New Away Kit Vote - Page 10 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

New Away Kit Vote

Scott

By my reckoning, we should be wearing the new away kit against Dunfermline (as per last time), but yet to hear a single noise about this new kit from the club. 

Seems we've just chucked any kind of communication. 

Think the previous away launch was an exception rather than a rule. A rare case of Morton trying to do something early and effectively (although releasing a kit, only available in Greenock town, on the morning of an away match is still pretty moronic).

• Replies 374
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just been in Smiths and noticed there’s another couple of retro tops getting released that we haven’t bothered advertising.

You’ll probably find Smiths haven’t told the club about them like last time.

...and if Smith's are doing it off their own back, there's no profit for Morton. Hopefully they at least are making some licensing fees but that assumes someone at Cappielow is on top of that kind of thing.

What Carew can do with a ball, I can do with an orange

I presume Morton will get a share of the profit. The concern is the clear lack of planning between the two to try and maximise revenue by actually marketing the tops credibly. 

As it stands there's some hand written labels stuck onto two prototype tops plastered on to manikins. Hardly the most appealing marketing strategy. Typically 'Morton'

TIME FOR CHANGE!

I presume Morton will get a share of the profit. The concern is the clear lack of planning between the two to try and maximise revenue by actually marketing the tops credibly.

As it stands there's some hand written labels stuck onto two prototype tops plastered on to manikins. Hardly the most appealing marketing strategy. Typically 'Morton'

We really need some sort of marketing/ pr person to try to get all these things to be aligned.

I'm sure they'd be able to get someone on a part time consultancy basis without breaking the bank too much and leave it to current staff to run with the plan. It would pay for itself in after a few months.

We really need some sort of marketing/ pr person to try to get all these things to be aligned.

I'm sure they'd be able to get someone on a part time consultancy basis without breaking the bank too much and leave it to current staff to run with the plan. It would pay for itself in after a few months.

Absolutely without question.

Income generation has always been overlooked for threats of cuts.

Moronic.

Unless something has changed - and I'm fairly sure it hasn't - Smiths pay Morton a set fee on a monthly basis and in return they retain the proceeds of all merchandise sold. I didn't raise it at the last AGM but had done previously and the Board had always said they were happy with the arrangement. 

TRUST THE DUFF

Unless something has changed - and I'm fairly sure it hasn't - Smiths pay Morton a set fee on a monthly basis and in return they retain the proceeds of all merchandise sold. I didn't raise it at the last AGM but had done previously and the Board had always said they were happy with the arrangement. 

That's how i remember it being as well. Even things like getting strips for ball boys the club had to pay full price from Smiths to get them.

Good people will do good things, bad people will do bad things, but only with religion do good people do bad things!

32.gif

• 3 weeks later...

Would still be good to let the support know which top won, given we were asked to vote for it.

Given that we've just switched CEO and appointed a new manager, I don't think that will have been high in the priorities.

If they can follow up the Hopkin announcement with a couple of decent signings then strip sales will look after themselves.

Strips have zero to do with Hoppy or McKinnon.

Hawke, Rae or Lesley Ann could have managed this.

These are small things that do not take much effort that could be rectified quickly.

Archived