January Transfer Window Thread - Page 41 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

January Transfer Window Thread

BishopBrennan

If the window shuts and we sign nobody else other than a keeper then JJ needs to go. Guys wouldn't be in on trial etc if there were no funds to sign anyone. If Todorov doesn't sign after going to a game in Methill then I think its pretty clear that its the team and tactics putting players off.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Our plan was to hit them on the counter. I ****ing piss myself at this statement every time i think about it. 

It really is bonkers, ain't it? Even better when he comes to the conclusion that the system he picked to fit the players he had didn't work because he doesn't have the players to play the system he picked to fit the players he has. Guy's a balloon, enough's enough.

AWMSC

If the window shuts and we sign nobody else other than a keeper then JJ needs to go. Guys wouldn't be in on trial etc if there were no funds to sign anyone. If Todorov doesn't sign after going to a game in Methill then I think its pretty clear that its the team and tactics putting players off.

I got the distinct impression he is keen to sign but until he gets an offer...

Its actually embarrassing that he thinks this team can counter attack - we literally have one of the most creative players in the league (Tidser) and then people like Telfer and now Dykes who are creative players whilst having 0 pace. Its the exact opposite of counterattacking.

In the first half at East Fife we actually looked okay, we were keeping it well and stretching them side-to-side. Bar some woeful defending and poor finishing/bad luck we looked comfortable. Then in the second-half all of that composed play was tossed out the window and we were a toral shambles.

Some bright spark wrote in to the Tele the other day saying "Tidser has had his day". Either that's Johansson or somebody that should just accept football isn't really the sport for them.

I didn't see that but it is absolute crap.

Tidser is a class act.

The problem with the way JJ sets us up is that he seems more afraid of us getting badly beaten than anything else.

For a man who played all his football as a forward he seems to have forgotten how to build an attack.

We are one paced and don't have anyone willing /able to run at the opposition with any conviction or consistency and certainly no one capable of holding the ball up.

One result is that our defence never really gets a break and then the silly individual errors become more likely.

The best means of defence is attack and we seem incapable of mounting much of that. We desperately need a forward who can really get in among the opposition defenders.... at the moment there is not one.

Some bright spark wrote in to the Tele the other day saying "Tidser has had his day". Either that's Johansson or somebody that should just accept football isn't really the sport for them.

Seriously? Only he and Millar are worth paying to watch. Did he put his name to it?

"CORNBEEF IS A BELLEND"

There's a few folk out on Twitter who routinely slate Tidser at any opportunity. Can't understand how they can't see his quality above the rest of the squad apart from Millar.

Tidser and Millar are routinely frustrated by having so little quality in front of them and so to try and keep possession they are forced to play square or even back and then are criticised.

They remain out best two players by some distance and if we can get some improvement in quality up front their quality will be even more apparent.

If we don’t bring anyone else in you can say blame needs to spread around collectively (ie how could the board only sanction Dykes coming in when Thomson, Bell, McLean, Tiffoney and Scully all left) but even with the board taking the blame as well it’d only strengthen the arguments in favour of sacking Johansson.

The consistent argument in his defence has been that it’s unfair to judge him for being unable to get results with this squad because it’s not his and we just had to wait until January. I personally can’t stand that argument as it amounted to writing off four months of the season, but if we do end up with the same squad just with even less depth for the rest of the season then it’s already been proven beyond doubt that Johansson is incapable of managing this group of players.

I don’t buy for a second that two or three good signings would see much improvement anyway when you look at how he’s misused Tidser, but without those signings everyone who still wants to keep him is forced to admit that keeping him in charge amounts to writing off the next four months as well, because by their own admission he can’t get results with the current squad and without signings that won’t change. That leaves sacking him as the only option.

Brian Wake my Lord, Brian Wake

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

Seriously? Only he and Millar are worth paying to watch. Did he put his name to it?

Aye, Brian Thompson. 

It's just a fundamentally stupid thing to say. Doesn't he remember the start of the season? Christ, even in the Ross County game the other week Tidser's quality was there for all to see, even if it wasn't his most spectacular performance. 

Whether we'd have achieved anything this season under McKinnon or whether it'd have fell apart eventually is something we'll never know, but at the very least we were in for a treat watching Tidser playing the way he was. If you have him firing on all cylinders and the team set up around him, the chances are we'd have won more games than we lost and at least they'd have been watchable. Absolutely baffling  that anybody'd suggest that he's past it.

AWMSC

I can't really imagine any player who has seen anything of us under Johansson wanting to come unless he didn't have any other options, to be honest. Little point in a forward coming to join a team that plays 5 at the back against East Fife.

I don't think a player looking to move is as bothered as you think about how good a team is to watch or what formation they play. They're looking for a wage and to perform well enough to get a better move.

Peter Weatherson is the greatest player since Ritchie, and should be assigned 'chairman for life' 

onsP5NR.jpg

I don't think a player looking to move is as bothered as you think about how good a team is to watch or what formation they play. They're looking for a wage and to perform well enough to get a better move.

Aye, agreed.

Unless he goes to a bigger team offering more money.

Archived