morton v q o s - Page 8 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

morton v q o s

beetee

I think now we just have to hope that something clicks in his head that tidser has to be the first name on the team sheet every game.

If we have him until the end of the season then I hope he manages to put some sort of decent run together and starts to show some sort of managerial skill.

Although we fell into this trap after we best Ross county 1 nil at home at the start of Janaury.

Im making perfect sense, your just not keeping up.

My Twitter - 
https://twitter.com/RJChesh

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Despite the knicker-wetting on here recently there was and is no serious chance of us going down: the league being stacked with dung like Queen of the South already assured us of that. Even TTGJ will shitfest another two or three wins between now and the end of the season - particularly with all of the bottom three still having to visit Cappielow, where we've conceded very few goals recently.

The result was deserved and the performance was a marked improvement on recent weeks, so I don't want to pick at too many holes right now. Lyon didn't look out of place; Dykes did by finally being dropped from the team. Both Thomson and Kiltie did well off the bench and more importantly offered different options in the forward areas to McHugh and Dallas. I don't think that any of them are genuinely good forwards at this level but combining any two of them gives us a someway credible chance of creating chances and scoring from open play. 

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

Ok, we'll agree to disagree. I think Millar constantly slows the game down to the pace he is now operating at... and when you have that in the heart of midfield, you're attacking is going to be pedestrian, which it has been all season.

Millar not the only one to blame, McAlister has lost yards of pace compared to his peak, so things don't move quickly enough through him either.

I really hope our central midfield doesn't feature both Millar and McAlister next season.

Thought McAlister played well. Lots of energy

Felt sorry for the Thomson and the abuse from some in the cowshed

He’s not my favourite by a long way but made an important contribution to the win

Breath of fresh air to have Mccrorie in goal. His distribution is excellent.

I would prefer he doesn't come up practically to the half way line at times when we have a free kick.  Last night he almost got caught out by an attempt from distance (about 45 yards or so) by Lyndon Dykes.  Fortunately it was slightly off target.  Free kicks in midfield should be taken by outfield players.  however McCrorie looks a terrific keeper.  If he doesn't make the breakthrough at Therangers, we should at least try to sign him, although I think he would by that stage be snapped up by a lot of premiership clubs.

"Any nation given the opportunity to regain its national sovereignty and which then rejects it is so far beneath contempt that it is hard to put words to it."

So we survive and keep JJ you're happy knowing that will be next season written off already?

Going down would be cataclysmic for the club. If we stay up I don't think that guarantees JJ his job, it's the bare minimum and wasnt enough for Duffy

Simple fact is that we're exponentially better with Tidser in the team, in a three man midfield. Lyons was excellent too, and McAlister had maybe his best game of the season.

Last night provided that all our players are decent enough and nowhere near as bad as Johansson thinks they are and has made them look. 

AWMSC

That would be hilarious. All those years with Rae snr throwing money at it got us nowhere, jnr comes in, appoints a crap manager that the fans hate who then gets us to the premier league within 1 season while being told to cut the budget. So Morton.

Would be even more hilarious if we passed by Ayr on the way. Their spectacular bottle crash has them only 9 points ahead of Dunfermline now and 10 of us

I looked at the GBR Photos of the game and the way Tidser celebrated the goal with Buchanan was brilliant to see his emotion...looks to me like he loves playing in that jersey

He just loves football. It will be the same for him at Falkirk.

He just loves football. It will be the same for him at Falkirk.

There is absolutely no evidence whatsoever that he is either going to Falkirk or has signed a precontract with them.  Actually he's more likely to go to the likes of Dundee if they stay up, I would suggest.  However I suspect that if Morton offered him (now) a 2 year extension and a testimonial, he'd be perfectly happy to stay here.  He will be looking for financial security and I doubt he will get that playing in the league below (I hope) for a club that may well be struggling financially.  Nobody in their right mind would sign a precontract with a club in Falkirk's current position.

