morton v q o s - Page 7 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

morton v q o s

beetee

In spells tonight, that was the most lively we've looked in a long time,

Why? Tidser was back... and at long last Millar and McAlister didn't feature together! They should never play in the same midfield together - one or the other.

Young Lyons had a very good game. He showed more energy and drive than McAlister/Millar have all season.

A deserved win.

More energy and drive than Millar? Behave.

Good people will do good things, bad people will do bad things, but only with religion do good people do bad things!

32.gif

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dallas unfortunately looked like a child playing against men tonight. Needs to toughen up to have any chance of competing in this league.

Was impressed with Lyon. There is a lot to work with there, and there were times he kind of drifted out of the game, but that will come with experience. I don't need to say anything about Tidser, we all know what he brings to the team, just keep him in the bloody starting 11!

Best 90 mins in many many months! Keeper and back 5 were all very good. Thought Iredale had a great game. Dobbie was in the main, very quiet! Midfield 3 worked very well, to think Dykes has been in there previously!

Dallas looked like a wee boy against men, felt for him as nothing was sticking for him and we did look more of a threat when he went off. Would start Kiltie up top on Fri, although he should have buried that late chance!

Surely we will finish ahead of Queens, really poor!

Random stat- that's 401 mins or 4 1/2 games since we let a goal in at Cappielow. We don't score a lot, but at least we don't give goals away!

Beat Falkirk and we go 11 clear of them and we can start looking above us again.

More energy and drive than Millar? Behave.

Being serious?

You didn't notice how slow Millar looked when he came on tonight? And as always virtually every pass from him went backwards - at 0-0 he had a load of space to drive into, yet chose to stop and pass it back to a defender.

I just don't like the way he plays at all. It has definitely contributed to how slowly we've turned defence into attack all season... and the resultant lack of goals.

"When the seagulls follow the trawler, it's because they think sardines will be thrown into the sea."

Being serious?

You didn't notice how slow Millar looked when he came on tonight? And as always virtually every pass from him went backwards - at 0-0 he had a load of space to drive into, yet chose to stop and pass it back to a defender.

I just don't like the way he plays at all. It has definitely contributed to how slowly we've turned defence into attack all season... and the resultant lack of goals.

He wasn't great when he came on tonight but that's not what you said, you said than he's been all season. There's no one in our squad who's showed more energy or drive to get our midfield forward.

Tonight aside where he had some good and some bad moments he is always looking to pass forward but rarely has anyone making any movement ahead of him, while he's constantly making runs with and without the ball to get us up the pitch.

There are many reasons for our lack of goals this season, Chris Millar is one of the furtherst possible things from being one of them.

Good people will do good things, bad people will do bad things, but only with religion do good people do bad things!

32.gif

Good win that will give JJ a bit of a breather, until Friday at least, but with the performances of Tidser and Lyon in particular it shows just how much he has mismanaged the team for weeks and failed to make the most of what he has.

Actually, with the midfield performance tonight, he should have been immediately sacked at full time for having played Dykes for weeks.

Delighted with the 3 points especially as I backed us to win 1-0 at HT but the bigger picture remains the same. Quite a lot of Morton fans would've rather we got pumped tonight if it meant JJ was removed from his post after the game. That doesn't mean you don't care about the club, quite the opposite in fact. Short term pain for long term gain and all that shit. Now we're likely to be lumbered with him til at least the end of the season, especially if we get something against Falkirk.

"CORNBEEF IS A BELLEND"

The league table is such that we can't hope for any points dropped for any reason. We absolutely can't go down. We won't be able to generate any interest in the club if, in the first of a three-year plan, we disappear into the Airdrie abyss. I think we really would just resign ourselves to diddydom if we were relegated. It's simply not an option. As such, I want us to rack up all the available points.

EOho8Pw.png

The league table is such that we can't hope for any points dropped for any reason. We absolutely can't go down. We won't be able to generate any interest in the club if, in the first of a three-year plan, we disappear into the Airdrie abyss. I think we really would just resign ourselves to diddydom if we were relegated. It's simply not an option. As such, I want us to rack up all the available points.

So we survive and keep JJ you're happy knowing that will be next season written off already?

"CORNBEEF IS A BELLEND"

Being serious?

