Who Next? - Page 20 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Who Next?

Scott

• Replies 489
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If the likes of McGhee or Smith darken the home dugout with their presence then it'll be time to proceed straight to hounding Iron Man out of the club. His scorecard has enough marks on it without overseeing a joke of a managerial appointment. 

Get a good manager in or we hound - no pressure then. 

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

Not great is it...

Who you wanting Gary?

I guess if we are touting Ryder then Johansson comes into a similar category. Decent coaching experience, but unknown quantity. What Johansson might have over Ryder is better knowledge of the club, having worked here briefly, and of the league as a whole.

Not great is it...

Who you wanting Gary?

I'd probably go for Ryder, to be honest, even it is just by default. I'd rather take a punt on someone new and younger with fresh ideas than people who are tried and tested failures.

Johansson's went through about 5 jobs in recent years and hasn't stayed in any long. Doesn't really auger well.

AWMSC

I guess if we are touting Ryder then Johansson comes into a similar category. Decent coaching experience, but unknown quantity. What Johansson might have over Ryder is better knowledge of the club, having worked here briefly, and of the league as a whole.

Wouldn’t be totally against Johansson.

Johansson comes into the similar category to Ryder or Kennedy. An unproven coach with (hopefully) some fresh ideas. There's enough quality in the team and enough Alloas and Grangemouths in the league that we are in a position to take a chance.

You address me by my proper title, you little bollocks! 

Would rather go for Johansson then the likes of McGhee, Aitken, Hughes, Naysmith, and Barry Smith. Almost everyone on the Bet Victor odds page gives me the fear.

Johansson played at a decent level and has coached at a decent level so he will instantly command the team's respect.

Announce Rajamaki and Lindberg as coaches and complete the Finnish Dream Team

Edit to add - I see Johansson is favourite at 5/4 right now. Barry Smith was 1/3 at one point yesterday. This could all be a load of rubbish.

Would rather go for Johansson then the likes of McGhee, Aitken, Hughes, Naysmith, and Barry Smith. Almost everyone on the Bet Victor odds page gives me the fear.

Johansson played at a decent level and has coached at a decent level so he will instantly command the team's respect.

Announce Rajamaki and Lindberg as coaches and complete the Finnish Dream Team

Edit to add - I see Johansson is favourite at 5/4 right now. Barry Smith was 1/3 at one point yesterday. This could all be a load of rubbish.

I'd put more faith in BluebirdTon's singings scoops than McBookie's odds

Wouldn't be against Johansson from a 'something different' point of view, but his history of jumping ship for a better offer regularly should rule him out right now.

Yep, exactly. He didn't exactly hang about last time and hasn't really done so anywhere else to consistently prove his ability, I'd steer well clear.

AWMSC

Wouldn't be against Johansson from a 'something different' point of view, but his history of jumping ship for a better offer regularly should rule him out right now.

I wouldn’t rule him out on that basis - a young coach, probably on relatively low pay, moving to establish himself is different, I think, from an established and presumably well paid (certainly well backed) manager doing so.

I wouldn’t rule him out on that basis - a young coach, probably on relatively low pay, moving to establish himself is different, I think, from an established and presumably well paid (certainly well backed) manager doing so.

Motive - understandable. There's no guarantees with anyone, but a key factor for making the decision right now is their probability of seeing out a 3 year plan, therefore regardless of motive, his cv is written on a red flag.

Archived