January Transfer Window Thread - Page 35 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

January Transfer Window Thread

BishopBrennan

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

McKinnon and Denny were both interviewed at the time and both said McKinnon had tried to sign Denny previously when he was at DU and was a big fan of him when he was at Raith ( when they beat us to the playoffs). Denny also said he was speaking one/off to Ray for a couple of years etc so I've absolute no doubt it was the snake who signed him rather than the board pushing it!

Lol wut

What did you expect them to say when unveiling a key player exactly? ‘Eh I don’t actually know much about him but the club wanted him in before me so I just went along with it as well’? Truly stunning media work right there!

Duffy made similar noises when Tidser signed back in January 2015 and any logical observer would still conclude that the impetus for the deal came from above his head. As also happened when former players were brought back to the club under previous managers like Jim McInally (see Mahood, Alan). The same conclusion therefore applies to players whose likely return to the club was already an open secret before we even appointed a permanent manager in the summer.

Or you could choose to hang everything on the truth of what came out the mouth of a proven liar, Judas figure and all-round King Snake just a few weeks before he stabbed the club in the back instead. Tough call tbh.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

Don't you know he has been awarded for award-winning, fact-based analysis?

Raging that ‘Darren Barr: Defensive Collosus of 2017/18’ failed to make that grade type post IMO.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

Lol wut

What did you expect them to say when unveiling a key player exactly? ‘Eh I don’t actually know much about him but the club wanted him in before me so I just went along with it as well’? Truly stunning media work right there!

Duffy made similar noises when Tidser signed back in January 2015 and any logical observer would still conclude that the impetus for the deal came from above his head. As also happened when former players were brought back to the club under previous managers like Jim McInally (see Mahood, Alan). The same conclusion therefore applies to players whose likely return to the club was already an open secret before we even appointed a permanent manager in the summer.

Or you could choose to hang everything on the truth of what came out the mouth of a proven liar, Judas figure and all-round King Snake just a few weeks before he stabbed the club in the back instead. Tough call tbh.

He quite obviously wouldn't need to come out and say he had tried to sign him before if indeed he never!! Likewise Denny wouldnt have came out and said he had been speaking on/off to him for a couple of years, long before he was at Morton.

Why is it so absurd to you that maybe just maybe Mckinnon rated him and wanted to sign him??

Aye its not like either of them needed to concoct a cover story for the signing even if they didn't want to mention that it was the club that signed him. Managers sign players all the time without a huge story behind it.

Good people will do good things, bad people will do bad things, but only with religion do good people do bad things!

32.gif

It's possible the board altered McKinnon to Johnstone's availability but it's a bit of a stretch to say that he's a player that he wouldn't otherwise have known about and/or been interested in.

I don't really think there's anything sinister in the whole thing, it's just really unfortunate all round although that said it was clearly a really poor decision to play him at Firhill when he obviously wasn't ready to start a game.

AWMSC

Don't know if I'm Gourlayposting or not but he was officially released by Rieti in Italy last week, so he's a free agent.

He was in Methil with his agent. Maintained he had options but was keen to sign for Morton - awaiting an offer. After today I would run a mile!

The Sun are reporting that Dundee Utd are weighing up a move for Todorov and it was Neilson who was manager when he went to Hearts.

So excited to see who our 17th choice striker target is this year :lol:

Good people will do good things, bad people will do bad things, but only with religion do good people do bad things!

32.gif

Archived