^^ where do you start with this pish!?

So we survive and keep JJ you're happy knowing that will be next season written off already?

The optimal outcome is comfortable survival and still bagging him. But if it's between staying up and keeping him, and even risking relegation and losing him, I think the former is the lesser evil. Because if we go down, that's it. There won't be any resurgence for the journey like Dunfermline had in their second season down, for example. It'll be yet another false dawn and for many people the last one.

I don't think those hoping to hasten JJ's departure are not real fans or whatever, but I do think they underestimate what another relegation would do to the club. It's a risk we absolutely cannot take.

EOho8Pw.png

He wasn't great when he came on tonight but that's not what you said, you said than he's been all season. There's no one in our squad who's showed more energy or drive to get our midfield forward.

Tonight aside where he had some good and some bad moments he is always looking to pass forward but rarely has anyone making any movement ahead of him, while he's constantly making runs with and without the ball to get us up the pitch.

There are many reasons for our lack of goals this season, Chris Millar is one of the furtherst possible things from being one of them.

Ok, we'll agree to disagree. I think Millar constantly slows the game down to the pace he is now operating at... and when you have that in the heart of midfield, you're attacking is going to be pedestrian, which it has been all season. 

Millar not the only one to blame, McAlister has lost yards of pace compared to his peak, so things don't move quickly enough through him either.

I really hope our central midfield doesn't feature both Millar and McAlister next season.

"When the seagulls follow the trawler, it's because they think sardines will be thrown into the sea."

The optimal outcome is comfortable survival and still bagging him. But if it's between staying up and keeping him, and even risking relegation and losing him, I think the former is the lesser evil. Because if we go down, that's it. There won't be any resurgence for the journey like Dunfermline had in their second season down, for example. It'll be yet another false dawn and for many people the last one.

I don't think those hoping to hasten JJ's departure are not real fans or whatever, but I do think they underestimate what another relegation would do to the club. It's a risk we absolutely cannot take.

Agreed.

I was shocked at the performance tonight and will be if that level keeps up. Queens were poor but we were good.

If we can keep it up from now until the end of the season I guess JJ will have proved us wrong and deserve to still be here. I can't see it but didn't expect tonight either.

^^ where do you start with this pish!?

Ah well, several others I know think exactly the same about Millar. His cameo tonight summed him up for me... slow and negative.

Would rather close the three point gap on ICT and go up.

That would be hilarious. All those years with Rae snr throwing money at it got us nowhere, jnr comes in, appoints a crap manager that the fans hate who then gets us to the premier league within 1 season while being told to cut the budget. So Morton.

"CORNBEEF IS A BELLEND"

Delighted with the 3 points especially as I backed us to win 1-0 at HT but the bigger picture remains the same. Quite a lot of Morton fans would've rather we got pumped tonight if it meant JJ was removed from his post after the game. That doesn't mean you don't care about the club, quite the opposite in fact. Short term pain for long term gain and all that s***. Now we're likely to be lumbered with him til at least the end of the season, especially if we get something against Falkirk.

If we keep getting points on the board whether it's from scrappy wins etc. Then it's no bad thing. JJ can keep his job for as long as he wants as long as the team is one which gets good results.

*insert signature here*

If we keep getting points on the board whether it's from scrappy wins etc. Then it's no bad thing. JJ can keep his job for as long as he wants as long as the team is one which gets good results.

I can't see this happening at all but if we do somehow start getting results then the shocking start to the job will soon be forgotten.

That would be hilarious. All those years with Rae snr throwing money at it got us nowhere, jnr comes in, appoints a crap manager that the fans hate who then gets us to the premier league within 1 season while being told to cut the budget. So Morton.

That was Rangers back in 2008, they spent the previous two decades spending millions every season in the pursuit of European glory, yet the closest time they got to this was when they were skint and with a team populated with shite like Neil Alexander, Kirk Broadfoot, Nacho Novo, Sasa Papac, Hemdani etc. Along with a whole load of older Free transfers like Davie Weir, Darcheville etc.

*insert signature here*

I can't see this happening at all but if we do somehow start getting results then the shocking start to the job will soon be forgotten.

Tonight's win pretty much guranteed JJ has the job until the end of the season,

Archived