January Transfer Window Thread - Page 34 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

January Transfer Window Thread

BishopBrennan

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Todorov. Only skimmed the Denny story, but he says he doesn't need another operation but there doesn't  seem to be any indication that he'll be back any time soon.

Hope I'm wrong but Todorov strikes me as "Duffy going for 13 strikers and then getting the 14th" scenario..

His time is Scotland certainly doesn't look like a striker who can come in and score goals for us.

Happy to be proven wrong though if he does indeed sign!

Hope I'm wrong but Todorov strikes me as "Duffy going for 13 strikers and then getting the 14th" scenario..

His time is Scotland certainly doesn't look like a striker who can come in and score goals for us.

Happy to be proven wrong though if he does indeed sign!

He is certainly a Duffy type of 'footballer'

What an absolute waste it has been signing Denny. Gutted for him personally but that's another **** up on McKinnon's head. 

If you think that King Snake was the one pushing for Johnstone's return to the club then you're deluded. Like Millar, McAlister and Tidser a few years back, the board was pushing that one forward. The likes of Telfer were obviously King Snake's picks. 

It's also wrong to term it a fuck up really. If the club was in any way serious about challenging near the top then it had to push the boat for a better forward in the summer - and despite some bizarro conspiracy theories, the simple facts are that he has struggled with a serious injury. Key players get injured all the time in football; that's the risk you take. We had this with Peter MacDonald in every season he was at the club and could easily have been (or could yet happen) with Millar, Tidser etc. 

The only people who should be getting their jotters over the Johnstone situation are the Sutton/Anderson brains trust. King Snake's last interview was absolutely clear that Johnstone was nowhere near fit enough to start the Partick game; instead they chucked him in - no doubt to see if they might land the job permanently with a few decent results. Instead they delivered shite results and contributed to a key player suffering a relapse of his injury as well. Probably the most incompetent 'caretakers' in the history of the club, including even David 'Hoppy' Hopkin and his 0% win record over two separate stints in the job. 

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

Why would King Snake - and you address him by his proper title - be pushing for the return of a player who he had never worked with before and he wouldn't know more about than that other great forward addition Connor Bell? As opposed to club officials who had already experienced Johnstone's performances and had previously tried to sign him up again before he went south of the border? 

Like the other ex-players who returned in the summer, these targets were practically an open secret before King Snake was even in the job. At best, he gave a green light to what was already lined up for the new manager's approval. 

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

Why would King Snake - and you address him by his proper title - be pushing for the return of a player who he had never worked with before and he wouldn't know more about than that other great forward addition Connor Bell? As opposed to club officials who had already experienced Johnstone's performances and had previously tried to sign him up again before he went south of the border?

Like the other ex-players who returned in the summer, these targets were practically an open secret before King Snake was even in the job. At best, he gave a green light to what was already lined up for the new manager's approval.

So in essence you don't.

Apparently we're after proven goalscorer Nikolay Todorov.

I was impressed by Todorov in his games against us early last season, he was certainly awkward to deal with. 

Was just going to say this. He gave us the runaround at Cappielow last season.

He'll certainly be a better targetman than Thomson anyway

McKinnon and Denny were both interviewed at the time and both said McKinnon had tried to sign Denny previously when he was at DU and was a big fan of him when he was at Raith ( when they beat us to the playoffs). Denny also said he was speaking one/off to Ray for a couple of years etc so I've absolute no doubt it was the snake who signed him rather than the board pushing it!

McKinnon and Denny were both interviewed at the time and both said McKinnon had tried to sign Denny previously when he was at DU and was a big fan of him when he was at Raith ( when they beat us to the playoffs). Denny also said he was speaking one/off to Ray for a couple of years etc so I've absolute no doubt it was the snake who signed him rather than the board pushing it!

Fantastic fact based analysis right there!

"CORNBEEF IS A BELLEND"

Archived