I am starting to get pretty fed up with those on here who are unremittingly negative about every aspect of Morton and denigrate everything, even to the point of wanting the team to lose.  Some Falkirk jakey posts some crap about a precontract (which is very probably a wind up) and it's all "woe is us, we're a joke, an embarrassment etc".  No we're not, we're not Barcelona but we're clearly better than Queens, Alloa (arguably) and Partick, and Falkirk themselves are currently sitting joint bottom of the table on points.  We have a manager who has failed badly so far, but I'm prepared to wait and see if he learns from last night - which means Tidser in the middle on Friday. I'd prefer he had a stronger personality as he comes across wishy washy but he's not going anywhere until at least the end of the season so we just have to hope that he is intelligent enough to learn from his (many) mistakes.  Last night at least gives me some hope although the jury will still be out for some time.  We've had a poor run, but just for once we might finish the season strongly despite our lack of credible strikers.

Let's hope Tidser scores the winner against Falkirk on Friday, then we'll see how that pans out.

"Any nation given the opportunity to regain its national sovereignty and which then rejects it is so far beneath contempt that it is hard to put words to it."

Thomson is and has been playing injured for a while now, was happy to see him actually make a positive contribution.

I haven't really seen a great deal of him, but I thought there were a few things he done last night in which you could see flashes of why he done well at his last couple of teams. Maybe he's just a player who's natural level is at the likes of Dumbarton and Brechin, but maybe if you can get his confidence up he'd have something to offer. It's probably a lazy comparison based on his height, but some of his touches were reminiscent of Templeman - he's probably a different kind if player, but still.

AWMSC

Would be even more hilarious if we passed by Ayr on the way. Their spectacular bottle crash has them only 9 points ahead of Dunfermline now and 10 of us

Ayr have 18 points from their last 15 matches. We have 17 points from our last 15 matches. In their last 10 games they have won 9 points and we have won 12 points. In their last 5 games they have won 4 points and we have won 5 points. 

Whatever way you look at it, there hasn't been much between the teams in terms of points gained for quite some time. It won't be enough for us to catch them (I'm not sure we'll get more than the 43 points that they're currently on - 45 at best IMO), but they will be starting to look behind them (at ICT particularly). 

At this point, Ayr's point total of 43 is similar to our last couple of seasons (41 and 45 points at this stage). They have a favourable run of games coming up, if they continue to struggle then they will probably collapse like we did in those seasons. 

Alibi, those rumours appeared at the same time as Tidser being dropped ffom the team and it’s common knowlege now something was happening with his contract last month. JJ even said as much last night.

What exactly was said? I can understand Tidser being annoyed at being dropped and/or played out of position, but he had the chance to leave during the transfer window.  Nobody apart from on these forums (fora?) has mentioned any PCA.  Tidser may well leave but if he does I would expect it would be upwards, not to Falkirk which frankly is a downward move at the moment, and hopefully more so after we have turned them over on Friday.

I am disappointed that the BoD have done nothing (nothing in the public domain anyway) to extend Tidser's contract.  Everyone can see his value to the team.  Leaving it until May or June is just pain stupid.  Get it sorted now - announce a 2 year extension at, oh, let me think, about 5pm on Friday.

Ayr have 18 points from their last 15 matches. We have 17 points from our last 15 matches. In their last 10 games they have won 9 points and we have won 12 points. In their last 5 games they have won 4 points and we have won 5 points. 

Whatever way you look at it, there hasn't been much between the teams in terms of points gained for quite some time. It won't be enough for us to catch them (I'm not sure we'll get more than the 43 points that they're currently on - 45 at best IMO), but they will be starting to look behind them (at ICT particularly). 

At this point, Ayr's point total of 43 is similar to our last couple of seasons (41 and 45 points at this stage). They have a favourable run of games coming up, if they continue to struggle then they will probably collapse like we did in those seasons. 

I don't think there's any chance whatsoever of us catching them. Or of Inverness and Dunfermline putting in consistent enough results. But it would be absolutely hilarious if it did happen

JJ actually said in one interview that the matter was not football related, but whether he meant on the park football or the whole football situation including contacts, I don't know.

He certainly did say he wanted to keep him here so maybe the story of Dundee wanting him in January has something to it, but who knows.

Let us keep him.

Archived