New Away Kit Vote - Page 9 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

New Away Kit Vote

Scott

• Replies 374
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Does it really matter?

Of course it does. Shirt sales should bring in a decent amount of income, yet somehow every summer the whole thing goes tits up in one way or the other. It's not really a good start to the "maximise investment and cut the costs" strategy.

AWMSC

Of course it does. Shirt sales should bring in a decent amount of income, yet somehow every summer the whole thing goes tits up in one way or the other. It's not really a good start to the "maximise investment and cut the costs" strategy.

Not every summer. They've been selling more tops recently then ever before.

They brought the tartan one out on the last away game last time we released a new away strip. I think it might have been against Dunfermline?

We're a matter of weeks away from that last away fixture - coincidentally against them again - yet the club haven't so much as muttered a word about what strip was chosen, other than to announce rather surprisingly as if we all knew at the Q&A that it was in fact the Yellow.

Crawford had a cheek to ask for examples of car crash stories when quizzed about the complete shit show hes running. Well, here;s a prime example. Fucking embarrassing.

TIME FOR CHANGE!

They brought the tartan one out on the last away game last time we released a new away strip. I think it might have been against Dunfermline?

We're a matter of weeks away from that last away fixture - coincidentally against them again - yet the club haven't so much as muttered a word about what strip was chosen, other than to announce rather surprisingly as if we all knew at the Q&A that it was in fact the Yellow.

Crawford had a cheek to ask for examples of car crash stories when quizzed about the complete s*** show hes running. Well, here;s a prime example. ****ing embarrassing.

Aye, it's a pretty basic thing, if you're going to make a song and dance about a vote then it's not a great look to never mention it ever again.

Also brings us back to the fact that the merchandise is almost entirely all bland, unremarkable and overpriced. The old-style polo/strip is smart but most of the other stuff looks like the tacky rubbish you'd have bought from a shop in the Forum.

It's been like that for a while, last good thing was the Bukta trackies.

AWMSC

Aye, it's a pretty basic thing, if you're going to make a song and dance about a vote then it's not a great look to never mention it ever again.

Also brings us back to the fact that the merchandise is almost entirely all bland, unremarkable and overpriced. The old-style polo/strip is smart but most of the other stuff looks like the tacky rubbish you'd have bought from a shop in the Forum.

It's been like that for a while, last good thing was the Bukta trackies.

Morton didn't know about that retro polo either, so it's not like they're going out their way to come up with decent stuff.

I believe that was Smith's. 

TIME FOR CHANGE!

Indeed. So I repeat, does it matter?

Bespoke, design, good idea.

Quality, materials, horrendous.

Morton didn't know about that retro polo either, so it's not like they're going out their way to come up with decent stuff.

I believe that was Smith's. 

Just clicked the club shop link on the official website and was confronted by a big banner advert for the Celtic strip. Classy.

AWMSC

Most of the Bukta stuff was excellent!

Yep, the 08/09 kit (season we beat hibs at Easter road..?) still is one of my favourites. I actually think our kits look better with the blue shorts and socks.

I’ve no real problem with the quality of the kits now, a bit overpriced but then most are these days. I like the new yellow top but the communication to the fans about it has been shambolic.

Yep, the 08/09 kit (season we beat hibs at Easter road..?) still is one of my favourites. I actually think our kits look better with the blue shorts and socks.

I’ve no real problem with the quality of the kits now, a bit overpriced but then most are these days. I like the new yellow top but the communication to the fans about it has been shambolic.

Aye, the quality of the strips is decent enough.

Does anyone know what the mark up is on our strips? I know that for the big clubs it's a whopping 1000% but these are generally made in the far East, whereas ours are made, I think, in Hillington. I can't imagine there's a massive profit for the club, even if we do shift upwards of a thousand.

The company that source them are from Hillington. They aren't made there.

Who made the effort that washed out and gave the team umpteen different shades of hoops?

McGhee needs some support, there's no-one backing him up.
Hayes playing it forward, Bell being forced to do it all alone, now forward from Marr, here's Ritchie, still Andy Ritchie, look at the control...

That is a marvellous goal from Andy Ritchie. Twenty minutes on the clock and Morton's supporters come alive. A goal which epitomises the control, the arrogance, the cheek of Andy Ritchie.

Who made the effort that washed out and gave the team umpteen different shades of hoops?

Bukta.

As has been mentioned though, a lot of the other gear they produced was decent barring the 0708 strip that actually looked good at the beginning of the season, before fading badly under more and more exposure.

Pretty much sums up that season under Jim McInally actually.

The company that source them are from Hillington. They aren't made there.

They're called The White Label Solution and we featured in one of their past brochures (first year they made our kit). We also appear as a case study on their website by the looks of it: https://thewhitelabelsolution.co.uk/

Bristol Sport use them and Bristol City in particular have had great success with them although personally I don't think like any of their designs, and was astonished when their purple and lime kit won best in the EFL a couple of years ago:

https://www.bcfc.co.uk/news/purple-and-lime-voted-best-kit-in-the-efl/

They are also apparently recording record sales in their retail clothing. Bristol Sport do have a multi-multi-millionaire owner though who can pay for things like, you know, marketing.

WLS's brochure advertises they are all about retail margin so I'd be surprised if the garments are particularly expensive for the club to buy, they may have gentler minimum orders so it's easier for Morton to source from them without being left with lots of unsold kits.

I'm 99% Joma have been in touch with Morton about providing kits but to no avail, but that could be because of length of contract with WLS.

What Carew can do with a ball, I can do with an orange

Does it really matter?

As it was asked in the new away kit thread I'd say yes.

There's a storm on the horizon

And for that I can't see the sun

For I'll keep a waiting on the pavement

For the ice cream van to come

The Bristol kits were amongst some pretty full rails of garments we looked at when discussing the away kits at Vision's offices. I have to say I much prefer the material used in their strips, which has a textured weave giving the appearance of very fine horizontal bands. I'd hoped this, or something similar, would be used for the yellow kit rather than the sublimated shades of yellow.

Archived