Who Next? - Page 21 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Who Next?

Scott

If we’re going with this 3 year plan, surely we give the manager a 3 year deal?

I think the rolling contract is the way ahead. 3 years is a bit of a risk if it starts badly and doesn't get much better but having a rolling contract works for both sides.

• Replies 489
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Three year deals... look at Hartley and Stubbs. Imagine being stuck with them or making a massive payout to get rid.

The McKinnon story is not the norm; when was the last time a manager moved on from us that wasn't sacked?

Contracts with clauses that initiate another year based on performance is the way ahead.

Lee McCulloch appears to be one of those interviewed in the Tele :lol: Jesus wept.

He says "he'd consider if it approached".

Aye, right ye are Pep Guardiola. Piss off.

Edit: Other name mentioned is Ryder, who says precisely nothing at all. The Tele's Morton coverage is a waste of paper these days.

AWMSC

Would anyone else consider Danny Lennon?

Yeah, he’s one of the better options I’ve seen mentioned

Don’t want anyone unproven anywhere near the job.

So that rules Johansson and Kennedy out altogether for me

Watching a manager making their mistakes at Morton as their first management job isn’t something that appeals - i’d rather someone who has already got most of that out of their system.

Watching a manager making their mistakes at Morton as their first management job isn’t something that appeals - is rather someone who has already got most of that out of their system.

At least a first timer has the excuse of inexperience when they make such mistakes rather than the inexplicable of Duffy's tombola or McKinnon's brain fart that the magic solution might have been Michael Tidser - left back.

I think we'd be having ideas well above our station if we were ruling out people taking their first management role.

By and large, any managers with experience that are within our pay scale are, almost by definition, guys who have consistently not been very good. The chances of landing somebody with a great record are slim, so it'd be foolish in the extreme to rule out a first-timer as a matter of principle.

AWMSC

John Kennedy would be my first choice out of the names mentioned. He's had a good education at Celtic with the first team, seems to have leadership skills but also friendly enough to not alienate players.

Whoever we get is probably going to underwhelm (just like McKinnon did for a lot of Morton fans when he was announced), so whoever it is we need to give them a chance regardless of the previous baggage they have in management.

Good people will do good things, bad people will do bad things, but only with religion do good people do bad things!

32.gif

Archived