just beat Ross County and then Falkirk. Beating our gutless lot was a stick on tonight.

We are in freefall but so are Queens (who also lost Dobbie to injury tonight, hopefully for the rest of the season) and Falkirk can't buy a win because McKinnon is as big a shitebag as JJ.

Queens v Alloa on Saturday so they can't both win, Partick away to Ross County (who could be trying to win to clinch the league if Dundee Utd fail to beat Ayr on Friday) and Falkirk away to Dunfermline in their fake derby so Dunfermline likely to be going all out on Operation Falkirk Doon.

So little is likely to change on Saturday also bar us getting our game in hand back ahead of ICT next Tuesday.

9 Strathblane will be along to blame the fans soon.

Looking forward to that spin on things aswell! The big bad boo boys of the Cowshed are at it again.

Serious change is fucking needed. Absolutely had it.

The whole team, and the system is completely pedestrian. The balance in the midfield is wrong at the moment, amongst everything else that’s absolutely ****ed. I don’t see him as a particularly weak link no.

He has to hold onto the ball because no one will move for him, and that goes for all of the midfielders. He clearly isn’t as fast as he used to be but there is enough there that he is useful for us.

The reason we haven’t scored enough goals isn’t because of Millar FFS

Our build-up play has been painfully slow all season, Millar being a key contributor to that. Not the only reason we've struggled for goals of course, but been a big part of it.

"When the seagulls follow the trawler, it's because they think sardines will be thrown into the sea."

Our build-up play has been painfully slow all season, Millar being a key contributor to that. Not the only reason we've struggled for goals of course, but been a big part of it.

No he hasn't. It's been the lack of attacking options in front of him.

"CORNBEEF IS A BELLEND"

The absolute state of cunts on twitter saying this is what we get for punting Duffy ffs.

Duffy had to go end of story. He had two end of season disasters and was rightly punted what happened next Well we all know but keeping Duffy aws never the right thing to do.

Been a combination of both...

Millar has made a career out of playing as a defensive midfielder. If you told St Johnstone fans that you believe he is a major reason we don't score enough goals then they would absolutely laugh in your face.

Good people will do good things, bad people will do bad things, but only with religion do good people do bad things!

32.gif

Result makes Millar's tantrum and the team's wee pity party in the corner when we went ahead all the more embarrassingly tragic.

To think, some have been calling for Millar to be handed the reins.

I can see the logic behind the players sticking together and forging a bunker mentality, rather than falling apart, but if losing at home to Alloa is what they have to show for it I'd rather they didn't bother.

EOho8Pw.png

Millar has made a career out of playing as a defensive midfielder. If you told St Johnstone fans that you believe he is a major reason we don't score enough goals then they would absolutely laugh in your face.

But he hasn't purely being playing as a defensive midfielder for us. Much of our play has gone through him, especially when Tidser hasn't been in the middle of the park. Tonight was more glaringly obvious than usual... ball to Millar, takes forever to shift it on, opposition get plenty of men behind the ball - opportunity gone. 

I know some have the blinkers on with Millar, so pointless discussing with them.

"When the seagulls follow the trawler, it's because they think sardines will be thrown into the sea."

Thing is though, if we stay up then we're potentially a debt free championship club with a decent youth academy and community programme. It's not a terrible legacy to leave behind.

If anyone out there is interested, now is the time to make their move and try to get some sort of bounce for the start of next season while we're at a low.

Except that your youth academy has delivered precisely £0 in transfer revenue and your under-10 futsal ‘community programs’ are irrelevant in terms of building a fanbase when most of the adults in the room can also see that the club is a totally rudderless ship that they no longer wish to support with their hard-earned cash. Which also happens to be the exact same conclusions that have led Golden Casket to offload the club ASAP.

But aye, so long as Iron Man’s precious ‘league survival’ target is secured for next season then I’m sure that Emirati investors will be queuing round the block to take us over instead.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

Archived